Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Feds had plan to arrest Chauvin on the spot if he was found not-guilty

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rge-Floyd.html

So this whole idea is kind of scary. Even if you're found not guilty the govt will still go after you.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rge-Floyd.html

So this whole idea is kind of scary. Even if you're found not guilty the govt will still go after you.
    I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight. Scary indeed.

If he was found not-guilty at a state level I absolutely would've hoped the feds would have stepped in. Dual Sovereignty.
    HELLO

They should probably still consider charging him with the crimes they planned to. If there are federal crimes violated by the murder of George Floyd, it would seem inappropriate not to charge him.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Terrifying!

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight. Scary indeed.

If he was found not-guilty at a state level I absolutely would've hoped the feds would have stepped in. Dual Sovereignty.
    What about double jepordy?

It says they are being charged on civil rights charges and it was going to be happening either way the trial went. So they are still planning to move forward with it but they didn't announce it during to avoid conflict.

Im not going to pretend like I know a lot about law. There are others here that certainly would know more.

But here's a link:

https://constitution.congress.gov/br...amdt5_2_1_2_2/

I'm only familiar with the dual sovereignty doctrine because of civil rights cases where it seems to be relevent. Like Rodney King. The officers were all found not guilty in CA but some were found guilty in federal courts for civil rights crimes. Feels like the exact same thing here in this hypothetical that we're discussing. There is legal precedent for what might have happened if the MN courts somehow decided that Chauvin didn't actually kill that person he very clearly killed. But they did. So...yeah....

Moreover, this article I don't quite think is saying what you think it is.
    HELLO

Double jeopardy only protects you from being charged with the same crime after acquittal. There were definitely other laws Chauvin broke that on a federal level he could have been charged for.

Floyd's family can bring file a civil suit against him.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Floyd's family can bring file a civil suit against him.
    I doubt he's worth anything. Certainly not worth much as a human being. I am glad they got that 27 million dollar settlement from the city of Minneapolis though.

Thatís when the cash value of each question is doubled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I doubt he's worth anything. Certainly not worth much as a human being. I am glad they got that 27 million dollar settlement from the city of Minneapolis though.
    I am really commenting on how many ways charges or suits could be level against him. Yeah, isn't it amazing the police don't get any blowback from the Mayor for costing the city major megabucks, again? On top of their large operational cost? Sure, A commander resigns, special sensitivity training engaged, and here another incident pop up. Who would want to be a major, when the cops keep creating career-killing land mines? We got two mayors in a row who got caught trying to cover up police misconduct.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

You'd think red-blooded flag-waving Republicans would be bothered that we waste so much taxpayer money on police misconduct. NYC has spent like a billion over the last 10 years in settlements. What a waste!

Nope. They just like the violence.
    HELLO

The price of doing business, and its jungle out there filled with the 'others'.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    You'd think red-blooded flag-waving Republicans would be bothered that we waste so much taxpayer money on police misconduct. NYC has spent like a billion over the last 10 years in settlements. What a waste!

Nope. They just like the violence.
    There's no amount of money they aren't willing to spend when it's dedicated to keeping the "others" down.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast