Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 181 to 192 of 192
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,184
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    On the plus side he's entering the NFL with two brand new ACLs!
    Newer and better than ever

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,840
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    As good as Desean was I donít think Desean is worth the 10th overall pick.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Desean late First sure definitely not top 20 IMO.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,840
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Pretty much.

    Interesting one I heard on the radio was Roseman hopes Smith can be DJax 2.0. Thatís rather interesting.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They are different player to me. If anything I think Waddle is more like DJax 2.0

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,579
    Davis Mills being drafted by the Texans...I believe the Texans got the steal of Day 2...plus Davis I think he will shine in Houston especially with Deshaun not there. They were in desperate need of a QB even though they have Tyrod Taylor but still

  5. #185
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    21,131
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Llullz.. someone in the eagles war room did not like this pick... what an idiot, doesnít he know cameras are in there?

    https://www.reddit.com/r/eagles/comm...tm_name=iossmf
    Saw a theory that the Eagles wanted Alim McNeill and didn't expect the Lions to take two DTs in a row.

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,184
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Saw a theory that the Eagles wanted Alim McNeill and didn't expect the Lions to take two DTs in a row.
    Thatís what I think also. The trade down made very little sense when it happened, makes even less sense knowing that thereís a guy they really wanted there. Still, I like the guy they drafted after the trade down so it might work out anyway.

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    34,993
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Saw a theory that the Eagles wanted Alim McNeill and didn't expect the Lions to take two DTs in a row.
    Heading into the draft there was talk Detroit wanted to move down because they had so few picks as they started their rebuild. So even if you didnít think DET would take him a trade down by them for someone who would was always a possibility.

    Also consider that DT was a very shallow class according to most scouts so you know that if someone does want one they could consider over-drafting to make sure they get a someone they think is a contributor.

    And if I recall, you guys only got a 6th for moving down a few spots with Carolina. It wasnít like premium value was offered. I can definitely see a reason to be annoyed there. I know itís easy to say in retrospect but if itís truly what youíre saying about McNeil they took very unnecessary risk for very little upside.

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    65,087
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Llullz.. someone in the eagles war room did not like this pick... what an idiot, doesnít he know cameras are in there?

    https://www.reddit.com/r/eagles/comm...tm_name=iossmf
    So some of the news coming out of this in Pittsburgh of all places is Donahoe (and reportedly a few others in the room) was annoyed that Howie went down the board far to pick DT as a reaction to the other DT's being taken.

  9. #189
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    21,131
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    So some of the news coming out of this in Pittsburgh of all places is Donahoe (and reportedly a few others in the room) was annoyed that Howie went down the board far to pick DT as a reaction to the other DT's being taken.
    He went down from 70 to 73 and the assumption is they had like 2 players of equal value (say Robinson and McNeill) and both were taken in the next 3 picks. The trade could be considered a reasonable risk but if this assumption is true, it's understandable how it would drive an old-school talent evaluator and former GM mad.

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    65,087
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    He went down from 70 to 73 and the assumption is they had like 2 players of equal value (say Robinson and McNeill) and both were taken in the next 3 picks. The trade could be considered a reasonable risk but if this assumption is true, it's understandable how it would drive an old-school talent evaluator and former GM mad.
    Yea. Donahoe is where Colbert learned to stick to your board and just draft it. Howie confirmed today that Donahoeís displeasure was that the 6th gained wasnít worth the value on missing on other players compared to who they ended up with.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,579
    I would say the Jets got better in these days specifically but so did we, the Patriots

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,184
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Yea. Donahoe is where Colbert learned to stick to your board and just draft it. Howie confirmed today that Donahoeís displeasure was that the 6th gained wasnít worth the value on missing on other players compared to who they ended up with.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And that was exactly my issue to begin with. I didnít know who they were targeting there but I knew there was still some very good players on the board at that spot in the 3rd round. Trading down 3 spots to gain a 6th round pick isnít enough value to potentially miss out on a guy thatís there at #70 that is at the top of your board. Thereís a time when you get aggressive and take chances but that was a completely unnecessary gamble.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •