Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Truth is Green is raw at the OC position. 4 starts but he played better there than guard ironically. Despite being shorter (just under 6’2”) he has one of the longest wingspans for IOL in this years draft. He plays mean and pissed off. Converted defensive lineman. He can be too aggressive at times and miss the delay or stunt.

But pairing him with Dodson, one of PFF highest rated rookie OL players, with a healthy DeCastro is good. Banner playing RT is going to be good for our running game as he’s a mean blocker too. Chucks Okorafor might be the only “weak point” on the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    More so busting on you pre draft when you were saying Smith was overrated even though he dominated the position (your reason for excitement with your lineman pick)
    Pre-draft it was a hot take to say Waddle is a better prospect than Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Pretty much.

Interesting one I heard on the radio was Roseman hopes Smith can be DJax 2.0. That’s rather interesting.

Not really. A lot had Waddle going before Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Pretty much.

Interesting one I heard on the radio was Roseman hopes Smith can be DJax 2.0. That’s rather interesting.

As good as Desean was I don’t think Desean is worth the 10th overall pick.

I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

That’s a tough one. In his hey day he was such a defense changer. Maybe not top 10 but def top 15

He opened everything up for everyone else

That’s a unique skillset. Idk man who have it.

I don’t see desean in smith. Both guys rely on different things. I’d love for smith to be as productive though

Quote Originally Posted by C-ross12 View Post
    Yea something is probably going to happen there. If everyone stays edge is going to be heavily competitive at least. Perkins is a good player though.
    Local guy Greg Bedard suggested he (Perkins) could fit better as a Hightower type inside guy? Honestly, he's going to be gamely inactive unless he's a special teams beast so they'll be able to develop him however they want.

Either way, if he can play he'll find a role at some point. Rookie contracts are for 4 years. 2 years from now Van Noy will be a free agent and in his 30s. Winovich if he isn't moved like I suspect he might be will be a free agent and nothing so far indicates he would be re-signed. Uche might settle in at ILB v the edge. If Judon is a FA bust then after 2 years is when you can move on from his deal structure wise.

Even if it's not a year 1 or 2 impact, by the end of his 4 years rookie deal EDGE will likely flip from a strength like it is now to a need area that he can help fill. That's just life in the NFL with all the roster turnover and players aging. So if he can play then a role will be carved out for him, no doubt.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

If NFL GMs had a crystal ball and the draft swami appeared before them to say that they can draft a D-Jax clone or take their chances with someone else, I think most would take the D-Jax clone. That's a very, very good outcome if Smith develops into that level of player.

Patriots outlook heading into day 3...

QB - No real need here anymore. Not saying we have the answer but we have a full QB room to where taking reps away with another guy doesn't make sense.

RB - We have two power backs with no receiving chops (Harris, Michel) and a pure receiving back (White). JJ Taylore (UDFA from last year) is a guy they reportedly like to maybe grow into a Rex Burkhead type of player who can do a little receiving and power running, but not someone they'd likely count on ever really being a primary player. A developmental receiving back so they can move on from White next offseason wouldn't hurt nor would a true dual threat back to play every down, but the latter would be kind of an unexpected steal this late so hard to really "target".

WR - The door at this spot is definitely open the widest for a rookie contributor. Agholor is a weak #1. Meyers is a weak #2. Bourne is a weakish #3 (I do see upside though to be a "good" #3). Harry is #4 and is on his last shot before being out of the league. Playing time could definitely be earned here. All of our top 3 guys now are inside/outside guys so I think best fit would either be a pure outside guy or a dynamically quick slot guy.

TE - Not much value to be had picking here. We have two great starters and developmental youth behind them.

OT - The starters are set with Isiah Wynn and Trent Brown. BUT Brown is a FA after the year and Wynn has a 5th year option that is a no brainer on play but he literally never stays healthy. Behind them they have Justin Herron who showed flashes of good play as a rookie last year. It's possible they see Herron as on the developmental path to starting at RT in 2022, but at LT they at least need a great backup because of Wynn's injury history. If Wynn stays healthy and Herron progresses they might honestly have this position locked down for the future starter wise, but as of now it seems to be a long term need to find a starter and it absolutely is a need at least for depth. So this is another spot, along with WR, that you probably specifically look to fill assuming the board lines up for it.

Interior OL: We have three good starters in Michael Onwenu, David Andrews and Shaq Mason. Ted Karras is a good backup too. But Onwenu could end up moving back outside to RT like he played as a rookie this past year based on the breakdown above which would make starting LG a long term need. Andrews is older and really on a 2 year deal so a developmental backup would be ideal. Mason is a very good player on a very solid deal so I have a hard time seeing him moved but it would bring some cap savings that maybe they want to reinvest down the line. But that's only if there's a legit option behind him.

Interior DL - Depth chart is full for now after Barmore. If there's a guy they loved though you could roster him for sure. Godchaux and Henry Anderson signed 2 year deals and Lawrence Guy is old so unlikely to play out his full 4 year deal IMO. Ifr you love a guy here, especially as a nose tackle, it's not a bad pick since he'd likely be a primary contributor by year 3 if he's good. On day 3 you can't get greedy trying to get guys at specific positions you need now. Just take guys who can play even if it's down the line.

EDGE - Seems to be no need here either for starters or young depth. Very well stocked position.

ILB - They need a long term Hightower replacement but probably unrealistic to expect this late. They could use more depth here though some of their EDGEs can play here as well.

CB - We have very little depth at outside CB and both starters ar win contract years so this would be a spot to target for depth with starting upside. In the slot we have good depth but Jon Jones is unlikely to be on the team past this year IMO looking at his contract (unless he becomes the FS to replace McCourty, which he has started to play some more of in recent years). Myles Bryant could be another UDFA find for us as a slot though so maybe it's not a need.

Safety: We have a very well stocked SS position but FS lacks options behind McCourty. At least Man Cover 1 FS types. We have guys who can do it but will need a long term replacement to keep our same scheme going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    If NFL GMs had a crystal ball and the draft swami appeared before them to say that they can draft a D-Jax clone or take their chances with someone else, I think most would take the D-Jax clone. That's a very, very good outcome if Smith develops into that level of player.
    Yeah I guess that’d be a solid return. I just always thought he was overrated and always seemed nicked up. He played in 77% of the possible games in his career, even during his peak. Productive for sure though.

I know his body doesn’t suggest a beast but I’d rather Smith being more than what made Jackson successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    OC Landon Dickerson in the 2nd and DT Milton Williams in the 3rd are not popular picks for most Eagles fans.
    I like them. Dickerson especially, if he was drafted by the cowboys we would hear “potential all pro” assigned to him.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    I like them. Dickerson especially, if he was drafted by the cowboys we would hear “potential all pro” assigned to him.
    I like Landon but his track record of injuries scares me off. Who wouldn't say Creed Humphrey is just as capable without the injuries. The best part of that pick was Mike Golic representing it. Love the guy!

Quote Originally Posted by cattusmaru View Post
    I like Landon but his track record of injuries scares me off. Who wouldn't say Creed Humphrey is just as capable without the injuries. The best part of that pick was Mike Golic representing it. Love the guy!
    For sure, the injuries are scary, but man he’s a ****in beast

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    For sure, the injuries are scary, but man he’s a ****in beast
    On the plus side he's entering the NFL with two brand new ACLs!

On the plus side he's entering the NFL with two brand new ACLs!
    Swell

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast