Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    I'm always so confused about these moves... why are some european guys going through the NBA draft and others just get signed outright? So confusing to me

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I'm always so confused about these moves... why are some european guys going through the NBA draft and others just get signed outright? So confusing to me
    Might be wrong but I think if you're in Europe and once over age 22 you can negotiate contract...so if right with that than younger prospects go through draft process

Proud Knick the other side of the pond

Like this signing a lot.

Once we didn't use the cap space for a trade I love a move like this.

Ahead of the rest, fills a BIG need, low risk.

Proud Knick the other side of the pond

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I think he declared for the draft in 2017 and went undrafted.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

His high shot point from 3 is going to be so money in the NBA. He's going to be our starter IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    His high shot point from 3 is going to be so money in the NBA. He's going to be our starter IMO.
    as a replacement for Elfrid for 20 minutes. Or as a tandem with Rose like two first stringers taking turns ?

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    as a replacement for Elfrid for 20 minutes. Or as a tandem with Rose like two first stringers taking turns ?
    Replacement for Elfrid, I think the team likes Quick and Rose off the bench I Dont see that changing, although quick could become the starter and Vildoza could take quicks spot off the bench.

I think Vildoza as starter is most likely though.

Theres no other team that does what we do, Playing an inferior playing starting at PG when we have 2 better guys off the bench. Clearly they like having a big advantage with their bench. The difference in Bench points scored in almost all of our games is huge, I think They'll stick with rose and quick off the bench. Vildoza should be able to slide right into elfrid spot and offer a high level 3 pt shooter which is a greatly needed for our starters.

Replacement for Elfrid, I think the team likes Quick and Rose off the bench I Dont see that changing, although quick could become the starter and Vildoza could take quicks spot off the bench.

I think Vildoza as starter is most likely though.

Theres no other team that does what we do, Playing an inferior playing starting at PG when we have 2 better guys off the bench. Clearly they like having a big advantage with their bench. The difference in Bench points scored in almost all of our games is huge, I think They'll stick with rose and quick off the bench. Vildoza should be able to slide right into elfrid spot and offer a high level 3 pt shooter which is a greatly needed for our starters.
    So no Ball ? I think we may sign him but on our terms. I think we will draft a pg like Mann who is 6'5". Plus a center this draft. If we draft a guy like Duarte we are not keeping Burks and RB. If we draft a wing like Duarte we may not draft a center and keep Noel. Let's see what happens

So no Ball ? I think we may sign him but on our terms. I think we will draft a pg like Mann who is 6'5". Plus a center this draft. If we draft a guy like Duarte we are not keeping Burks and RB. If we draft a wing like Duarte we may not draft a center and keep Noel. Let's see what happens
    I'm not high on ball, I dont think he offers much, and the people who greatly overrate his positives greatly underrate his negatives.

If his cost is reasonable I'd be fine with it, but I currently think both Quick and Rose are much better than him, and Vildoza could very easy be as good if not better than him.

So a trade or a long term contract would be off the table for me. I'd go after Rozier all day over Lonzo.

Thumbs down

I'm not high on ball, I dont think he offers much, and the people who greatly overrate his positives greatly underrate his negatives.

If his cost is reasonable I'd be fine with it, but I currently think both Quick and Rose are much better than him, and Vildoza could very easy be as good if not better than him.

So a trade or a long term contract would be off the table for me. I'd go after Rozier all day over Lonzo.
    Ball would be a massive upgrade over Elf in this system.
    He would fit in nicely and wouldn't allow defenses to sag onto Randle and RJB. Ball would also improve the Knicks transition game by an order of magnitude just based off his great passing ability. On top of that he is a good defensive player who still has some upside.
    Sure Ball is no Dame or Kyrie but he would be a solid addition and the team as a whole should be significantly better.

D-Rose may be a better player than Lonzo but he can not sustain starter minutes for a whole season. Heck he can barely sustain bench minutes for a whole season.

IQ is far from being an adequate playmaker right now though if RJB and IQ become better playmakers this summer maybe between Randle, RJB and IQ they could play PG by committee.

Still, adding Lonzo gives you another playmaker to help Randle as well as a great passer in transition.

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    He would fit in nicely and wouldn't allow defenses to sag onto Randle and RJB. Ball would also improve the Knicks transition game by an order of magnitude just based off his great passing ability. On top of that he is a good defensive player who still has some upside.
    Sure Ball is no Dame or Kyrie but he would be a solid addition and the team as a whole should be significantly better.

D-Rose may be a better player than Lonzo but he can not sustain starter minutes for a whole season. Heck he can barely sustain bench minutes for a whole season.

IQ is far from being an adequate playmaker right now though if RJB and IQ become better playmakers this summer maybe between Randle, RJB and IQ they could play PG by committee.

Still, adding Lonzo gives you another playmaker to help Randle as well as a great passer in transition.
    I can see it. If we can't get him Vildoza is the back up plan so we are not desperate. Lonzo for twenty minutes, Rose for 28, Vildoza as insurance. Quickly and Barrett at the 2. RB and who ever else we get if we don't upgrade maybe keep Burks. Let's see then we trade for a upgrade

Is it 100% certain he doesnít play this year? Iím so sick of Payton Iíd rather give him 15 minutes and see what he can do
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Is it 100% certain he doesnít play this year? Iím so sick of Payton Iíd rather give him 15 minutes and see what he can do
    Light some candles, invoke the Angels, pray to your God, do good works, pay alms, and fast. Make it happen

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post

Ball can only get what's given to him, He has no ability to go on the take the way Quick or Rose does.

I dont want a pg who can get so easily shut down in the half court.

I can see it. If we can't get him Vildoza is the back up plan so we are not desperate. Lonzo for twenty minutes, Rose for 28, Vildoza as insurance. Quickly and Barrett at the 2. RB and who ever else we get if we don't upgrade maybe keep Burks. Let's see then we trade for a upgrade
    I would rather get the aussie guy Giddey in the draft. Let Vildoza take Payton's, spot for a few minutes a night but add another point forward to the mix.

I don't know what Ball would cost but I would rather go after a guy like Derozan and maybe draft another PF for with our other pick.

All our current guards can shoot. If we can add forwards that are good ball handlers we can be really hard to beat.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by callmeDro; 05-16-2021 at 08:09 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast