Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Luca Vildoza signed

6'2 "point guard from the ACB who can shoot. Prigioni was his idol. Hey that was surprise. Welcome Luka.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 04-29-2021 at 03:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    6'5" point guard from the ACB who can shoot. Prigioni was his idol. Hey that was surprise. Welcome Luka.
    i don't believe he's signed yet? but we have info in the trade thread and he looks impressive, but we shall see, maybe not going to hte NBA in the 2017 draft was a blessing and maybe we reap the rewards.

I'm not black, but I kind of liked our All black American roster, besides Frank.

Not to bring race into it or anything, it just felt like a real Knicks team that lol...

The little I've watched of him, kind of reminds me of Fornier.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    i don't believe he's signed yet? but we have info in the trade thread and he looks impressive, but we shall see, maybe not going to hte NBA in the 2017 draft was a blessing and maybe we reap the rewards.
    I like this front office. They got Pelle, now Vildoza. They are scouting and not going based on our threads for input. They got Burk and RB for cheap. Drafted Quickly. Drafted Obi, you'll see, great bench pieces. I really like their creativity. If Vildoza was in this draft where we he be if he was younger ? He is big and fundamentally sound and can shoot. I say if he is our future back up he came without using draft capital. If he works out that's draft assets that can be used for other deals.

I wonder if this has bigger implications than were realizing.

Teams typically bring over these Euro guys as relatively cheap (cap-wise) depth pieces, and if you hit on one of them, its huge. Think Campazzo with Denver, for example.

What Im getting at is - are we gearing up for a major trade this offseason? If so, well need cheap depth pieces with big upside and I think this guy qualifies as that (even if there is little chance of him panning out).

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    I'm not black, but I kind of liked our All black American roster, besides Frank.

Not to bring race into it or anything, it just felt like a real Knicks team that lol...
    honestly hadnt even noticed but you're right, goes to show you how little most ppl (except u apparently...lol) think about race. yet everything is made out to be a race issue these days.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    honestly hadnt even noticed but you're right, goes to show you how little most ppl (except u apparently...lol) think about race. yet everything is made out to be a race issue these days.
    Not everything is made out to be about race. Just the things that really are. I am not black. I am white. I am partially Puerto Rican but my Puerto Rican grand dad was of Galicean descent and he married a German. My mother is of English descent. But I have dark skinned Puerto Rican family. My wife is Greek and Puerto Rican and my wife is also white. Guess what we have never even been pulled over by police ever for anything or stopped or frisked. But our cousins and uncles and friends who are darker hispanics and black friends all have multiple times. We notice the difference. Just saying
    Last edited by flimflamman; 04-28-2021 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Not everything is made out to be about race. Just the things that really are.
    couldn't disagree any more strongly.

but this seems like a solid signing.

The little I've watched of him, kind of reminds me of Fornier.
    Fornier does not seem to have any similarity in what I have seen. You may be right I don't see the same style except both can shoot from deep. He has been called the best point guard in Europe. I will be surprised if he is signed to a ten day contract. He plays more like Rondo.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 04-28-2021 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    I wonder if this has bigger implications than were realizing.

Teams typically bring over these Euro guys as relatively cheap (cap-wise) depth pieces, and if you hit on one of them, its huge. Think Campazzo with Denver, for example.

What Im getting at is - are we gearing up for a major trade this offseason? If so, well need cheap depth pieces with big upside and I think this guy qualifies as that (even if there is little chance of him panning out).
    That is why I am excited. If we see he can be a rotation point off the bench that is a draft pick you don't need to use on a pg. Or a free agent you don't need to shop for as a back up at least. Then you have those future assets you can use elsewhere to get an elite wing or point. Now your picks can be packaged without reservation. Creative and inventive GM work. They have this end of the season and off-season to evaluate him.

You probably meant well but this was funny af

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    You probably meant well but this was funny af
    I mean, I've wanted to say it for while but I think Thibs clearly prefers the homeboys... lol

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I probably notice and think about race more than a lot of people for sure.

I dont think its a race issue type thing, I just think Thibs prefers athletic strong black American players style. It would make sense, with how his preferred play style is.

I mean, I've wanted to say it for while but I think Thibs clearly prefers the homeboys... lol
    So you saying a white unmarried man prefers the company of young brothas, ??? You ever seen the musical " Hair " if you haven't see it and you'll get my reference

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast