Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Yankees trade Tauchman

They picked up Wandy Peralta, a lefty reliever who sits mid-90's, and a PTBNL.

Interesting to see if this means they call of Florial soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Thatís the only way this trade makes any sense at all .

Passes on Jake McGee during the offseason for 2 million. Goes dumpster diving for Lucas Luetge for 500k, then trades Talkman and picks up another dumpster dive for 1 million. Luetge + Wandy - Talkman >> Jake McGee.

Yes but why do we always assume players want to sign with the team? I'm not disagreeing with you, just find it funny when people say, and assume, we could've signed X for Y dollars.

As far as Sockman, meh, odd trade considering they have 3 lefties already. Deal surplus for surplus ?odd, set back for Britton? Doesn't matter as long as Boobe , Trash and Shall not spend are running things.

Peralta had his best season in 2020 pitching to a 3.29 ERA over 25 relief outings with the Giants, and he was even better than his stats indicate. If you wipe out his worst outing ó five runs in no innings on Aug. 16 against Oakland ó he pitched to a 1.64 ERA in his other 24 games.
    From NJ sports

Quote Originally Posted by NYY09 View Post
    From NJ sports
    But they donít really need another reliever .

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Great trade for Sockman. He may get some playing time.
    I agree, it's a bit of an odd one. The Yankees needed another lefty out of the pen?

What concerns me is if Britton isn't as healthy as they said he is.

Ignorance is bliss

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post

I don't know They still have 4 OF and 5 if you include Stanton and if you put Wade on that list, 6.

I wonder if this is the first move of a couple. There has been some buzz (at least here) about the possibility of Frazier being moved in a deal for Castillo.

Ignorance is bliss

Trading Frazier means no back up for hicks since Gardner will play lf full time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I don't know They still have 4 OF and 5 if you include Stanton and if you put Wade on that list, 6.

I wonder if this is the first move of a couple. There has been some buzz (at least here) about the possibility of Frazier being moved in a deal for Castillo.
    From your lips to God's ear.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Thatís the only way this trade makes any sense at all .

\Why does it seem nothing they do makes sense to you? Obviously it makes sense to THEM.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by NYY09 View Post
    From NJ sports
    I think it's safe to say Wandy has had an incredibly mediocre career. This year fits his career pattern. Meanwhile, we have 3 outfielders batting under .200 and a center and right fielder who can't stay healthy. The yankees can't even use Stanton in an emergency because he's so fragile he could literally break if he plays the outfield. How does trading talkman for a mop up lefty help this team?

Mike Tauchmanís best moments in a Yankees uniform
    Letís have a look at the Sockmanís most memorable plays in pinstripes before he departs for San Francisco.

By Joe LoGrippo@joe_logrippo Apr 28, 2021, 3:00pm EDT

t was March of 2019 when the New York Yankees acquired Mike Tauchman from the Colorado Rockies in exchange for relief prospect Phillip Diehl. It looked like nothing more than a minor depth trade at the time, but Tauchman took advantage of his opportunity once he put on the pinstripes. In 87 games two seasons ago, he slashed .277/.361/.504 with a 128 wRC+ and 2.6 fWAR, all while showing off borderline-elite defensive numbers. He recorded 19 defensive runs saved and nine outs above average, which ranked him in the 94th percentile in all of baseball.

https://www.pinstripealley.com/2021/...-wandy-peralta

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    I think it's safe to say Wandy has had an incredibly mediocre career. This year fits his career pattern. Meanwhile, we have 3 outfielders batting under .200 and a center and right fielder who can't stay healthy. The yankees can't even use Stanton in an emergency because he's so fragile he could literally break if he plays the outfield. How does trading talkman for a mop up lefty help this team?
    It doesn't imo.

Hopefully he gets the PT in SF.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast