Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Experience.

Oh right. Experience (aka opinion based on empiricism). I know how experience means nothing here. You need graphs and charts and little cartoon figures.

But consider……

The War on Poverty (which I strongly supported at the time) has cost over $23 trillion (trillion with a "T") since LBJ started all these "helpful" programs. And we still have huge amounts of poverty (according to some over 50 million).

If you just take $23 trillion (trillion with a "T") and give it to the 53 million people in poverty ($400,000+ per person), you will still have poverty after a short period. Granted a little less, but great amounts of poverty nonetheless.

The point is is that we cannot spend our way out of poverty. Only the impoverished can get themselves out of poverty.. They need a real desire to do so. Politicians, the dems especially, use the poor (them again) as a tool to generate sympathetic votes. Show the stupid millennials photos of poor 'hoods and they're all on board. No problemo there. They'll vote dem forever…or until they start reading their pay stubs and wonder about all those little boxes.
    Ah, so what did trump do regarding the govt taking our money? Last I remember he blew $7 trillion on a stimulus because he doesnt understand that the flu is contagious.

Funny how wasted money is always an issue to you when it is used to help someone poor, but non issue to help someone rich.

The perfect cackling idiot.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Joe Biden wants to take your meat!

https://twitter.com/NickLutsko/statu...481253889?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Damn straight up plagiarism of Ron Swanson from Parks and Recs. He hid his bacon EVERYWHERE.

The hide your meat party select Ron Swanson for President. They came for Christmas and now your meat.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

also your flag, your country, the American way of life. And then after the left, there are caravans of drug dealers, rapists,s and malcontents marching towards our southern borders.. Then those Islamist terrorists, Iranians, Russians, and China Ooh my.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

I finally read the Orlando Sentinel article about how wokeness is killing the Disney World experience. One of the funniest things I've ever read. Definitely a trip down a rabbit hole!

What these right-wing clowns think "politics" is is so insane to me. So weird. Get a grip.

https://www.tampabay.com/opinion/202...rience-column/
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I finally read the Orlando Sentinel article about how wokeness is killing the Disney World experience. One of the funniest things I've ever read. Definitely a trip down a rabbit hole!

What these right-wing clowns think "politics" is is so insane to me. So weird. Get a grip.

What useless drivel. Just pure and unadulterated bull****.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    The hide your meat party select Ron Swanson for President. They came for Christmas and now your meat.
    I would vote for Nick Offerman for Prez.

Disney money owns a lot of FL power.

Republicans continue down the rabbit hole...

paranoia anyone can play. reminds of the old Chris Rock bit about the old blacks guys who see race everywhere. In pool why does the white ball got to sink all the colored balls etc. You just don't like stuff and are angry about it. I think the stuff that was cool when I was young and was better too Im just not a weird bitter ****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 05-02-2021 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

What is it that you find so "weird" in the column writer's views???

My family and I are loyal Disney fans and have been for years. We were season passholders before Covid and we even have a time share on their property. What Disney does better than any business or organization that I have ever seen is to provide an incredible level of customer service equally to people of all income brackets. And that level of customer service does not increase or decrease according to how much or how little you are spending. You can stay at one of their top hotels or one of their budget properties and be treated as if you own the place. You almost never hear the word "no" from any of their cast members and they are extremely polite, every where is spotlessly clean, and their facilities and restaurants are all top-notch.

There is also no negativity there (except for maybe Gay Days [which is not sponsored by Disney]). There is never any fighting, never anyone drunk, you don't see people making out or out of control. In short, it is an extremely family friendly place. I could relate a dozen positive stories we have encountered that you just do not see anywhere else. It's probably the only place where I would let my kids go off on their own when younger (fully grown now).

And it is not expensive……it is a lot of $$$ out of you pocket. Nop question about that. However, a lot of $$$ and expensive are not necessarily the same thing. The value there makes the pricing reasonable … especially for those looking to escape the headaches and pressures of life in general. To me, Applebees is expensive…lousy food and poor service.

Apparently now they are getting a bit more woke (whatever that means) which, according to the writer of the column, takes away from his view of the Disney experience. I completely understand his views and also am painfully aware as to why many here just don't get it. Different hairstyles and facial hair are now more acceptable as well as visible tattoos. Some people just lie to get away from all that and I guess it is getting harder to do.

To each us own. But to make fun of the columnist because you think he is overreacting to "woke" (whatever that means) policies at Disney seems a bit unfair.

…………

You want ridiculous overacting …… Apparently DisneyLand in CA just opened up a renovated Snow White ride. At the end of the ride the Prince is seen kissing a sleeping Snow White to awaken her from some spell. This, of course, brings out the outrage of two female San Francisco reporters……the Prince kisses the woman without her permission. Just imagine the message that act sends to little girls everywhere. So when you think not enough people are paying attention to all your silly little causes, situations like this are the reason why,

Applebee's is expensive and going to Disney World is not? Roger that. I hope you can recover quickly from seeing people with different hairstyles and facial hair at your safe place.

two reporters out of a crowd reaction to a kiss seared itself into your memory? or when later you read the paper. Sounds more like hyper-sensitivity to those with opposing views. I don't get upset if people don't like Madea.

Will Rogers

Like the two reporters, you totally miss the point (not uncommon here).

The point is that a couple of doofusses on a newspaper saw fit to see an issue where none exists and ruin the enjoyment for countless others.

The secondary point (again, which you missed [also not unusual here]) is that these same two doofusses like to come off as the fact that they are just oh so intelligent and understanding compared to all of the masses that it is their duty to educate us,

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    two reporters out of a crowd reaction to a kiss seared itself into your memory? or when later you read the paper. Sounds more like hyper-sensitivity to those with opposing views. I don't get upset if people don't like Madea.
    It's amazing how suddenly that they are exposed to something like that they want to suddenly cancel EVERYTHING.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123