Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    I can't remember where I saw it on twitter.

But Decades ago there was someone who threw a 5 inning no-hitter.

His team was leading after 5 innings, he hadn't given up a hit, and the game was called due to weather. But that game isn't counted as a no-hitter.

I think this is a no-hitter in the same way that game was or in the same way that a combined no-hitter is one.

It's not the same as what Tim Lincecum or Clayton Kershaw did. But it is a no-hitter. Just with an *
    https://www.mlb.com/news/no-hitters-...than-9-innings
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

The Andy Hawkins and Matt Young no-hitters are legitimate in my eyes because those games were played to their entirety. It was not their fault that the home team won and didn't bat in the bottom of the ninth. Besides, any road pitcher that pitches 8 innings in a losing effort always counts as a "CG" in his record. So therefore, their no-hitters should count too.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Thank you for this.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    The Andy Hawkins and Matt Young no-hitters are legitimate in my eyes because those games were played to their entirety. It was not their fault that the home team won and didn't bat in the bottom of the ninth. Besides, any road pitcher that pitches 8 innings in a losing effort always counts as a "CG" in his record. So therefore, their no-hitters should count too.
    True this.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Agree but could also understand why they wouldn’t. Don’t see why CG would count but no hitter since it technically wasn’t an entire game completed.

Bum technically competed the entire game. The fact MLB changed the official amount of innings in DH to 7 shouldn’t change the fact he completed the game without any cancelation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12