Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    You could roll a ball to the plate and Hicks would swing at it.

Dude needs to figure it out and fast! He makes too much money now....
    How about if they put it on a tee? I agree he looks lost, along with a few others...Torres, Stanton.

Would a cut in pay have any effect? Would that instill hunger, heart and desire? Asking for a friend.

I will admit rooks leave it all on the field.

That diving catch by Frazier impressed.
    Last edited by drt1010; 04-22-2021 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    I have an opinion, I'm not taking sides on just for the record.

Last year, Aaron Hicks and Stanton took a knee during the national anthem.

There was speculation that some Yankees players were not happy that they did that and there was a huge argument in the club house that took place about it.

Since that incident the Yankees are bearly playing .500 baseball.

I'm not saying this is in fact true, there is a lot of speculation and I have zero factual proof that this event took place.

But in my eyes, it does kinda line up. Yankees haven't been the same team since.

Take it as you will, it is only my opinion and I do not want this to turn into a fight on which side you stand on when it comes to this particular situation.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    There's no question that hicks and Stanton have shown the most sensitivity to the social justice issues and Hicks even asked for a day off on the day of the recent Minnesota shooting. I'm hopeful that this verdict would provide some encouragement and relief to them both and all others that felt the weight of the issue dragging them down personally.

NY Yankees - 3B Gio Urshela (back) is questionable tonight versus Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    There's no question that hicks and Stanton have shown the most sensitivity to the social justice issues and Hicks even asked for a day off on the day of the recent Minnesota shooting. I'm hopeful that this verdict would provide some encouragement and relief to them both and all others that felt the weight of the issue dragging them down personally.
    If it is dragging them down so much then they should walk away from the team for awhile and use their financial riches to help support their cause . Instead of letting it drag down the team’s play as it has.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Leo had mentioned one of his guys had suggested a clubhouse rift between Voit guys and Stanton guys.
    I believe it also had to do with guys taking off days an not playing all out, all the time.
    I certainly think guys from those groups could fit into what you described above and it could add to the rift.

I don't know that what you cite is the primary reason for the poor play but I think it could be a reason the clubhouse split and why Boone has lost control of it and that could certainly be a big factor.

I really wonder what happens when Voit comes back. If he comes back and guys are charged? It will say a great deal about who the team leader is. Right now, they lack any leadership from any aspect of the organization.
    My opinion is that since the kneeling took place, this team does not have that cohesive look.

It is certainly a polarizing issue that I have even seen create a rift even between life long friends.

Going back to the start of last year, I have not seen the same cohesive unit that I did before that.

Now I'm not attempting to say it is the sole reason, but it is becoming clear that this team is just not together right now as a unit.

Since that, the team is 1 game above .500, a team that with the same core, was playing much better before.

I'm truly beginning to think it did play a part in it. I also think Boone is not equipped to help mend any fences between teammates, regardless of what caused the rift in the first place.

Also you are correct, that is certainly something Leo has spoken about. Leo may say some crazy things and there is certainly stuff that I don't even agree with to this day on our off site daily conversations, but he seems to have some insider info from somewhere. He even spoke about Cano being a juicer, well before he was popped for being one, amongst other things

Last edited by OhSoSlick; 04-22-2021 at 04:59 PM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

I'm a Yankee fan and want to see them succeed but looking at Boone's lineup makes me feel like this reeks of desperation! This is the 4th year with Stanton, you'd think by now Cashman would've realized batting a .233 career hitter (Hicks) 3rd was/is not gonna cut it. Now all of sudden Boone wants to put more lefty bats in the lineup? This is not Boone's fault tho, Cashman has failed to deliver an above average LH batter...not to mention a solid #2 SP.

That said, I still hope this lineup works out and we win today lol

They certainly have their right and a reason to feel sensitive to these situations.

I do not feel like their heart is currently in the game though. They just don't mentally seem in the game anymore.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Yankees offensive ranks this season:

Runs: 59 (28th)
    HR: 17 (26th)
    BA: .205 (29th)
    OBP: .296 (24th)
    SLG: .334 (30th)
    OPS: .630 (30th)
    wRC+: 83 (28th)

This would definitely explain some things.

Silver lining here could be that this forces Cash's hand to not only get a proven manager but maybe to trade Stanton too. Don't mind saying by to Gleyber either for a Castillo.

Either way, what a waste of a talented roster / year.

Also, sorry Gerritt....

Aaron Boone just said this when Evan asked him why King didn't start last week: "We knew we had bulk with King, and we felt that because he had settled in as a reliever, we felt better about him coming in behind a reliever. If he struggled early, we didn’t have bulk behind him."

This is one of the worst explanations ever. The decision makers on this team, are horrendous.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    My opinion is that since the kneeling took place, this team does not have that cohesive look.

It is certainly a polarizing issue that I have even seen create a rift even between life long friends.

Going back to the start of last year, I have not seen the same cohesive unit that I did before that.

Now I'm not attempting to say it is the sole reason, but it is becoming clear that this team is just not together right now as a unit.

Since that, the team is 1 game above .500, a team that with the same core, was playing much better before.

I'm truly beginning to think it did play a part in it. I also think Boone is not equipped to help mend any fences between teammates, regardless of what caused the rift in the first place.

Also you are correct, that is certainly something Leo has spoken about. Leo may say some crazy things and there is certainly stuff that I don't even agree with to this day on our off site daily conversations, but he seems to have some insider info from somewhere. He even spoke about Cano being a juicer, well before he was popped for being one, amongst other things

It is extremely polarizing. My feeling is if you can have a guy like Britton comment on German, disagree with him and still be willing to be his teammate and keep that separate, I would like to think that could be the case with all differences. It appears that is not the case.

There is, very little regarding baseball, with which I disagree with Leo. I trusted his sources and often agreed with concepts others posed aside.

This is certainly a case where I fully agreed.

Ignorance is bliss

Aaron Boone just said this when Evan asked him why King didn't start last week: "We knew we had bulk with King, and we felt that because he had settled in as a reliever, we felt better about him coming in behind a reliever. If he struggled early, we didn’t have bulk behind him."

This is one of the worst explanations ever. The decision makers on this team, are horrendous.

Duhh, him is used to painting lots of small walls, so uhhhh we don't want him painting just one big one.

Ignorance is bliss

I fully respect your comment and I take zero issue with it.
    I just hope you are wrong about it dragging them down. Because if they are dragged down by this, OhSoSlick is correct, their hearts are not in the game or with the team.
    They should be able to separate it. That's what pros do.

I hope they are both just off to very slow starts.

Ignorance is bliss

DJ looks so lost, guess its not a contract year
    [IMG][/IMG]

Guess this is what happens with a players manager and team that didn't get over the hump ....

And I use the term manager lightly

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast