Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Yankees @ Cleveland

Thu, Apr 22 • 6:10 PM EDT
    At Progressive Field
    TV: YES, Bally Sports Great Lakes, MLBN (out-of-market only)
    Yankees

Domingo German
    RHP
    0-2, 9.00 ERA, 7 SO
    Germán will be recalled from the alternate training site, having been demoted after permitting four runs and eight hits in four innings against the Rays on April 10. Germán said he is hoping to improve his fastball command this time out.

VS

Clevland
    Aaron Civale
    RHP
    3-0, 2.18 ERA, 16 SO
    Civale will look to secure his fourth win of the season. Last time out, he permitted just one run on five hits with four strikeouts and two walks in six innings against the White Sox on April 15, throwing a season-high 99 pitches.

Fri, Apr 23 • 7:10 PM EDT
    At Progressive Field
    TV: WPIX, Bally Sports Great Lakes

Yankees
    Jordan Montgomery
    LHP
    1-1, 4.24 ERA, 18 SO
    Montgomery is coming off a loss to the Rays in which he permitted four runs on just two hits -- both homers. Montgomery has continued to limit hard contact this year, holding opponents to a 30.2% hard-hit rate

vs

Cleveland
    Logan Allen
    LHP
    1-2, 4.50 ERA, 10 SO
    In his first two starts, Allen was shaky in his first two innings, but settled in as his outing went along. But his last time out, the opposite happened, as he cruised through the first two frames, but gave up five runs without recording an out in the third against the Reds on Friday.

Sat, Apr 24 • 6:10 PM EDT
    At Progressive Field
    TV: YES, Bally Sports Great Lakes

Yankees
    Gerrit Cole
    RHP
    2-1, 1.82 ERA, 39 SO
    Cole enters this matchup of aces having made Yankees history through his first four starts. The righty is the only Yankees pitcher to tally 39 or more strikeouts with three or fewer walks through any four-start span.

VS

Shane Bieber

Sun, Apr 25 • 1:10 PM EDT
    At Progressive Field

Yanks
    TBD

VS

Cleveland
    Triston McKenzie
    RHP
    0-0, 3.55 ERA, 18 SO

Wow the cole vs Bieber game might be a classic one . That being said I predict a split.
    Last edited by Posada20; 04-21-2021 at 10:06 PM.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    I have an opinion, I'm not taking sides on just for the record.

Last year, Aaron Hicks and Stanton took a knee during the national anthem.

There was speculation that some Yankees players were not happy that they did that and there was a huge argument in the club house that took place about it.

Since that incident the Yankees are bearly playing .500 baseball.

I'm not saying this is in fact true, there is a lot of speculation and I have zero factual proof that this event took place.

But in my eyes, it does kinda line up. Yankees haven't been the same team since.

Take it as you will, it is only my opinion and I do not want this to turn into a fight on which side you stand on when it comes to this particular situation.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post

There was speculation that some Yankees players were not happy that they did that and there was a huge argument in the club house that took place about it.

I'm not saying this is in fact true, there is a lot of speculation and I have zero factual proof that this event took place.

But in my eyes, it does kinda line up. Yankees haven't been the same team since.

Take it as you will, it is only my opinion and I do not want this to turn into a fight on which side you stand on when it comes to this particular situation.

All I am gonna say about that is that it goes back to what I said about 4 guys in the line up acting and playing like they don’t care . But 2 of those players are hicks and Stanton . It is just plainly obvious that they don’t care . I don’t know why they don’t care but those two don’t .
    Last edited by Posada20; 04-22-2021 at 02:11 AM.

Yea, thst has caused the offense to dry up like an empty lake bed in Death Valley.
    Soundgarden
    1. Fell on Black Days( Cornell with vocal perfection)
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

Boone is good for keeping the ship steady but when things go bad he is too patient.

I’d would have already benched Torres, Frazier, Sanchez and Hicks to rot a week ago.
    Soundgarden
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Thu, Apr 22 • 6:10 PM EDT
    At Progressive Field
    Yankees

Domingo German
    RHP
    0-2, 9.00 ERA, 7 SO
    Germán will be recalled from the alternate training site, having been demoted after permitting four runs and eight hits in four innings against the Rays on April 10. Germán said he is hoping to improve his fastball command this time out.

VS

Clevland
    Aaron Civale
    RHP
    3-0, 2.18 ERA, 16 SO
    Civale will look to secure his fourth win of the season. Last time out, he permitted just one run on five hits with four strikeouts and two walks in six innings against the White Sox on April 15, throwing a season-high 99 pitches.

Fri, Apr 23 • 7:10 PM EDT
    At Progressive Field
    TV: WPIX, Bally Sports Great Lakes

Yankees
    Jordan Montgomery
    LHP
    1-1, 4.24 ERA, 18 SO
    Montgomery is coming off a loss to the Rays in which he permitted four runs on just two hits -- both homers. Montgomery has continued to limit hard contact this year, holding opponents to a 30.2% hard-hit rate

vs

Cleveland
    Logan Allen
    LHP
    1-2, 4.50 ERA, 10 SO
    In his first two starts, Allen was shaky in his first two innings, but settled in as his outing went along. But his last time out, the opposite happened, as he cruised through the first two frames, but gave up five runs without recording an out in the third against the Reds on Friday.

Sat, Apr 24 • 6:10 PM EDT
    At Progressive Field
    TV: YES, Bally Sports Great Lakes

Yankees
    Gerrit Cole
    RHP
    2-1, 1.82 ERA, 39 SO
    Cole enters this matchup of aces having made Yankees history through his first four starts. The righty is the only Yankees pitcher to tally 39 or more strikeouts with three or fewer walks through any four-start span.

VS

Shane Bieber

Sun, Apr 25 • 1:10 PM EDT
    At Progressive Field

Yanks
    TBD

VS

Cleveland
    Triston McKenzie
    RHP
    0-0, 3.55 ERA, 18 SO

They sent down German why not Frazier, Sanchez and Torres?
    Soundgarden
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Yea, thst has caused the offense to dry up like an empty lake bed in Death Valley.
    The fact that they don’t care is a likely cause to the lack of offense . Just think about it , Stanton and hicks already got their big contracts , and Sanchez is convinced he will get his no matter how bad he plays since he is still there as their number 1 catcher . I mean the yanks gave him a 2 mill or so raise despite how bad he was last season and his benching in the playoffs . So yeah I can definitely believe that they don’t care .
    Last edited by Posada20; 04-22-2021 at 06:01 AM.

Just spitballing here but how about batting Judge leadoff, DJ 2nd and Stanton 3rd. Why not have your best contact hitter in between your sluggers? Since obviously, we don't have a LH bat good enough (that's on you Cashman) to be placed in between them and DJ is a different hitter than those two behemoths. Gleyber can bat cleanup or 5th when Voit comes back. If they still suck so be it, at least we go down with our best hitters getting the most ABs. Nevermind trying to stick Hicks or any of our other LH bats in the 3 hole, none of them belong hitting so high in the order.

Ohh and try Stanton in the outfield and stop giving him days off, he'll have his rest days when he gets injured again. Stop babying him, he's a grown man and still in his prime. Stanton in the outfield can give Sanchez more time at DH...the less time Sanchez has to catch is overall better for our defense.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

Leo had mentioned one of his guys had suggested a clubhouse rift between Voit guys and Stanton guys.
    I believe it also had to do with guys taking off days an not playing all out, all the time.
    I certainly think guys from those groups could fit into what you described above and it could add to the rift.

I don't know that what you cite is the primary reason for the poor play but I think it could be a reason the clubhouse split and why Boone has lost control of it and that could certainly be a big factor.

I really wonder what happens when Voit comes back. If he comes back and guys are charged? It will say a great deal about who the team leader is. Right now, they lack any leadership from any aspect of the organization.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by 808yankee View Post
    Just spitballing here but how about batting Judge leadoff, DJ 2nd and Stanton 3rd. Why not have your best contact hitter in between your sluggers? Since obviously, we don't have a LH bat good enough (that's on you Cashman) to be placed in between them and DJ is a different hitter than those two behemoths. Gleyber can bat cleanup or 5th when Voit comes back. If they still suck so be it, at least we go down with our best hitters getting the most ABs. Nevermind trying to stick Hicks or any of our other LH bats in the 3 hole, none of them belong hitting so high in the order.

Ohh and try Stanton in the outfield and stop giving him days off, he'll have his rest days when he gets injured again. Stop babying him, he's a grown man and still in his prime. Stanton in the outfield can give Sanchez more time at DH...the less time Sanchez has to catch is overall better for our defense.
    I love the idea of DJ 2nd. I wish they had gone out and secured another really good contact hitter who can run to be leadoff. I would actually try Garnder, Talklman, Frazier (as bad as he's been) batting second behind DJ and move judge to 3rd and Stanton to 5th.

DJ
    Gardner/Talkman/Frazier
    Judge

After that, it doesn't really matter because no one has earned a lineup spot

Ignorance is bliss

Monty's game and Cole's games should be fun to watch.

I think German will get shelled. I think they will be lucky to get 3 solid out of him.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Leo had mentioned one of his guys had suggested a clubhouse rift between Voit guys and Stanton guys.
    I believe it also had to do with guys taking off days an not playing all out, all the time.
    I certainly think guys from those groups could fit into what you described above and it could add to the rift.

I don't know that what you cite is the primary reason for the poor play but I think it could be a reason the clubhouse split and why Boone has lost control of it and that could certainly be a big factor.

I really wonder what happens when Voit comes back. If he comes back and guys are charged? It will say a great deal about who the team leader is. Right now, they lack any leadership from any aspect of the organization.

What is funny is that the New York fishwrap writers never mention this and they know more than anybody.
    Soundgarden
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

You could roll a ball to the plate and Hicks would swing at it.

Dude needs to figure it out and fast! He makes too much money now....
    Soundgarden
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    What is funny is that the New York fishwrap writers never mention this and they know more than anybody.
    The general issue of Stanton and Hicks taking a knee got plenty of ink, probably more than it warranted.

If you are suggesting closed door or private conversation be made public, that is the kiss of death in sports media. You would be shunned by players and coaches. When and if players talk "off the record" there is an implicit assumption that info is private and privileged and will NEVER appear in print.

Investigative journalism is a very different ball game, it's more about fact finding and uncovering the story. A much more singular focus on a given or specific topic.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast