Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Regular season Curry is easily one of the best players ever and I'll go TO WAR with anyone here who suggests otherwise.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Kawhi is so overrated imo.

He was the third leading scorer when he won his first finals mvp, and his second was pure luck with KD and Klay going down.

He shouldnt sniff the top 15 or so without getting a single regular season MVP
    This for me thinking, who is the highest ranked player of all-time who doesnít have a regular season MVP?

Is it Jerry West? Who is next highest? Seems like you have to go a ways to find one.

Tier 1:
    MJ / Bron / KAJ

Tier 2:
    Kobe / Duncan / Magic / Bird / Russell

Tier 3:
    Wilt / Shaq / Curry / Hakeem / Oscar

I feel comfortable putting him around 11-12.

My Tier 4:
    KG / Barkley / Malone / Durant / Dirk / D-Rob / Elgin

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Kawhi is so overrated imo.

He was the third leading scorer when he won his first finals mvp, and his second was pure luck with KD and Klay going down.

He shouldnt sniff the top 15 or so without getting a single regular season MVP

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Injuries are part of the game. If youíre going to discredit that ship then you would have to discredit a bunch of teams who have won historically.

Did you watch the 76ers series or the Bucks in that ship run? Kawhi was in beast mode.

Also remember when ZaZa intentionally injured Kawhi when the Spurs were handling the Warriors? Golden State wasnít getting passed the Spurs that year if Kawhi wasnít taken out.

Iím just saying that argument can be made for so many teams in so many different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Tier 1:
    MJ / Bron / KAJ

Tier 2:

Tier 3:

My Tier 4:

ooof. One of the cringiest tiering I've seen in a while. What are you parameters for this? What's the measuring stick - career accolades + team success? Or is this in terms of how much better a player makes their team?

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    Jeez it's almost as if you'll have to watch and analyze the games yourself instead of relying on media awards and narratives to decide for you
    Lulz

ooof. One of the cringiest tiering I've seen in a while. What are you parameters for this? What's the measuring stick - career accolades + team success? Or is this in terms of how much better a player makes their team?
    That.

Kristaps Porzingis

Jeez it's almost as if you'll have to watch and analyze the games yourself instead of relying on media awards and narratives to decide for you
    after we had our little discussion about this, I tend to agree with you. I dont even think Nash was the best player in his two mvp seasons. I dont think Curry was deserving of his first MVP either. There were other players I personally would have took over those two in at least one of their mvp seasons. Just using them as an example.

Yeah let me just go watch 5 decades of basketball, lol very realistic.

No one on this forum has did that, and I can say that with confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Are Iggy, Cedric Maxwell, Jo Jo White and Chauncey Billups better all-time players than Barkley, Malone, Nash, Giannis, Harden and Curry? Finals MVP requires you to play on a great team and to play great for a single series. MVP requires you to be the best player in the league for an entire 82-game season.

I definitely think the Finals MVP holds weight, but not nearly as much as a regular season MVP. Overall postseason performance should be a greater factor. Some guys perform well in the playoffs and still don't win titles or Finals MVPs.
    By the way, nice job cherry picking names and coincidentally excluding Kawhi, Wade, Paul Pierce, and Tony Parker lol

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    after we had our little discussion about this, I tend to agree with you. I dont even think Nash was the best player in his two mvp seasons. I dont think Curry was deserving of his first MVP either. There were other players I personally would have took over those two in at least one of their mvp seasons. Just using them as an example.
    Curry wrecked the league during both MVPs. You can make a case Nash should only have 1 but Curry earned both.

Kristaps Porzingis

Tier 1:
    MJ / Bron / KAJ

Tier 2:

Tier 3:

My Tier 4:
    You and I have disagreed about Kobe for years, but never more so than in this post. Kobe Bryant is a tier above Shaq and Wilt? On what planet is that true? C'mon, KOB...

My take on a similar tier structure for the top 25ish guys (in no particular order):

Tier 1:
    MJ / Lebron

Tier 2:
    Kareem / Shaq / Wilt / Duncan / Hakeem / Magic / Bird / Russell

Tier 3:
    Kobe / Moses / Oscar / Durant / Curry / Dr. J / West

Tier 4:
    Robinson / Wade / KG / Dirk / Barkley / Malone / CP3 / Harden / Stockton / Pippen

Curry wrecked the league during both MVPs. You can make a case Nash should only have 1 but Curry earned both.
    I dunno if 23-7-4 is considered wrecking the league tbh

if we're doing tiering based on how much a player elevated their team during their prime (relative to era) it should realistically look like:

Tier 1:
    MJ/LeBron/Kareem/Russell

Tier 2:
    Shaq/Hakeem/Magic/Duncan/Bird/Wilt/KG

Tier 3:
    West/Oscar/D Rob/Steph (after this season)

Tier 4:
    Kobe/Nash/Dirk/Wade/CP3/Barkley/K. Malone/KD/Moses/Erving

Could honestly make a decent argument for Rick Barry as a tier 4 guy as well but I'll leave it be.

If you disagree with the Kobe placement please break down in detail your valuation of his defense after 2003. Citing All Defense awards isn't a valuation fyi

05-06 mvp belonged to Kobe.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast