Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I got like two lists in and was already disgusted. Westbrook does not belong in a "top" anything list unless it's a list of worst contracts in the league. The fact that people actually had him ahead of guys like CP3 and Simmons is mind blowing to me.

I have made little effort to come up with a list of point guards, but I can assure you I could find 10 point guards I'd rather have on my team than Westbrook.
    Just ask Westbrook, he's the best there's ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    yea why would a pg that puts up 16/8/8 with defensive player of the year defense be in the top 5 let alone top 10... My god the horror. I am not even a simmons fan but he is def a top 5-10 pg
    Idk. I don’t see Kyle Lowry or Mike Conley on the list. Do you think it is outrageous to think those guys might be better PGs then Simmons? If not why are you equally outraged by them being left off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Simmons can’t shoot so therefor he’s not on the list!
    Last edited by GiantsSwaGG; 04-27-2021 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    Simmons can’t shoot so therefor heads not on the list!
    It's an important skill

1. Curry
    2. Dame
    3. Kyrie
    4. CP3
    5. Simmons
    6. Trae Young
    7. Ja Morant
    8. Westbrook
    9. Fox
    10. SGA

I always meant to come back to this, but never did. Assuming we're eliminating players who run offenses, but are traditionally labeled by other positions because of size (Harden, Lebron, Doncic), my list probably looks something like this:

1. Stephen Curry
    2. Damian Lillard
    3. Kyrie Irving
    4. Chris Paul
    5. Trae Young
    6. Ben Simmons
    7. Kyle Lowry
    8. Jamal Murray
    9. Jrue Holiday
    10. Mike Conley

I'm leaving off some of the young guys like Fox and Morant here and giving the vets the benefit of the doubt. If you work in guys like Luka, Lebron and Harden, my 1-5 would be Lebron, Curry, Harden, Luka and Dame with 8-10 getting knocked off the list.

Not including guys like LeBron, Luka, and Harden even if they're possession/usage monsters. Just guys listed as PGs:

1) Steph
    2) Dame
    3) CP3
    4) Kyrie
    5) Trae
    6) Conley
    7) Lowry
    8) Murray
    9) Simmons
    10) Jrue

But again this also depends on who else I have on my team. Steph is clearly the best.

Dame, Trae, and Kyrie are all incredible offensively, but they're sieves on defense (albeit Kyrie can turn it on when he cares), so maybe he should be #3.

If I have a ball dominant big or ball dominant wing that can score, then I'd take CP3 arguably over anyone aside from Steph. But if I need a #1 option, then Dame, Trae, and Kyrie obviously come before him.

Conley far too low on some of these lists. Playing at an all-NBA level defensively. Maybe his best playmaking year, uber efficient. Another guy who I wouldn't take many players over if I already had the ball dominant scorer. Fits like a glove.

Luka has a bigger impact as a PG than Curry in terms of usage and total points added for his team.

so again and this is where i call in logic... people are putting cp3 over ben. Cp3 and ben are putting up similar offensive seasons in a year where ben is having a down season but blows him out of the water defensively and might win dpoy and yet cp3 is ahead of him? my god i am arguing for ben simmons

so again and this is where i call in logic... people are putting cp3 over ben. Cp3 and ben are putting up similar offensive seasons in a year where ben is having a down season but blows him out of the water defensively and might win dpoy and yet cp3 is ahead of him? my god i am arguing for ben simmons
    Except they're not having similar offensive seasons. Paul is a dramatically better offensive player who's better at literally everything on offense aside from just general athleticism. Paul's offensive numbers and overall advanced stats blow Simmons out of the water.

On top of that, we already know Simmons' lack of scoring versatility and shot making is a liability in clutch moments and the postseason. But CP3 thrives in the clutch and can take over scoring for stretches in big games, just like he did last night.

And while Simmons is the superior, more versatile defender, that's not enough to overcome Paul's offensive and big game superiority. Especially given that Paul is still a damn good defensive player.

If you were a GM and you had to win a playoff series tomorrow and had the choice between these two, you're taking CP3.

lmao CP3's offense is on a totally different tier than Ben's. I already explained why Ben's offense isn't super additive but I'm sure you went into a coma once you saw someone talking about anything beyond traditional ESPN slash lines.

Stops acting like you aren’t a Simmon’s homer

Simmons not shooting is a negative and it cost Philly in the past. Especially in the playoffs. Now with that said

Curry has covered that for Simmons already. “All” Curry does is shoot 3’s. Curry covers Simmons shooting and Simmons covers all of Curry’s weaknesses. That backcourt has been playing efficient basketball. They also add more shooting with Green and Hill. Simmons not shooting shouldn’t be a issue now that the Sixers have a overload on shooting.

I don’t think making Simmons shot is how to beat the Sixers. Simmons ability to guard KD, Irving or Harden at the PG position is a unicorn ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    Simmons not shooting is a negative and it cost Philly in the past. Especially in the playoffs. Now with that said

Curry has covered that for Simmons already. “All” Curry does is shoot 3’s. Curry covers Simmons shooting and Simmons covers all of Curry’s weaknesses. That backcourt has been playing efficient basketball. They also add more shooting with Green and Hill. Simmons not shooting shouldn’t be a issue now that the Sixers have a overload on shooting.

I don’t think making Simmons shot is how to beat the Sixers. Simmons ability to guard KD, Irving or Harden at the PG position is a unicorn ability.
    His length and lateral quickness make him as good a match up for KD as there is. I think there are guys that are as good or better a one on one match up on the other two.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234