Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Actually, Kingís plan all along was to incite violence by being nonviolent ó an effective strategy that would not have worked nearly as well, if at all, had there had not been significant pushback on the part of the largely white community (and, equally important, if the media, for whatever reason, had not been there to document it).

Kingís strategy worked up to a point, but it is incorrect to attribute all of the changes to his movement alone because there was also a great deal of violent protest operating at the same time, which had an effect as well.

Violence is regrettable, but by the same token also can be a catalyst for change. Many important social changes in the US have been accompanied by violence: the civil war, the achieving of manifest destiny, the fight for unionization, the anti-war/anti-nuke efforts, even the environmental movement.
    Good post as usual. I don't think it was the plan to incite violent pushback but expected in the Jim Crow era. Much like the violent counter against BLM. Instead of rallies with burning cross and hoods, it's guns, army gear, and the idea that is ok to ram your car through a demonstration.
    Last edited by WES445; 04-22-2021 at 01:49 PM.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    I'm not sure i understand the framing of your question, but yes I'm glad he was found guilty.
    Meaning are you happy with the verdict within the overall context of systemic racism? The thing fueling all media perspectives on this right now. Not sure how else to frame it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Is the SocJu movement trying to execute a succession from the Govt and found its own country? It's not NECESSARY to use violence to achieve your aims though. MLK was successful BECAUSE they didn't use violence, not inspite of it.
    Mlk was successful because he had the nation of islam next to him to scare the **** out the status quo..

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Actually, Kingís plan all along was to incite violence by being nonviolent ó an effective strategy that would not have worked nearly as well, if at all, had there had not been significant pushback on the part of the largely white community (and, equally important, if the media, for whatever reason, had not been there to document it).

Kingís strategy worked up to a point, but it is incorrect to attribute all of the changes to his movement alone because there was also a great deal of violent protest operating at the same time, which had an effect as well.

Violence is regrettable, but by the same token also can be a catalyst for change. Many important social changes in the US have been accompanied by violence: the civil war, the achieving of manifest destiny, the fight for unionization, the anti-war/anti-nuke efforts, even the environmental movement.
    Just imagine if Derek Chauvin hadn't been filmed for the entire 9 minutes and 29 seconds...he would have been found innocent. I'd bet my last dollar on that.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

It really is ok to speak your mind without needing it to justify your political beliefs . In other words whatís worse to riot in order to steal a TV or to Riot to steal our Democracy . If you watched the trial you know he was guilty . Doesnít matter what politician you support . The Scumbags in Washington have tried so hard to brain wash all of you to this extent for a very long time . Always failed . Until now . They love this . I can predict every single one of my friends stance on this trial or anything else based strictly on who they voted for in this election . **** that . Iím no robot , Iím not a pawn Iím a free thinking individual. Iíll die before I conform to any of that nonsense .

o k a y

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    MLK, like Gandhi, is very rare when it comes to leaders. Plus, he did push for non-violence, but the movement suffered from bloody Selma, local leaders being killed, freedom riders murder, church bombing, one killing five little girls. So even though he pushed for non-violence, the movement was marked by violence, which MLK was blamed for by conservative politicians. Calling him a social agitator. Revving up unrest among our good negro. Not so weird if you consider what is going on right now, with the right-wing attacking BLM's protest instead of focusing on their issues. Their leaders get blamed for riots that are sparked by malcontents and thugs.

With all of this, I can't think of any leaders who were capable of maintaining peace among their membership, like MLK and Gandhi, through ordeals like this. They are rare.
    The violence you're describing is violence AGAINST activists, that's not an argument FOR activists to create violence, and non-violent protests are SIGNIFICANTLY more likely to succeed.

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/sto...itical-change/

There is ton's of research on this subject.

You don't think Biden can do that? Didn't he run on restoring the soul of the nation?

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    You need to really read about the repressive method that was used to try to suppress those movements. Just policing alone would make our police problems golden. We are basically talking about colonial rules in India and to some extent S. Africa as well.

Really dude, your knowledge of history is lacking in this area.
    What I'm saying is that it's not neccasary for ACTIVISTS to engage in violence.
    Think about how much tougher it is to go against colonial rule than what this movement is trying to accomplish which is Criminal Justice Reform.
    CJR has something like 90% approval. Pat Robertson spoke out against Derek Chauvin. Why is violence necessary when you have this kind of support?

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Meaning are you happy with the verdict within the overall context of systemic racism? The thing fueling all media perspectives on this right now. Not sure how else to frame it.

I think the verdict shows that the idea that the country is hopelessly racist or that police are always unaccountable etc, etc, etc isn't true.
    In that sense, I'm glad he was found guilty, because anyone who ACTUALLY wanted justice, in this case, would be satisfied, and the ones who are angry about his guilty verdict (that claimed to want this) are exposed as the frauds and hucksters that they are.
    I think there is a (small) portion of the left that was hoping he would be found innocent so they could use it as an excuse to engage in violence or use it as an example of why, !LA REVOLUCION! is necessary, and the guilty verdict undercuts basically all of that.

So from that CULTURAL perspective yes, I'm glad he was found guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Mlk was successful because he had the nation of islam next to him to scare the **** out the status quo..

He was successful because the media was there to broadcast the inhumanity of the Jim Crow era.

The violence you're describing is violence AGAINST activists, that's not an argument FOR activists to create violence, and non-violent protests are SIGNIFICANTLY more likely to succeed.

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/sto...itical-change/

There is ton's of research on this subject.

You don't think Biden can do that? Didn't he run on restoring the soul of the nation?

What I'm saying is that it's not neccasary for ACTIVISTS to engage in violence.
    Think about how much tougher it is to go against colonial rule than what this movement is trying to accomplish which is Criminal Justice Reform.
    CJR has something like 90% approval. Pat Robertson spoke out against Derek Chauvin. Why is violence necessary when you have this kind of support?
    And nowhere did I said that activists have to commit violence or should. I think you are confused. All the social movements I mention WERE met with violence not that the activist was violent. That is the blood I am talking about. MLK's blood was spilled, those freedom riders' blood was spilled. People who commit violence for whatever reasons are malcontents, not activists.

All that over something I didn't say.
    Last edited by WES445; 04-22-2021 at 10:49 PM.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

I think the verdict shows that the idea that the country is hopelessly racist or that police are always unaccountable etc, etc, etc isn't true.
    And if the verdict were opposite..? Would mean it IS true?

He was successful because the media was there to broadcast the inhumanity of the Jim Crow era.
    He was successful because he had more violent minded activists next to him. If MLK was the most violent activist of his time, the govt would have crushed him.

Here is an interesting account of the fight for racial equality, "the hate that hate produced"
    https://youtu.be/BsYWD2EqavQ

Last edited by nastynice; 04-22-2021 at 10:29 PM.

There were many factors and Malcolm X was a part of it. There is no denying his influence then and now with the young generation of black kids.

Quit being foolish, you only know what you have read in history books, there are people here who lived through that time. When I was a kid my public school book never mention black achievement in american history as if there were none. So be careful what is fed you.
    Last edited by WES445; 04-22-2021 at 10:31 PM.

Martin Luther King.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    It really is ok to speak your mind without needing it to justify your political beliefs . In other words whatís worse to riot in order to steal a TV or to Riot to steal our Democracy . If you watched the trial you know he was guilty . Doesnít matter what politician you support . The Scumbags in Washington have tried so hard to brain wash all of you to this extent for a very long time . Always failed . Until now . They love this . I can predict every single one of my friends stance on this trial or anything else based strictly on who they voted for in this election . **** that . Iím no robot , Iím not a pawn Iím a free thinking individual. Iíll die before I conform to any of that nonsense .
    ^^^ Bot stuck in the closet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    ^^^ Bot stuck in the closet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You live in Ewing NJ ? I can be in your driveway in 5 minutes if you do . We can have a much better conversation about this that way .

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast