Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 290
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    I fully accept that the jury decided to convict him because they believed he was guilty..
    Obviously you do. I've heard either a couple people or you a couple times say you accept this verdict as tho it could have went 50 50 and so the other side should accept when a verdict goes against them.

    Obviously you accept the verdict because the guy obviously acted over aggressive and killed him on camera. Obviously people would not accept the opposite verdict because, again, the guy obviously acted over aggresive and killed him on camera.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Making what more obvious, .
    That you some how feel your side lost this political battle, or whatever wierd **** has been fueling your wierd responses. Like you keep harping on riots that never happened. What's your angle here?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    14,054
    There was violence during the woman's right to vote, the labor movement had bombing, riots, and assassinations of movement leaders and we all know about the civil rights movement. Two things happen after these unrests, social change and the idea that blood had to hit the streets before social change can happen. Power doesn't give up power willingly. The rights that you and your wife enjoy now came from that blood on the streets. Women, labor, and civil rights weren't given to you by conservatives or the wealthy, it forced upon them to allow them. Social heat in the form of protest. That is why you don't have five years olds working in factories today.

    The police don't want to go give up the power to do as they please when they please. So once again blood is being spilled on the street and riots hurting our city.

    We never f'ing learn from history and continue the same song and dance over social issue.
    Last edited by WES445; 04-21-2021 at 11:48 PM.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

    Martin Luther King.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    3,826
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    The kid is chocking on fear. This could happen, the insurance company is going to lose money, cities willlllllllllllll burnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhh

    We had riots before going back to the Boston tea party and we are still here. Maybe living thru the sixties made me insensitive to his fear, cause I saw how the country bounce back from those time. I know, I know, we ended up with Reagan.
    So because riots didn't end the country their OK? Tell that to people who had their businesses destroyed, or the ones that lost their lives.

    By your argument Jan 6th was no bid deal right?

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    3,826
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    That you some how feel your side lost this political battle, or whatever wierd **** has been fueling your wierd responses. Like you keep harping on riots that never happened. What's your angle here?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I don't feel "my side" lost anything, the idea of holding Govt accountable is a thing MY SIDE values.
    I think there is a chance he could have been found innocent, but I'm glad for the sake of the community in Minnesota and communities around the country that he was found guilty.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    3,826
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    There was violence during the woman's right to vote, the labor movement had bombing, riots, and assassinations of movement leaders and we all know about the civil rights movement. Two things happen after these unrests, social change and the idea that blood had to hit the streets before social change can happen. Power doesn't give up power willingly. The rights that you and your wife enjoy now came from that blood on the streets. Women, labor, and civil rights weren't given to you by conservatives or the wealthy, it forced upon them to allow them. Social heat in the form of protest. That is why you don't have five years olds working in factories today.

    The police don't want to go give up the power to do as they please when they please. So once again blood is being spilled on the street and riots hurting our city.

    We never f'ing learn from history and continue the same song and dance over social issue.
    Blood IS NOT NECESSARY for Change, India freed itself from colonial rule through peaceful methods, apartheid S.Africa freed itself through peaceful methods.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    I don't feel "my side" lost anything, the idea of holding Govt accountable is a thing MY SIDE values.
    I think there is a chance he could have been found innocent, but I'm glad for the sake of the community in Minnesota and communities around the country that he was found guilty.
    I see, and in the context of systemic racism are you happy he was found guilty?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Blood IS NOT NECESSARY for Change, India freed itself from colonial rule through peaceful methods, apartheid S.Africa freed itself through peaceful methods.
    How did america get freedom? By going through the British court system?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    3,826
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I see, and in the context of systemic racism are you happy he was found guilty?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I'm not sure i understand the framing of your question, but yes I'm glad he was found guilty.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    3,826
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    How did america get freedom? By going through the British court system?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Is the SocJu movement trying to execute a succession from the Govt and found its own country? It's not NECESSARY to use violence to achieve your aims though. MLK was successful BECAUSE they didn't use violence, not inspite of it.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    14,054
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Is the SocJu movement trying to execute a succession from the Govt and found its own country? It's not NECESSARY to use violence to achieve your aims though. MLK was successful BECAUSE they didn't use violence, not inspite of it.
    MLK, like Gandhi, is very rare when it comes to leaders. Plus, he did push for non-violence, but the movement suffered from bloody Selma, local leaders being killed, freedom riders murder, church bombing, one killing five little girls. So even though he pushed for non-violence, the movement was marked by violence, which MLK was blamed for by conservative politicians. Calling him a social agitator. Revving up unrest among our good negro. Not so weird if you consider what is going on right now, with the right-wing attacking BLM's protest instead of focusing on their issues. Their leaders get blamed for riots that are sparked by malcontents and thugs.

    With all of this, I can't think of any leaders who were capable of maintaining peace among their membership, like MLK and Gandhi, through ordeals like this. They are rare.
    Last edited by WES445; 04-22-2021 at 10:05 AM.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

    Martin Luther King.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    14,054
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Blood IS NOT NECESSARY for Change, India freed itself from colonial rule through peaceful methods, apartheid S.Africa freed itself through peaceful methods.
    You need to really read about the repressive method that was used to try to suppress those movements. Just policing alone would make our police problems golden. We are basically talking about colonial rules in India and to some extent S. Africa as well.

    Really dude, your knowledge of history is lacking in this area.
    Last edited by WES445; 04-22-2021 at 10:17 AM.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

    Martin Luther King.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    56,418
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Is the SocJu movement trying to execute a succession from the Govt and found its own country? It's not NECESSARY to use violence to achieve your aims though. MLK was successful BECAUSE they didn't use violence, not inspite of it.
    you have the blue print and care about the cause. Get it done


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    14,054
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    So because riots didn't end the country their OK? Tell that to people who had their businesses destroyed, or the ones that lost their lives.

    By your argument Jan 6th was no bid deal right?
    I am not condoning violence or downplaying business loss, I am just stating we survived those riots as a nation. Learn the difference without accusations or hysterical assumptions.
    Last edited by WES445; 04-22-2021 at 10:48 AM.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

    Martin Luther King.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,060
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Is the SocJu movement trying to execute a succession from the Govt and found its own country? It's not NECESSARY to use violence to achieve your aims though. MLK was successful BECAUSE they didn't use violence, not inspite of it.
    Actually, King’s plan all along was to incite violence by being nonviolent — an effective strategy that would not have worked nearly as well, if at all, had there had not been significant pushback on the part of the largely white community (and, equally important, if the media, for whatever reason, had not been there to document it).

    King’s strategy worked up to a point, but it is incorrect to attribute all of the changes to his movement alone because there was also a great deal of violent protest operating at the same time, which had an effect as well.

    Violence is regrettable, but by the same token also can be a catalyst for change. Many important social changes in the US have been accompanied by violence: the civil war, the achieving of manifest destiny, the fight for unionization, the anti-war/anti-nuke efforts, even the environmental movement.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •