Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Chauvin guilty on all charges

Maybe I'm missing it being discussed in other threads, but it would seem this deserves its own

Derek Chauvin found guilty of 2nd degree murder, 3rd degree murder, and 2nd degree manslaughter, likely facing a sentence of around 40 years.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Today was a good day for justice, it never happens it seems, but for once justice was done.

Obvious conclusion. The defense was weak and they seemed unprepared. Prosecution killed it.

My favorite points of the trial was the witness the defense failed to try to paint as a police hating black guy. And prosecution pointing out that he called the police after the incident.

Also it's way too late but I was shocking and amazing to see cops take the stand and vilify Chavins actions. Historically in these cases cops do nothing but defend cops.

Oh and also the attempt to say he died from carbon monoxide poisoning was... comical.
    Especially since even if true it would be Chauvins fault. Literally would change nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Obvious conclusion. The defense was weak and they seemed unprepared. Prosecution killed it.

My favorite points of the trial was the witness the defense failed to try to paint as a police hating black guy. And prosecution pointing out that he called the police after the incident.

Also it's way too late but I was shocking and amazing to see cops take the stand and vilify Chavins actions. Historically in these cases cops do nothing but defend cops.

Oh and also the attempt to say he died from carbon monoxide poisoning was... comical.
    Especially since even if true it would be Chauvins fault. Literally would change nothing.
    You mean the dude who was talking about space aliens was unprepared?
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Today was a good day for justice, it never happens it seems, but for once justice was done.
    It happens a lot that criminals are found guilty, it just doesn't usually get big coverage.

The daily injustice is mostly in the prison sentences handed out.

This is good for small businesses, a lot of people were interviewed after the verdict and they said they wouldn't have to go out rioting and looting.
    It could still happen. But it won't be as severe.

We can't have people getting sentences if it will cause rioting and looting regardless of the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    This is good for small businesses, a lot of people were interviewed after the verdict and they said they wouldn't have to go out rioting and looting.

We can't have people getting sentences if it will cause rioting and looting regardless of the truth.
    It was also good for people who might be the next victim of police violence. Imagine the precedent it would set if a cop could be video taped for nearly 10 minutes with his knee on someone's neck and be acquitted. What limits would their be on the police to play the role of executioner if that was acceptable activity? I'd say giving the police carte blanche to murder is probably worse than some hypothetical rioting.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Acquital was not going to happen in this case, unless the prosecution royally messed things up. Manslaughter was a slam dunk and they proved the case for murder to the jury's satisfaction.
    Good day for the prosecution.

Maxine Waters gave the defense an opening for an appeal. So the battle is far from over.

But yes, getting that arse off the streets and into prison is a good thing.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Maxine Waters gave the defense an opening for an appeal. So the battle is far from over.

But yes, getting that arse off the streets and into prison is a good thing.
    Meh we'll see. I'd like to see the justification fir the appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Acquital was not going to happen in this case, unless the prosecution royally messed things up. Manslaughter was a slam dunk and they proved the case for murder to the jury's satisfaction.
    Good day for the prosecution.
    There ya go. Took you 9 tries but finally said something sort of accurate.

Glad to see your priorities are in the right place.

What the **** does your last line even ****ing mean lol.

And we all know you guys wanted a not guilty and riots. And to blame it all on your arch nemesis Maxine Waters.

Chauvin guilty on all charges

show them libs! That's what this is about not the random guy that a cop murdered.
    Last edited by ewing; 04-21-2021 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Yeah, those people are just primed to loot and riot. From my point of view I kind of focus on the police misconduct and incidents like Floyd that sparks those riots.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Yeah, those people are just primed to loot and riot. From my point of view I kind of focus on the police misconduct and incidents like Floyd that sparks those riots.
    Don't blame you. It wouldn't have surprise me given a different verdict some people would have gotten pissed and ****ed **** up. Lastly I don't think those people represent the liberal establishment. I do think the guy you quoted is theatre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast