Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If Yankees fire Boone who should be the replacement?

6 manager options with Yankees ties if Brian Cashman does the unexpected and fires Aaron Boone
    Updated 10:00 AM; Today 10:00 AM
    By Joe Giglio | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

It might be too early to fire Aaron Boone, but itís certainly not too early to think about the next Yankees manager.

Thatís what happens when a team with a payroll of more than $200M gets off to a 5-10 start. Itís what happens when mediocre baseball persists since the start of the 2020 season. Itís what happens when the tide turns for a manager that doesnít have rings to stand on, like Joe Torre did during a tough start in 2005.

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2021/04/6...ron-boone.html

Buck would be my first choice and seems the obvious pick. I also think Phil Nevin might not be a bad pick.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,Ē JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    ďNot everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.Ē---- James Baldwin

My choice would only be showalter but I doubt cashman would hire him. He is not the kind of manager cashman wants .

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I vote our very own Posada. He knows everything. He's fair in his assessments of all players. He would Stand fast by his rules and never back peddle.

Oh. He would have to go to the games. Never mind.

How bout Tony Pena?
    David Cone?
    Asmus?

Ignorance is bliss

Beltran?

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Beltran?
    Hell yes

Ignorance is bliss

Beltran?
    As much as I like the guy , I am afraid he would just be another subscriber to cashmanís analytic philosophy .

Leo

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Leo

Yo! I hope you are well.

Leo would be great but owning a cannabis business, I would worry the entire team would be even less motivated and fat.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Yo! I hope you are well.

Leo would be great but owning a cannabis business, I would worry the entire team would be even less motivated and fat.
    All good here man. No complaints from me. Hope you are as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Hell yes
    If nothing else he'd get them hitting again... I still think they need to get Kratz back into coaching and groom him as a manager. Actually get him some experience as a coach before you just hand over the reins

If nothing else he'd get them hitting again... I still think they need to get Kratz back into coaching and groom him as a manager. Actually get him some experience as a coach before you just hand over the reins
    Kratz is an interesting thought. He is definitely cut from a cloth I like.
    A catcher who bounced around that much has been able to play under a ton of managers and learn different methods and philosophies.
    That's a very good thing.

Ignorance is bliss

I don't know who the next manager would be, but if they fire Cashman and Boone, then the next hitting coach should be someone in the Bernie Williams, Wade Boggs mode that knows how to work the strike zone and situational hit.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I don't know who the next manager would be, but if they fire Cashman and Boone, then the next hitting coach should be someone in the Bernie Williams, Wade Boggs mode that knows how to work the strike zone and situational hit.
    Thatís a great idea but that type of hitting doesnít fit in well with the approach that is used by the analytics department

Beltran.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Leo

Is he still kicking ?

I donít want buck heís ole and played out imo. Beltran could be a good possibility BUT wasnít he on the team that cheated us in the ALCS and the astros got their World Series that year ? Might not sit well with our players.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast