Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    You could say that about any star though, if you watch that carefully any star looks lazy and tired at times.

The only reason people keep bringing it up is because its thibs, who is known for letting players play long minutes.

Go watch any of the top tier players and you'll see them take some plays off or play with tired legs.
    ok good points but other teams have better than Obi and Knox for those 10 or so minutes, maybe when Mitch comes back we can use Taj at PF for two 4 min spurts, i know it will have better results than the other options

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Thibs: I'll kill whoever let's PJ Washington score.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    [emoji1787]

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I'm jumping to a series and he looks gassed at times and you can see his shot off and he gives up a lot rebounds for points when he's that tired. Also when either of them come in its just not pretty.

I'm not concerned about minutes its the level play within the minutes, you can just see it.

Also it's time for coach to admit Payton needs to sit, when Burks returns it's time he figures this out, his defense is lacking now, so I don't even want to hear he's out there for defense, just ugly to watch.
    I will preface this with I was wrong on how this would play out when all the PGs got back healthy. I thought Payton was transitioning to situational but doesn’t look like it.

Elf had a horrible stretch individually but the starters have been playing better overall IMO. I don’t see Thibs changing anything while we’re on a 7 game winning streak, nor should he. Rose gets the most important mins of the game. Quickly is still very messy with the ball in his hands. I see no reason to change the units up right now. Just ride the hot hand which Thibs does most of the time.

ok good points but other teams have better than Obi and Knox for those 10 or so minutes, maybe when Mitch comes back we can use Taj at PF for two 4 min spurts, i know it will have better results than the other options
    Yea backup 4 is definitely the big weak link for this team, along with Elf. Seems like Knox has team killer habits. Just seems to suck the life out of the team when he’s missing rotations and getting lost out there. Obi to a lesser degree.

Randle is still very young, its not like he needs more rest. And clearly obi and Knox suck, so playing randle a few more minutes Is the best option.

These veterans know how to take plays off and rest even if they are on the court too. Its not like hes going full Westbrook speed the whole game.

If he was constantly flying around the court jumping all over like MVP Rose or Isiah Thomas when he was killing it, I may be worried, because kind of style beats on the knees bad, but Randle doesn't do that, doesn't have that kind of athleticism.

GT#59 Charlotte Hornets (28-28) @ Santísimo Padre Knicks (31-27): Streakin!

If you want to kill Obi for his jump shot or the fact that he is super uncomfortable putting the ball on the floor in the half court fine. By the numbers Toppin units have played well though. Thibs is going to ride his stars and sit his rookies no matter what. I mean Quickley has been the second best rookie in the NBA the majority of the season and he can't take mins away from Elfrid Payton

The entire world said this is what Thibs does before he got here. Why can't we admit it? He still turned the franchisee around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 04-21-2021 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

GT#59 Charlotte Hornets (28-28) @ Santísimo Padre Knicks (31-27): Streakin!

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I will preface this with I was wrong on how this would play out when all the PGs got back healthy. I thought Payton was transitioning to situational but doesn’t look like it.

Elf had a horrible stretch individually but the starters have been playing better overall IMO. I don’t see Thibs changing anything while we’re on a 7 game winning streak, nor should he. Rose gets the most important mins of the game. Quickly is still very messy with the ball in his hands. I see no reason to change the units up right now. Just ride the hot hand which Thibs does most of the time.
    I agree nothing is changing now but they are playing better compared to how they normally play with Elfrid Payton not better then they have played with Derrick Rose or Immanual Quickley. I don't think those numbers are always predictive of what would happen all the time. Sometimes they aren't but that is the argument that is made for sitting Elf.

Last edited by ewing; 04-21-2021 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Bullock’s been pivotal for us this season, dude’s massively underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    Bullock’s been pivotal for us this season, dude’s massively underrated.
    Not by me. He’s our motion shooter. Same reason I liked Vassell this past draft. That archetype of player when they’re executing at their ceiling is incredibly valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    I said either bottom 5 or 40 don't make me repost it hater
    You went on and on about us being bottom 5 you guaranteed it lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

RJ Barrett cot Damn. Hittin 3's at an incredible rate. Where would we be without his shooting to compliment Randle?

The Knicks are BACK...part 2

The Knicks schedule was ranked hardest after the all star game, so wow, but now look at Hawks upcoming schedule:

Knicks, Miami, Bucks, Pistons, Sixers, Sixers, Bulls, Portl, Suns, Indy, Wash, Wash, Orl, Houston

Knicks games left:

hawks, toronto, suns, bulls, Houston, Memphis, denver, sunds, clips, Lakers, spurs, charl, bost

Actually we will keep saying this, but tomorrow is the biggest game of the season.
    I've said this several times in the game forums. Our schedule appeared difficult to the untrained eye. We were just basing it off that we are the "same ol' Knicks" and it was hard to see that we are a really good team and we actually are the tough out on most nights. Didn't foresee this 7 game win streak but wasn't overwhelmed by what I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    You could say that about any star though, if you watch that carefully any star looks lazy and tired at times.

The only reason people keep bringing it up is because its thibs, who is known for letting players play long minutes.

Go watch any of the top tier players and you'll see them take some plays off or play with tired legs.

But I do agree about Elfrid, Either rose or Quick should Start over him, but Thibs like his vets, and thibs wants the starting unit to continue to gel together as a unit, so I completely understand why he sticks with Elfrid. But for sure there are times like tonight where its clear the offense needs a more offensive skilled pg than elfrid.
    I think we are reading way too much into Randle's facial expressions. His body language has suggested he is tired from day 1. That's just the way he looks on the court. He's rarely ever amped up. He sort of trots around, he can be a little lackadaisical with the ball, he always has this look on this face like he is drained. That's just Randle. He's clearly not worn down.

I do think having two unreliable players behind him is not a long term answer. Hopefully Obi is better next year or he is traded for more of a stable backup. Knox just sucks ***.

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    I've said this several times in the game forums. Our schedule appeared difficult to the untrained eye. We were just basing it off that we are the "same ol' Knicks" and it was hard to see that we are a really good team and we actually are the tough out on most nights. Didn't foresee this 7 game win streak but wasn't overwhelmed by what I saw.
    I think when guys like Smood pointed out that we sucked against good teams it was fair to think we were gonna tank this part of the schedule. He wasn't wrong in saying we sucked against +.500 teams. The second half schedule always had a super tough start and a super tough end and if the Knicks were gonna hold their ground they were gonna have to make a run in the middle, and they were gonna have to do it against solid middle ground teams and not bottom feeders. That's exactly what we are doing. No one could have predicted this.

But I also don't think we were as "bad" as it seemed we were leading up to this stretch. We lost a lot of games but we were losing some heartbreakers and we were keeping it close against some really good teams. It seems like we finally figured out how to get over the hump in tight games. We are winning the close ones that we were losing prior to the streak.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    If you want to kill Obi for his jump shot or the fact that he is super uncomfortable putting the ball on the floor in the half court fine. By the numbers Toppin units have played well though. Thibs is going to ride his stars and sit his rookies no matter what. I mean Quickley has been the second best rookie in the NBA the majority of the season and he can't take mins away from Elfrid Payton

The entire world said this is what Thibs does before he got here. Why can't we admit it? He still turned the franchisee around

I will call myself a Thibs supporter - I don't think any of us would say Thibs doesn't sit rookies and ride his stars. No one is not admitting that. Where it seems there is disagreement is whether or not that is permanent for this years rookie class and any rookie class going forward under Thibs, or if it's just rookie year treatment that these players will grow out of under Thibs and become staples in the lineup. I think the latter.

I also think losing Rose for a dozen games and playing a lot of those games without a point guard at all skewed our vision of the team and how good they were, and also made us feel gloomy when looking at the second half schedule. This team with Rose is 16-7. We probably win a lot more of those games in March if we had Rose and we are probably firmly in the 4 seed if he didn't miss a month.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I also think losing Rose for a dozen games and playing a lot of those games without a point guard at all skewed our vision of the team and how good they were, and also made us feel gloomy when looking at the second half schedule. This team with Rose is 16-7. We probably win a lot more of those games in March if we had Rose and we are probably firmly in the 4 seed if he didn't miss a month.
    That's a fair point. We're 3-0 with Rose as starter. Would love to have him start, but I understand his need off the bench for his scoring, especially with Burks out.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast