Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

GT#59 Charlotte Hornets (28-28) @ Santísimo Padre Knicks (31-27): Streakin!

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    That's a fair point. We're 3-0 with Rose as starter. Would love to have him start, but I understand his need off the bench for his scoring, especially with Burks out.
    Thibs reaction to Burk’s loss is surprising. He seems to be playing multiple end of bench guys 4 or 5 mins a night and moving Q all over the place. It's a shame bc the second unit with Rose, Q, Burks, Toppin, and Gibson was killing it. They are a plus 19 per 100 possessions. I wouldn't be surprised if Frank gets short run against Atl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

GT#59 Charlotte Hornets (28-28) @ Santísimo Padre Knicks (31-27): Streakin!

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I think we are reading way too much into Randle's facial expressions. His body language has suggested he is tired from day 1. That's just the way he looks on the court. He's rarely ever amped up. He sort of trots around, he can be a little lackadaisical with the ball, he always has this look on this face like he is drained. That's just Randle. He's clearly not worn down.

I do think having two unreliable players behind him is not a long term answer. Hopefully Obi is better next year or he is traded for more of a stable backup. Knox just sucks ***.

I think when guys like Smood pointed out that we sucked against good teams it was fair to think we were gonna tank this part of the schedule. He wasn't wrong in saying we sucked against +.500 teams. The second half schedule always had a super tough start and a super tough end and if the Knicks were gonna hold their ground they were gonna have to make a run in the middle, and they were gonna have to do it against solid middle ground teams and not bottom feeders. That's exactly what we are doing. No one could have predicted this.

But I also don't think we were as "bad" as it seemed we were leading up to this stretch. We lost a lot of games but we were losing some heartbreakers and we were keeping it close against some really good teams. It seems like we finally figured out how to get over the hump in tight games. We are winning the close ones that we were losing prior to the streak.

I will call myself a Thibs supporter - I don't think any of us would say Thibs doesn't sit rookies and ride his stars. No one is not admitting that. Where it seems there is disagreement is whether or not that is permanent for this years rookie class and any rookie class going forward under Thibs, or if it's just rookie year treatment that these players will grow out of under Thibs and become staples in the lineup. I think the latter.
    I think the disagreement is when people say things like Randle “cant” get rest bc of Toppin’s play or bc the bench is getting killed all the time.

If someone told me before the season Randle would play at an all NBA level and then asked me how many mins per game he would play my answer would have been 40-42.

I don't know what Thibs is going to do next year. Part of me does feel unless it's a really obvious choice he will favor guys with some track record. If that's true circumstance generally intervenes at some point and guys get a shot. Maybe he gives Q and Toppin a bigger role off the bat to see if they can hold it. IDK what will happen but we should all be a Thibs supporter. He turned the franchise around.

Last edited by ewing; 04-21-2021 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    If you want to kill Obi for his jump shot or the fact that he is super uncomfortable putting the ball on the floor in the half court fine. By the numbers Toppin units have played well though. Thibs is going to ride his stars and sit his rookies no matter what. I mean Quickley has been the second best rookie in the NBA the majority of the season and he can't take mins away from Elfrid Payton

The entire world said this is what Thibs does before he got here. Why can't we admit it? He still turned the franchisee around

Omg we actually agree on something people need to take those homer glasses off

BTW we are still winning with no burks I told yall he was overrated around here

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Correlation is not causation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Correlation is not causation.
    Facts...if Rose goes down, without burks, we'd be in real trouble.

The Knicks are BACK...part 2

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    Facts...if Rose goes down, without burks, we'd be in real trouble.
    Next Man Up (except for Payton, he should be down)

He’s been a godsend lmao he’s literally taken over 5+ 4th quarter games and finished off the other team.but yeah not surprised you said something wrong.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    Next Man Up (except for Payton, he should be down)
    The fact that we’re doing what we’re doing this year with Payton averaging over 20 minutes a game is amazing
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Haven’t been this amped for a game in a long time
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Knicks won again and honestly I love seeing this...the league is much better when y'all are relevant and winning as a franchise. But y'all got the job done last night and helped my Celtics out by beating the Hornets who have been gaining on my team.

Burks alone won't move the needle. He is a Short-term solution. Low risk. High reward.

This is what Thibs is saying in terms of the lack of talent the Knicks really have. The Knicks have had to use their defense to level the playing field because they don't have many options on offense.

You gotta wonder, what if Julius Randle didn't have a break out season? Pretty much everything comes thru him.

Fortunately the Knicks have at least 2 pieces of the puzzle. Now they need to work on the other three to some capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Burks alone won't move the needle. He is a Short-term solution. Low risk. High reward.

This is what Thibs is saying in terms of the lack of talent the Knicks really have. The Knicks have had to use their defense to level the playing field because they don't have many options on offense.

You gotta wonder, what if Julius Randle didn't have a break out season? Pretty much everything comes thru him.

Fortunately the Knicks have at least 2 pieces of the puzzle. Now they need to work on the other three to some capacity.
    We got cap if we keep this up the sky is the limit winning attracts free agents

We got cap if we keep this up the sky is the limit winning attracts free agents
    Definitely. The Knicks still need to choose wisely. I don't trust waiting till free agency.

I think, the Knicks were a little lucky last night. No Gordon Hayward. No LaMelo Ball. Obviously a win is a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Definitely. The Knicks still need to choose wisely. I don't trust waiting till free agency.

I think, the Knicks were a little lucky last night. No Gordon Hayward. No LaMelo Ball. Obviously a win is a win.
    Definitely we've been lucky but thats why tonight is so big bkuz the hawks are at full strength and they are hot

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast