Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Loaisiga just went 92.4 CU, 99.2 FB , 92.8 CU. How many guys throw 93 MPH CU? that has become an incredible pitch for him. His CB is an absolute hammer but for some reason he just doesn't get the K's with it he does with the CU. He really looks like he's coming into his own as a quality, backend reliever

Now if they don't score would you leave him out there? or bring in CHappy
    It is funny that the bullpen was the biggest concern after ST for many. The bullpen is great. People thought it was a given that the hitters would hit and were riding high on the starting pitching performance in ST. Just another good example where ST results mean nothing.

Chapman has 11 Ks through 4 innings.

absolutely Horrific, bases loaded, no outs and the only way we can score is with a wild pitch and a walk that scored a run. Clint and Torres looked like they were trying to hit it 500ft and didn't get it out of the infield and Gary wasn't much better.... The only way we scored is because the pitcher was so bad not because we scored runs

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    It is funny that the bullpen was the biggest concern after ST for many. The bullpen is great. People thought it was a given that the hitters would hit and were riding high on the starting pitching performance in ST. Just another good example where ST results mean nothing.
    Actually my biggest concern after st was how deep the starting pitching was gonna get into games since outside of cole , Yankees starters averaged just 3 innings a start in st . The offense struggling wasnít anything new since they didnít do much in st and has been bad with risp for years .

definately see your overall point but Lasagna has a really strong spring that lead alot of us to believe he was going to figure it out this yr.

I agree, i can't imagine anyone coming out of ST had a concern about the offense. I sure wasn't concerned.

The BP has been fantastic and Brit isn't even back there. My only concern is they will get over worked by the end of the yr. Then again we have a bunch more quality arms that could be ready to help in the 2nd half.

Of all our major concerns, the rotation is among my least right now. Taillon was very, very good tonight and hopefully he can build on that. Monty has been solid and Cole has been excellent. I still think Kluber who is traditionally a very slow starter, still has a chance to be effective. His stuff, movement and velo have all been fine but he hasn't had any command. Thats always been his biggest strength as a pitcher and i think he's still getting into game shape. Between King, Garcia, German and all the rest of the arms coming they'll be able to figure out the 5th spot

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Actually my biggest concern after st was how deep the starting pitching was gonna get into games since outside of cole , Yankees starters averaged just 3 innings a start in st . The offense struggling wasnít anything new since they didnít do much in st and has been bad with risp for years .
    scored 2 of their 3 runs on a wild pitch and bases loaded walk..i saw a stat earlier are the yanks the worst team in slugging in the al or al east which is hard to believe in considering all the power hitter hitters on the team... i disagree with you yanks are always one of the highest scoring teams in the al over the years even with struggling with risp.. they should not be this bad at scoring runs

Say all you want about how bad dj has been with risp this season . The guy is hitting .300 with an almost .390 obp . He is doing his job as the lead off hitter , and doing it well

Just spewing random nonsense again?

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    scored 2 of their 3 runs on a wild pitch and bases loaded walk..i saw a stat earlier are the yanks the worst team in slugging in the al or al east which is hard to believe in considering all the power hitter hitters on the team... i disagree with you yanks are always one of the highest scoring teams in the al over the years even with struggling with risp.. they should not be this bad at scoring runs
    Yeah they are one of the highest scoring teams in the al but mainly when they are hitting homeruns , when they donít hit hrs for stretches , you get a stretch like the one they are on now
    Last edited by Posada20; 04-20-2021 at 10:02 PM.

Just spewing random nonsense again?
    Really are you that blind with rage towards me that you have forgotten all their struggles with risp over the years ? Did you forget how they lost game 5 last season??

Really are you that blind with rage towards me that you have forgotten all their struggles with risp over the years ? Did you forget how they lost game 5 last season??
    If you think they have been one of the worst teams with RISP the last few years then you just don't pay attention to the rest of baseball and think the grass is always greener on the other side.

If you think they have been one of the worst teams with RISP the last few years then you just don't pay attention to the rest of baseball and think the grass is always greener on the other side.
    You accuse me of posting nonsense and here you are putting words in my mouth and making up crap . I never said they have been one of the worst teams with risp the last few years , I have said they have been bad with risp over the years . Atleast quote me right before spewing hate filled diatribes towards me

You accuse me of posting nonsense and here you are putting words in my mouth and making up crap . I never said they have been one of the worst teams with risp the last few years , I have said they have been bad with risp over the years . Atleast quote me right before spewing hate filled diatribes towards me
    Bad would imply they are towards the bottom of the league. Still, your point is ridiculously wrong.

Here is where the Yankees ranked based on wRC+ as a team with RISP among every team in baseball:

2018: 6th
    2019: 1st
    2020: 3rd

But please, continue to tell how bad they have been these last few years.

Bad would imply they are towards the bottom of the league. Still, your point is ridiculously wrong.

Here is where the Yankees ranked based on wRC+ as a team with RISP among every team in baseball:

2018: 6th
    2019: 1st
    2020: 3rd

But please, continue to tell how bad they have been these last few years.
    they were 3rd and 6th, not 1st every yr, they were bad

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    The Yankees have a .287 SLG with RISP this year. 2nd to last behind the Mets (.226).

The Yankees had a .466 SLG last year with RISP (5th best in the majors).

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast