Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Atlanta Braves @ NY Yankees 4 / 20-21

The Atlanta Braves and the New York Yankees meet in MLB action from Yankee Stadium on Tuesday night.

The Braves will look to build on a 13-4 win over the Chicago Cubs in their last outing. Ronald Acuna Jr. leads the Braves across the board with a .419 batting average, a .486 OBP, 26 hits along with 7 home runs, 16 RBIs and 6 doubles. Freddie Freeman also has 5 home runs and 10 RBIs while Dansby Swanson and Ozzie Albies each have 4 doubles. Marcell Ozuna also has 14 hits but also has a team-high 22 strikeouts this season. Charlie Morton will get the start here and is 1-1 with a 4.76 ERA and 21 strikeouts this season. In his career, Morton is 4-2 with a 3.83 ERA and 70 strikeouts against the Yankees.

The Yankees will look to rebound from a 4-2 loss in Sunday’s series finale against Tampa Bay. DJ LeMahieu leads the Yankees with a .286 batting average, a .375 OBP and 16 hits with a team-high 4 doubles as well while Aaron Judge has a team-high 4 home runs and Giancarlo Stanton leads the Bronx Bombers with 12 RBIs coming with 3 home runs as well. Statton’s run production comes with a downside, and that’s a .176 batting average and a team-high 18 strikeouts this season. Gio Urshela also has 13 hits with 3 doubles as well this season. Jameson Taillon is expected to start here and is 0-1 with a 7.56 ERA and 10 strikeouts this season. This will be Taillon’s second career start against Atlanta.

Atlanta is 4-1 in their last 5 road games and 8-18 in their last 26 games as a road underdog while the over is 5-0 in their last 5 Tuesday games. New York is 80-35 in their last 115 home games and 0-5 in their last 5 games overall while the under is 4-1 in their last 5 interleague games as a favorite.

Tue, Apr 20 • 6:35 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium
    TV: Bally Sports South, YES

Charlie Morton
    RHP
    1-1, 4.76 ERA
    Morton made a couple of costly mistakes during a four-run third inning against the Marlins on Wednesday. But he felt his curveball was as good as it's been all year. He's completed six innings in both of his past two outings.

Jameson Taillon
    RHP
    0-1, 7.56 ERA
    Taillon aims to bounce back after he was knocked for five runs and eight hits in 3 2/3 innings last time out by the Blue Jays, marking Taillon's second start since returning from a 2019 Tommy John procedure.

Wed, Apr 21 • 6:35 PM EDT

Ian Anderson
    RHP
    0-0, 4.70 ERA
    Anderson allowed three homers in his final spring start, and he's surrendered a .448 slugging percentage through his first three starts of the regular season. He allowed just one home run over 51 innings and surrendered a .230 slugging percentage over 10 starts (includes the playoffs) last year.

Corey Kluber
    RHP
    0-1, 6.10 ERA
    Kluber has yet to complete five innings in any of his three starts this season. He tossed 77 pitches last time out vs. the Blue Jays, allowing three runs and six hits over four innings. Kluber has permitted 16 hits in 10 1/3 innings.
    Last edited by drt1010; 04-22-2021 at 07:34 AM.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

I think they split this series mainly because in even numbered series , a majority are split .
    Last edited by Posada20; 04-20-2021 at 09:38 AM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Really, a vast majority? Care to explain what exactly that means and where you got that statistic?
    Even numbers?
    Considering that in 4 game series, 14% are sweeps, that gets the base number down to 86%. Considering the term vast majority means 85% or more, you just made that up, hence a lie.
    That doesn't even take into account the fact that you have a significant percentage of 3-1. I would guess that percentage is fairly high. My guess would be that 50-60 percent or so, are split.

So unless you can prove that 85% or better are split? Stop lying.

Even better, 51% or 2 game series are sweeps so actually the majority end in a sweep. The minority end in a split. So you are so very, very wrong again and talk flat out ignorance

https://mlbsweeps.com/statistics/

Also, if you keep predicting you will eventually be correct regarding the outcome of a series. Then you will proudly pat yourself on the back. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 04-20-2021 at 09:37 AM.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Really, a vast majority? Care to explain what exactly that means and where you got that statistic?
    Even numbers?
    Considering that in 4 game series, 14% are sweeps, that gets the base number down to 86%. Considering the term vast majority means 85% or more, you just made that up, hence a lie.
    That doesn't even take into account the fact that you have a significant percentage of 3-1. I would guess that percentage is fairly high. My guess would be that 50-60 percent or so, are split.

So unless you can prove that 85% or better are split? Stop lying.

Even better, 51% or 2 game series are sweeps so actually the majority end in a sweep. The minority end in a split. So you are so very, very wrong again and talk flat out ignorance

https://mlbsweeps.com/statistics/

Also, if you keep predicting you will eventually be correct regarding the outcome of a series. Then you will proudly pat yourself on the back. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    Ok so I was mistaken about the odds of splits happening . I am still showing my faith in this team with my positive predictions . I mean even when I am being positive and supportive of this team like I am asked to do , you still have to troll my posts . Do you seriously have nothing better to do this early in the morning ?

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Ok so I was mistaken about the odds of splits happening . I am still showing my faith in this team with my positive predictions . I mean even when I am being positive and supportive of this team like I am asked to do , you still have to troll my posts . Do you seriously have nothing better to do this early in the morning ?
    It's not that early. If you are going to keep making unfounded claims and talking BS? I will gladly take the few seconds it takes to disprove your misinformation.

Splitting a series is faith? That is actually the lack of faith.

You are not showing faith. You are displaying positivity instead in order to present a positive attitude while you then bash multiple players at every step.
    That make you a hippocrrite of the highest level. Just like a crappy politician.

You think with the two pitchers you have been bashing, the Yankees will split the series? Really? You think offense you talk about stinking, will come alive?

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    It's not that early. If you are going to keep making unfounded claims and talking BS? I will gladly take the few seconds it takes to disprove your misinformation.

Splitting a series is faith? That is actually the lack of faith.

You are not showing faith. You are displaying positivity instead in order to present a positive attitude while you then bash multiple players at every step.
    That make you a hippocrrite of the highest level. Just like a crappy politician.

You think with the two pitchers you have been bashing, the Yankees will split the series? Really? You think offense you talk about stinking, will come alive?
    For the 100th damned time . I haven’t given up on either tailon or kluber yet so give that crap a rest . And that is why I feel they will get a split because I feel atleast one of them will pitch well enough to put the team in position to win . Plus the Braves pitchers going in these two games aren’t great either so I do think the Yankees are due to start hitting well . I went with the split prediction as a safe prediction . Because if I predicted a sweep you would still troll me for being a jinx .

And I am a hypocrite ???? Last I checked it’s the whole board that has been talking non stop about how bad the offense has been including you , in fact in just the other thread it was you and drt that mentioned replacing Thames as a way to get the offense turned around from how bad it’s been .

I think they split this series mainly because in even numbered series , a majority are split .
    yankees better start hitting if they hit like they did vs tampa braves will win both games even without acuna

Prior to tonight’s game, the @Yankees recalled INF Mike Ford (#36) from the Alternate Site.

— Yankees PR Dept. (@YankeesPR) April 20, 2021

Now we know who is replacing Bruce . I hope Ford could be the new blood that helps awaken the offense

Quote Originally Posted by posada20 View Post
    i think they split this series mainly because in even numbered series , a majority are split .

what? Lol
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Your positive predictions that have been wrong time and again.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    what? Lol
    Even after he altered his original post stating , “the vast majority”, he’s still wrong
    51% are sweeps. That makes a sweep, the majority

Ignorance is bliss

River Ave. Blues
    @RiverAveBlues

NYY is tentatively scheduled to see 7 righty starters in the next 9 games. Should put Ford at 1B and DJLM at 2B, Odor on the bench. At worst, it improves the 2B defense, and maybe Ford has a 2019-esque run in him.

All worthy of consideration.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

NY Yankees - C Gary Sanchez (hand) is questionable tonight versus Atlanta.

Jack Curry
    @JackCurryYES
    And there you have it. Boone mixes it up as Gardner, Tauchman and Ford are all in the lineup.

Our offense looks so much more alive tonight.....smh

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast