Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Went to Miami in free agency to join a couple of friends. One who just happened to be another top 3 player in the league, and another who just coincidentally happened to be top 10.

Iím sure if Wade and Bosh were guys who sat on the bench all game, Lebron still wouldíve went to Miami right? Just joining a few buds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol made me spit out my drink.

It's a rhetorical question btw, blams.

Went to Miami in free agency to join a couple of friends. One who just happened to be another top 3 player in the league, and another who just coincidentally happened to be top 10.

Iím sure if Wade and Bosh were guys who sat on the bench all game, Lebron still wouldíve went to Miami right? Just joining a few buds.

LMAO Bosh was NEVER a top 10 player. Wade wasn't top 3 at any point during the Heatles era either. Idiot revisionism at it's finest.

I think Steph is a better offensive player than KD

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    LMAO Bosh was NEVER a top 10 player. Wade wasn't top 3 at any point during the Heatles era either. Idiot revisionism at it's finest.
    The 2 years before LBJ Wade was 5th and 3rd in MVP share. Bosh wasn't top 10 but he had made 5 straight all star games. As the poster said he didn't just join a couple buds

Btw Chris Bosh was an 11 time all-star! Cue Chornz to tell us how Horce Grant was a much better player

Last edited by ewing; 04-27-2021 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

OP: I think Steph is a better offensive player than KD
    Also OP: I think I know hoops

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    The 2 years before LBJ Wade was 5th and 3rd in MVP share. Bosh wasn't top 10 but he had made 5 straight all star games. As the poster said he didn't just join a couple buds

Btw Chris Bosh was an 11 time all-star! Cue Chornz to tell us how Horce Grant was a much better player

lol Grant probably was better than Bosh tbh. Toronto Bosh was mostly empty calorie scoring + rebounding with minimal defense. It wasn't really until his second year in Miami did he develop a skill set that's compatible with playoff basketball.

And why mention Wade's MVP shares before LeBron joined the Heat? How is that at all relevant to the contributions Wade made during the Heatles era? It's no secret that Wade's peak fell off after 2011, and even his 2011 season, while good, still fall short of being a top 3 player that year with LeBron, Dwight, Dirk and CP3 all having stellar seasons.

Both of them have a great legacy regardless. Seems you are still mad that KD out LeBroned LeBron with his team up.

We all wanted him to pull a lebron, instead he pulled a le*****

As a third option on a contender, Horace Grant was much better

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    As a third option on a contender, Horace Grant was much better
    Totally

Totally

He was huge in beating the Bulls. His injury the very next year devestated them.

Bosh got bodied by every bigman

OK, arguably top 10 but I would 100% put him in the top 15-20 range leading up to 2010 FA. He was 24/11 and a 5x All-Star before joining the Heat. Regarding Wade, see below.

lol Grant probably was better than Bosh tbh. Toronto Bosh was mostly empty calorie scoring + rebounding with minimal defense. It wasn't really until his second year in Miami did he develop a skill set that's compatible with playoff basketball.

And why mention Wade's MVP shares before LeBron joined the Heat? How is that at all relevant to the contributions Wade made during the Heatles era? It's no secret that Wade's peak fell off after 2011, and even his 2011 season, while good, still fall short of being a top 3 player that year with LeBron, Dwight, Dirk and CP3 all having stellar seasons.
    What Wade was July 1, 2010 is all that matters for this argument. Not what he turned into, but what LBJ teamed up with. You asked how that is relevant, and I ask you why is what Wade turned into once Lebron joined at all relevant to this argument? 08-09 and 09-10 seasons he was spectacular and as mentioned was top 5 in the MVP vote both years. I could care less about his numbers afterwards, as of course they were going to dip way down playing next to Lebron and Bosh.

OK, arguably top 10 but I would 100% put him in the top 15-20 range leading up to 2010 FA. He was 24/11 and a 5x All-Star before joining the Heat. Regarding Wade, see below.

What Wade was July 1, 2010 is all that matters for this argument. Not what he turned into, but what LBJ teamed up with. You asked how that is relevant, and I ask you why is what Wade turned into once Lebron joined at all relevant to this argument? 08-09 and 09-10 seasons he was spectacular and as mentioned was top 5 in the MVP vote both years. I could care less about his numbers afterwards, as of course they were going to dip way down playing next to Lebron and Bosh.
    Bosh himself would admit to never wanting to play that style nor at that weight class after that peak season tho. Dude quit on the team trying to make a playoff push his final year. If you look at all his other seasons and how he played in Miami without Bron or Wade on the court, he looks alot less like someone you could sell as a top-20 guy. Might still make it but its on the fringes.

Wade was declining before Bron ever showed up and every historian of the game knew it was only a matter of time before an undersized slasher with no range on his jumper deteriorated as he entered his 30's, especially one who had as many injuries and had hit the deck so often that his catchphrase was literally " fall down 7 times, stand up 8". I get that it was an unprecedented trio, primarily because Bron was at his apex and the other 2 were still in their prime but I hope no one is trying to suggest its anything remotely close what KD did.

He was huge in beating the Bulls. His injury the very next year devestated them.

Bosh got bodied by every bigman
    He had no gravity.

He had no gravity.

He was a good midrange shooter and in that era, the spacing wasn't as necessary in a league without strongside overloads. Bosh has the superior range but at around 28% on a few attempts a game to start his new role, I'll take the comparable outlet option but VASTLY superior defender/rebounder.

If you're trying to carry a team to the 8th seed, of course you take Bosh.

Bosh himself would admit to never wanting to play that style nor at that weight class after that peak season tho. Dude quit on the team trying to make a playoff push his final year. If you look at all his other seasons and how he played in Miami without Bron or Wade on the court, he looks alot less like someone you could sell as a top-20 guy. Might still make it but its on the fringes.

Wade was declining before Bron ever showed up and every historian of the game knew it was only a matter of time before an undersized slasher with no range on his jumper deteriorated as he entered his 30's, especially one who had as many injuries and had hit the deck so often that his catchphrase was literally " fall down 7 times, stand up 8". I get that it was an unprecedented trio, primarily because Bron was at his apex and the other 2 were still in their prime but I hope no one is trying to suggest its anything remotely close what KD did.
    I agree with what Bosh became, although my stance on what he was with TOR was still a top 15-20 guy. Miami could've honestly utilized that money a bit better in filling out their bench instead of giving Bosh a max salary and still won 2 titles during that 4-year stretch.

Chonz is triggered

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast