Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    Is Mitch even a free agent next year?

Knick vs Pels part two game thread

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    Mitch doesn't average 10 boards a game either. Mitch is a better rebounder for sure but I LOVE Noel's rim protecting. We are rebound as a team anyways, but I'd rather interior presence. Randle is our primary rebounder.
    Counting rebounds are a terrible stat. Most rebounds today are uncontested. Who do want getting those rebounds? Julius bc he can handle and create a fast break. We are a significantly better team rebounding team with Mitch on the floor. He also was are best offensive rebounder and kept more offensive rebounds live with his activity. Noel rim defense might be in a league of it own though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    I would argue that while Mitch does not necessarily have a better presence at the rim (than Noel), he is much better at defending the pick and roll and altering shots anywhere else.

On the rebounding point, all that shows is that Mitch is a really talented rebounder. Most of his boards are contested. We absolutely rebound as a team, but Mitch (and to a lesser extent Taj) are often in the trenches, boxing out, and creating opportunities for others. Mitch has one of the best box out rates among bigs.

Mitch is just the better player overall to me. All else equal, itís not particularly close who I would rather have between him and Noel.
    No doubt him and Mitch both totally put there bodies on the line. Great tone to set for a big

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

we are not better without Mitch but centers are much more easily replaceable. it may work out for us that we end up signing him to a very reasonable deal.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    we are not better without Mitch but centers are much more easily replaceable. it may work out for us that we end up signing him to a very reasonable deal.
    Noel is better on the perimeter we might be better without mitch especially considering what he might command in free agency

Mitch is freakishly more athletic, can guard perimeter, finish alley-oops...but cannot defend big bodied players in the post and has no offensive game. Noel can't either but to me, it seems like Noel has more heart, which isn't always tangible. I really like Mitch for what he is. But I've been turned off by his occasional comments of complaining.
    People always say Mitch has no offensive game and discount his offensive boards and ability to provide vertical spacing. Not many big men can provide the same.

Iím not sure where you get Noel has more heart than Mitch. I think both have had moments good and bad in their careers so far, but both put their bodies on the line like you said.

Not sure what complaining youíre referring to on Mitch.

People always say Mitch has no offensive game and discount his offensive boards and ability to provide vertical spacing. Not many big men can provide the same.

Iím not sure where you get Noel has more heart than Mitch. I think both have had moments good and bad in their careers so far, but both put their bodies on the line like you said.

Not sure what complaining youíre referring to on Mitch.
    well I mean obviously when I say offensive game I mean in terms of scoring or creating on his own. Offensive rebounding wasn't what I was referring to. Mitch has cryptically complained on social media about his lack of scoring opportunities. Google it and you'll see.

The Knicks are BACK...part 2

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Noel is better on the perimeter we might be better without mitch especially considering what he might command in free agency
    I actually think Mitch is better on the perimeter, but hands down Noel is better in the paint. Noel is 4th in the entire league in blocked shots...and that's been the case since before Mitch went down the first time. I like keeping this combo for next season but I think another team outbids for Noel this summer.

It doesn't make sense that we would be better without Mitch, but our record without him is better than with him. And we sure never won 6 games in a row with Mitch. Before this streak we didn't even win 4 games in a row this season.

Obviously there are other factors but besides the easy buckets he gets, I can't see we miss much that he offers.

Taj and Noel also play much faster consistently, just have a much higher understanding of what they have to do and the ability to do it quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    It doesn't make sense that we would be better without Mitch, but our record without him is better than with him. And we sure never won 6 games in a row with Mitch. Before this streak we didn't even win 4 games in a row this season.

Obviously there are other factors but besides the easy buckets he gets, I can't see we miss much that he offers.

Taj and Noel also play much faster consistently, just have a much higher understanding of what they have to do and the ability to do it quickly.
    Weíve been significantly better when Rose plays. How many games have Mitch and Rose played together?

Weíve been significantly better when Rose plays. How many games have Mitch and Rose played together?
    Fair point, they haven't played many, mitch got hurt in early february soon after we got Rose, then Rose got Covid in March and was out most of the month, then they played a couple of games at the end of March/early April and Mitch got hurt again. Valid point.

Having said that...I think opposing teams are more afraid to come in the paint with Noel, which helps our perimeter defense tremendously as well. Noel is more intimidating than Mitch, which yet again, is another intangible stat.

Fair point, they haven't played many, mitch got hurt in early february soon after we got Rose, then Rose got Covid in March and was out most of the month, then they played a couple of games at the end of March/early April and Mitch got hurt again. Valid point.

Having said that...I think opposing teams are more afraid to come in the paint with Noel, which helps our perimeter defense tremendously as well. Noel is more intimidating than Mitch, which yet again, is another intangible stat.
    I think thereís a reasonable case to be made for both sides, but Iíd argue the exact opposite.

Players arenít afraid to challenge Noel at the rim, and often Noel isnít in great position, which is why Noel has these crazy blocks that seemingly come out of nowhere. For example, in Dallas, on the block against DFS, Noel was almost under the basket and came out of nowhere to block his dunk, so much so that he hurt the back of his hand on the rim.

On the other hand, Mitch is often in better position, and I donít recall a ton of players challenging him at the rim in the same way.

I actually think Mitch is better on the perimeter, but hands down Noel is better in the paint. Noel is 4th in the entire league in blocked shots...and that's been the case since before Mitch went down the first time. I like keeping this combo for next season but I think another team outbids for Noel this summer.
    Mitch alters more shots at the rim and he can play vs bigger 5s i don't think you've been watching mitch switch on the perimeter this year it's been pretty bad but Mitch is way better in the paint on both sides

for tomorrow...

CHA@NYK
    Charlotte Hornets
    Ball, LaMelo Out Injury/Illness - Right Wrist; Fracture
    Darling, Nate Out Injury/Illness - Right Ankle; Sprain
    Graham, Devonte' Questionable Injury/Illness - Left Quad; Contusion
    Hayward, Gordon Out Injury/Illness - Right Foot; Sprain
    Monk, Malik Out Injury/Illness - Right Ankle; Sprain

New York Knicks
    Burks, Alec Out Health and Safety Protocols
    Robinson, Mitchell Out Injury/Illness - Right Foot; surgery

Is it me or does Payton play like he has no energy? He just looks like he doesn't care🤷*♂️🤣🤣

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast