Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    I think regardless of how you feel about Obi (high on his prospects or not), itís unlikely heís going to stick around just to be Juliusí backup. Itís not good for him, and itís a waste for us. If the right deal comes along (Hi Zach Lavine or KAT), Iím sure heíd be the first one included.
    I think he could be a Harrell type PF/C scorer. I just don't know if Thibs will trust him in the C part of that role or even if it is what is best for this team. Are we better off trying to implement a dynamic scoring PF/C off the bench (if Obi gets there) or maintaing 48 mins of elite rim protection?
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 04-20-2021 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    NO, those are the cap holds if Knicks don't renounce players, so that is what Frank is on the cap for, I've been trying to explain this to posters. Frank and his agent will not sit back and wait on the Knicks and the KNicks are not wasting any of that precious cap on Frank.

I still remain the way Dallas don't play defense, Frank fits there really well, and even in GS.
    got you

The Knicks are BACK...part 2

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Even without Toppin id rather spend money elsewhere and have players that allow for more versatility in play style.
    Do you really want to always have a guy on floor with 0 ball skills? I'd rather have the option of playing multiple ways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is a fair question, but what we lack in ball skills we make up for in elite defense. I think with dynamic guys like Rose/Quickly/Burks you aren't really lacking in the ability to play that way just because the C's sole focus is defense.

Even without Toppin id rather spend money elsewhere and have players that allow for more versatility in play style.
    Do you really want to always have a guy on floor with 0 ball skills? I'd rather have the option of playing multiple ways

Exactly

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    It is a fair question, but what we lack in ball skills we make up for in elite defense. I think with dynamic guys like Rose/Quickly/Burks you aren't really lacking in the ability to play that way just because the C's sole focus is defense.
    i think you need to read my post and figure out who we should go after in FA and then who we can retain. You can't have it all, that is why FO' jobs aren't as easy as fans think.

Personally I think the Knicks hold Obi and let Knox go, I guess that is pending who has more value to another team but i can't see both here next year, not what our cap looks like, not who the rumors are we are going after and not who we will be retaining.

You keep throwing Bullock and burks out there, you need to pick one or this years FA is not a good one if we retain both. I'd love to but assessing our situation it would only be if we fail yet again in FA.

Forget your two headed center of Mitch and Noel, can't happen Noel isn't waiting on us and we aren't signing him before we go after the bigger fish.

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    We already have Mitch locked in for next season.
    yea but dude was talking about signing both to big contracts which would be a bad move

I think regardless of how you feel about Obi (high on his prospects or not), itís unlikely heís going to stick around just to be Juliusí backup. Itís not good for him, and itís a waste for us. If the right deal comes along (Hi Zach Lavine or KAT), Iím sure heíd be the first one included.
    if we let mitch become a rfa he's easily looking at 15 mill and Noel is gonna get paid 10 to 12 mill

Thats horrible especially considering we have no real pg and still lack shooting

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    yea but dude was talking about signing both to big contracts which would be a bad move
    oh yea, for sure.

Personally, Iíd rather have 48 minutes of rim protection, and I think Thibs would too. The continuity provides our identity and helps the other guys understand their role.

if we let mitch become a rfa he's easily looking at 15 mill and Noel is gonna get paid 10 to 12 mill

Thats horrible especially considering we have no real pg and still lack shooting
    Only other suitor I know for Mitch would be Dallas. They will have some cap space with THJ's contract ending this summer.

Noel is getting 10-12M? I doubt that

Heís playing like he always has. Good rim protection, not much else. Heís in a perfect fit here. Maybe a slight raise over what heís getting now
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-20-2021 at 12:41 PM.

Personally, Iíd rather have 48 minutes of rim protection, and I think Thibs would too. The continuity provides our identity and helps the other guys understand their role.
    I think there is a level that demands you to be able to play at pace and score with ball movement more than we are capable. We are the slowest and near the bottom of the league in assists. Thibs might trade that for rim protection but I'm not sure if he should get to. I like Mike D too. I'm pretty sure Mike D was cool with having no real center on the team. Houston should have given him one. It might be a situation where a middle ground is best

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I think there is a level that demands you to be able to play at pace and score with ball movement more than we are capable. We are the slowest and near the bottom of the league in assists. Thibs might trade that for rim protection but I'm not sure if he should get to. I like Mike D too. I'm pretty sure Mike D was cool with having no real center on the team. Houston should have given him one. It might be a situation where a middle ground is best

Yeah I just donít see those issues as stemming from having Mitch, Noel, or Taj on the floor.

They stem from terrible PG play for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Noel is getting 10-12M? I doubt that

Heís playing like he always has. Good rim protection, not much else. Heís in a perfect fit here. Maybe a slight raise over what heís getting now
    He already turned down 50 mill from dal he had an off year in okc but now he's trending up again someone will definitely pay him

He already turned down 50 mill from dal he had an off year in okc but now he's trending up again someone will definitely pay him
    That was years ago. And that would have been a big mistake. No one giving him that money again. Heís the same player heís always been. Zero improvements offensively. Just a few years older than he was.

We talk about possible numbers for Mitch, heís basically a better, younger version of Mitch, with some possible upside

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast