Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    It doesn't make sense that we would be better without Mitch, but our record without him is better than with him. And we sure never won 6 games in a row with Mitch. Before this streak we didn't even win 4 games in a row this season.

Obviously there are other factors but besides the easy buckets he gets, I can't see we miss much that he offers.

Taj and Noel also play much faster consistently, just have a much higher understanding of what they have to do and the ability to do it quickly.
    If Mitch got hurt and we went on a 6 game streak shortly after maybe I would agree with you. But weíve seen this team for a looong time without Mitch. It wasnít any better than the team with Mitch until recently. This stretch weíre on would only be accentuated if Mitch was here.

The drop off from Mitch to Noel is not huge but it was evident whenever they were both in the lineup IMO. Mitch is getting better and likely would have continued to improve throughout the year if he stayed healthy and made us even better right now during our peak as a team.

Mitchís ceiling is still not even really visible. No one knows how good he can be down the road, which is a big factor in terms of locking him up long term. Noel is who he is. I want this team to have both of those guys for the next 4 years. That tandem is a load for any offense to handle.

Centers might not be that important to a lot of teams, but this team has built its identity around defense and more specifically paint/rim protection. Those guys are huge for us and huge for Thibs. 48 mins of Mitch/Noel gives us an edge every night.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    If Mitch got hurt and we went on a 6 game streak shortly after maybe I would agree with you. But weíve seen this team for a looong time without Mitch. It wasnít any better than the team with Mitch until recently. This stretch weíre on would only be accentuated if Mitch was here.

The drop off from Mitch to Noel is not huge but it was evident whenever they were both in the lineup IMO. Mitch is getting better and likely would have continued to improve throughout the year if he stayed healthy and made us even better right now during our peak as a team.

Mitchís ceiling is still not even really visible. No one knows how good he can be down the road, which is a big factor in terms of locking him up long term. Noel is who he is. I want this team to have both of those guys for the next 4 years. That tandem is a load for any offense to handle.

Centers might not be that important to a lot of teams, but this team has built its identity around defense and more specifically paint/rim protection. Those guys are huge for us and huge for Thibs. 48 mins of Mitch/Noel gives us an edge every night.
    the point is that they are making is our record percentage wise is better without Mitch, are we better without Mitch, of course not.

Who is to say with Mitch we aren't on a 9 game winning streak because maybe we win those games we lost by two to the Nets and Heat?

I think personally and to answer one question is Mitch can't make more than 12m that's his ext max but I think he'll take a hit because now he is injury prone and has 0 offense besides dunks and put backs.

Now Noel's had great moments, but he's has clunkers also, he has by far the worst hands in the NBA, he causes more TO's for his teammates then any other player in the history of the game. He is not a good rebounder, and it's not just the Adams of the league, or you guys are not paying attention.

We need Mitch and many forget he's still raw and growing as a player, you sign him now once again on the cheap you have a homerun. It will be interesting to see if he gets around 8m extension, which only the Knicks can offer him, so there is that.

"With this team, I don't have to do much," Rose said. "When I was in Chicago, I always had the pressure of having to score 25-30 points every night for us to even have a chance. Here, I can kind of see what the game needs and just try to adjust.

"It's great being on a great young team where everybody's locked in, and everybody loves playing with one another, and everybody's on the same page, and that's to win games."

Rose is averaging 13.1 points and 24 minutes a game, doing whatever the Knicks need him to do. He hasnít been on a winning team since the 2017-18 Timberwolves and he is enjoying this. The Knicks are four games over .500, on a six-game win streak and making a push toward the No. 4 seed in the East.

"I havenít had this feeling in a long time, let alone been on a winning streak," Rose said. "Iím grateful to be in this situation every night."

Newsday sports writer Barbara Barker is photographed in
    By Barbara Barker

Rose on the low has been one of the best trades during the season for any team.

Hes been everything we could of asked for, how much hes matured mentally and bball iq wise is crazy. I didn't think he would be a guy who could lose so much athleticism and still thrive.

This win streak makes me worried about how many teams may start to want to take our players in the off season, and price us out.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    the point is that they are making is our record percentage wise is better without Mitch, are we better without Mitch, of course not.

Who is to say with Mitch we aren't on a 9 game winning streak because maybe we win those games we lost by two to the Nets and Heat?

I think personally and to answer one question is Mitch can't make more than 12m that's his ext max but I think he'll take a hit because now he is injury prone and has 0 offense besides dunks and put backs.

Now Noel's had great moments, but he's has clunkers also, he has by far the worst hands in the NBA, he causes more TO's for his teammates then any other player in the history of the game. He is not a good rebounder, and it's not just the Adams of the league, or you guys are not paying attention.

We need Mitch and many forget he's still raw and growing as a player, you sign him now once again on the cheap you have a homerun. It will be interesting to see if he gets around 8m extension, which only the Knicks can offer him, so there is that.
    I feel Noel defense and scoring is better then Mitch unlike Mitch who needs alleyoops Noel has shown soft touch near the rim and better FT shooting also.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Knick vs Pels part two game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Letsgo2020 View Post
    Is it me or does Payton play like he has no energy? He just looks like he doesn't care[emoji1745]*[emoji3603][emoji1787][emoji1787]
    Itís you. It doesnít make up for his lack of game but he scraps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 04-19-2021 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Itís you. It doesnít make up for his lack of game but he scraps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    actually i've noticed it a lot and comment at home watching him, he has lots of lazy minutes for sure, seems to not care all the time.

Rose on the low has been one of the best trades during the season for any team.

Hes been everything we could of asked for, how much hes matured mentally and bball iq wise is crazy. I didn't think he would be a guy who could lose so much athleticism and still thrive.
    come on admit how much you miss DSJ LOL

come on admit how much you miss DSJ LOL
    At one point I said he could become a rose type player.

It really goes to show that talent and ability is a small part of it all, bball iq, and instincts are just as important, and just flat out having a good feel for the game.

DSJ will never have that. It still boggles my mind to see a player with that talent make it this far, and really have no clue what hes doing on the court.

wow no Leviine yet Bulls up on boston, it's got way too much time left and Boston has won all these close games but damn, come on Bulls, up 4 with 8 min left.

Tatum 2-11 thank you, keep missing lol

vuc with 25 points
    Last edited by still a fan; 04-19-2021 at 09:19 PM.

Curry vs Curry tonight no Simmons have to say big bro is holding his on although Step has 25 but he does have 15

Curry vs Curry tonight no Simmons have to say big bro is holding his on although Step has 25 but he does have 15
    I still have to question why we seemingly had zero interest in signing Seth

At one point I said he could become a rose type player.

It really goes to show that talent and ability is a small part of it all, bball iq, and instincts are just as important, and just flat out having a good feel for the game.

DSJ will never have that. It still boggles my mind to see a player with that talent make it this far, and really have no clue what hes doing on the court.
    Big part of it was how he completely lost his athletic ability

Lead-in to multiple Bojangles jokes

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Big part of it was how he completely lost his athletic ability

Lead-in to multiple Bojangles jokes
    He was still a negative player even what he had the athleticism.

The Bojangles era just showed how dependent he was on his athleticism.

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast