Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 346 to 360 of 472
  1. #346
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,537
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    He's not tho. He's a bigger name and was #2 pick so people give him benefit of the doubt but rubio is a good comp for him at this point of his career. He has potential and can take the next step but that's it. You're completely paying for potential. Because at his current level, he's not a good player.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Ricky Rubio who plays defense and shoots upper 30s from 3? Where do I sign up?!

  2. #347
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,537
    .
    Last edited by Bubba313; 04-19-2021 at 12:52 AM.

  3. #348
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    35,259
    Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    This off-season Iíd go all in on lillard and McCollum. Strike fast, strike Hard. This is the moment we got all our assets for

    RJ, Obi, quickly, Mitch, both 2021 FRP and both 2023 FRP

    2021-2022 lineup

    Pg - lillard / Rose
    Sg - McCollum / burks
    Sf - oubre/ bullock/ Knox
    Pf - Randle / Paul millsap
    C - Noel / taj/ pelle
    I like the concept, definitely thinking outside the box. Don't think that lineup is a contender though.

  4. #349
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,569

  5. #350
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    35,259
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanmusic View Post
    Lmao nah man, the way he's smiling so hard the dick tease is too obvious.

  6. #351
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    32,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Ricky Rubio who plays defense and shoots upper 30s from 3? Where do I sign up?!
    Yet rubio has had better defensive numbers than him throughout his career and also way higher assists.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

  7. #352
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    32,968
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanmusic View Post
    This is so far in the future talk that it is pretty meaningless at the moment imo. This is like 4+ years away

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

  8. #353
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,537
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Yet rubio has had better defensive numbers than him throughout his career and also way higher assists.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Iím not saying letís go all in on Lonzo. I just think some people are taking it too far in the opposite direction.

    I think Rubio was a decent defender throughout his career, but Lonzo is better. Iím not sure what numbers youíre referring to, but there was a stat circulated earlier this year showing Lonzo takes on the toughest defensive assignments in the NBA on a nightly basis. Heís very good.

    As for the assists, the offense runs through Zion and Ingram. For Lonzo to still put up assist numbers in a secondary role is still impressive.

    I like Lonzo. I donít know if heís the best fit for us. I see him as more of a Haliburton PG/SG hybrid, than the traditional PG we may need. Still a very useful player though.

  9. #354
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    12,890
    Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    This off-season Iíd go all in on lillard and McCollum. Strike fast, strike Hard. This is the moment we got all our assets for

    RJ, Obi, quickly, Mitch, both 2021 FRP and both 2023 FRP

    2021-2022 lineup

    Pg - lillard / Rose
    Sg - McCollum / burks
    Sf - oubre/ bullock/ Knox
    Pf - Randle / Paul millsap
    C - Noel / taj/ pelle

  10. #355
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    12,890
    This is the funniest **** ever half of yall are overrating ball the other half are under rating him

    Now my point is idk if ball is worth even 18 mill

  11. #356
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,235
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    now i'm not saying we have to get the guy, but he's not the first player in NBA history to make a bone head play.

    and what is sad is his coach was standing right there, what did he yell to stay on Bullocks, because it happened in the spur of the moment and Ball messed up, it happens.

    I've seen RJ make some bone head plays also should we not want him?

    Again i'm not saying go for Ball, I have others ahead of him, but it was one dumb play for a guy who is touted as a good defensive player.

    I still think he did it for us lol
    Its Ball's instincts not to give up a wide open layup that made that bonehead play. At least it shows he cares about defense, and that's all Thibs need from player. With proper coaching I believe Ball will be a better defender in NY. To be fair, the Pels coaching staff should be blamed on that play as well.


  12. #357
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    51,217
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanmusic View Post
    omg. I've heard players say they like playing here or there, but to come out and first words i'm glad you ask me that, and then he had to say NO but then after right back at the Garden,

    He won't want to be in a small market for his career that is for sure.

    Ok here comes the count down to save up that cap, years down the line lol

  13. #358
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    36,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Iím not saying letís go all in on Lonzo. I just think some people are taking it too far in the opposite direction.

    I think Rubio was a decent defender throughout his career, but Lonzo is better. Iím not sure what numbers youíre referring to, but there was a stat circulated earlier this year showing Lonzo takes on the toughest defensive assignments in the NBA on a nightly basis. Heís very good.

    As for the assists, the offense runs through Zion and Ingram. For Lonzo to still put up assist numbers in a secondary role is still impressive.

    I like Lonzo. I donít know if heís the best fit for us. I see him as more of a Haliburton PG/SG hybrid, than the traditional PG we may need. Still a very useful player though.
    Hali has more scoring potential though, he's already scoring 13ppg in 30mpg, something it took Lonzo 4 seasons to do, shooting over 40% from 3 and 84% at the FT line. Lonzo scored only 10ppg in 34mpg his rookie year, and he's never shot 40% from 3 either.

    just makes it worse that we passed on him and have to go after a lesser, older, much more expensive version now.

  14. #359
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    51,217
    Quote Originally Posted by sharqstealth View Post
    Its Ball's instincts not to give up a wide open layup that made that bonehead play. At least it shows he cares about defense, and that's all Thibs need from player. With proper coaching I believe Ball will be a better defender in NY. To be fair, the Pels coaching staff should be blamed on that play as well.
    I mean for gundy to be standing right there, he's the coach, he should be yelling like thibs does and say to Ball stay up, stay up, Rose' was let go once he drove and that was the right defense, Ball blew it but again Bullock was standing ten feet from Gundy, just like it's an instinct reaction for the player it was for the coach as well being that he was right there.

    And then Adams who could of reached out and touched Ball made his gesture after the play but damn guy you were right there, and your mouth stayed shut, Ball gets the blame but Pels get the assist and this has happened all year to them, they have blown more leads then any team in the league and some have been big leads.

    coaching, inexperience, both? You have Adams and Bledsoe who have been around for awhile it's not like they have a bunch of rookies playing,
    Ingram was drafted in 2016, and Ball in 2017, something is not right in Pel town, they need to overhaul that roster, Ingram and Zion are great but they don't have the camaraderie and chemistry the Knicks have, is that the coach, because Knicks didn't have it till this year?

  15. #360
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    13,892
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I mean for gundy to be standing right there, he's the coach, he should be yelling like thibs does and say to Ball stay up, stay up, Rose' was let go once he drove and that was the right defense, Ball blew it but again Bullock was standing ten feet from Gundy, just like it's an instinct reaction for the player it was for the coach as well being that he was right there.

    And then Adams who could of reached out and touched Ball made his gesture after the play but damn guy you were right there, and your mouth stayed shut, Ball gets the blame but Pels get the assist and this has happened all year to them, they have blown more leads then any team in the league and some have been big leads.

    coaching, inexperience, both? You have Adams and Bledsoe who have been around for awhile it's not like they have a bunch of rookies playing,
    Ingram was drafted in 2016, and Ball in 2017, something is not right in Pel town, they need to overhaul that roster, Ingram and Zion are great but they don't have the camaraderie and chemistry the Knicks have, is that the coach, because Knicks didn't have it till this year?
    Stan sucks. Iíve never liked him

Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •