Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Are any of you fearful of a mass shooting where you work or near where you live?

My wife works at a children's hospital downtown and although they have security guards she seems to think it will happen there one day.

My son used to work at the FedEx Ground Facility where the shooting took place.

Thoughts?

Austin TX and I'm not fearful of a mass shooting on me or mine. There are plenty of more present threats.

I live in one of the highest gun owning states percapita, (I don't personally own one) you can bring a gun virtually anywhere in this state...

So to answer your question...No, I don't. Not even a little bit.

Fearful? No. Might that change as my daughter gets older? Yes.

No but Iíve been in my basement for over a year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    I live in one of the highest gun owning states percapita, (I don't personally own one) you can bring a gun virtually anywhere in this state...

So to answer your question...No, I don't. Not even a little bit.
    The following states have had mass shootings in 2021:

Indiana
    Tennessee
    Georgia
    Kansas
    Washington
    Missouri
    Connecticut
    Michigan
    Texas
    Wisconsin
    South Carolina
    New York
    Illinois
    Maryland
    Louisiana
    Alabama
    Florida
    North Carolina
    California
    Washington DC (I know not technically a state)
    Ohio
    Mississippi
    Pennsylvania
    Virginia
    Colorado
    Oregon
    Arizona
    New Mexico
    Delaware
    Minnesota
    Kentucky
    Iowa
    Arkansas

What does that leave? Like 10 states that didn't have one?
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The following states have had mass shootings in 2021:

Indiana
    Tennessee
    Georgia
    Kansas
    Washington
    Missouri
    Connecticut
    Michigan
    Texas
    Wisconsin
    South Carolina
    New York
    Illinois
    Maryland
    Louisiana
    Alabama
    Florida
    North Carolina
    California
    Washington DC (I know not technically a state)
    Ohio
    Mississippi
    Pennsylvania
    Virginia
    Colorado
    Oregon
    Arizona
    New Mexico
    Delaware
    Minnesota
    Kentucky
    Iowa
    Arkansas

What does that leave? Like 10 states that didn't have one?
    So not the one I live in.

What is the current definition of a mass shooting? Is it still 3 injured by gun shot? I think when most people hear about mass shootings their minds think of much larger events. I also wonder how many events happen where 2 people are injured by gun shot, and 4, 5, 6, 7+. The odd thing is, I think that data is largely unavailable because of the history of suppression of gun violence research.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    What is the current definition of a mass shooting? Is it still 3 injured by gun shot? I think when most people hear about mass shootings their minds think of much larger events. I also wonder how many events happen where 2 people are injured by gun shot, and 4, 5, 6, 7+. The odd thing is, I think that data is largely unavailable because of the history of suppression of gun violence research.
    Yes, and said supression was made into law ó and maintained ó by our own delightful dipshits in Congress.

In 1996, Arkansas Rep. Jay Dickey, a lifelong NRA member and self-described ďpoint manĒ for the NRA, inserted this provision into the federal spending bill that targeted the CDCís $2.6 million in annual funding to study gun violence: ďNone of the funds made available for injury prevention and control at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention may be used to advocate or promote gun control.Ē As a result,the National Center for Injury Control and Prevention, the research arm that had produced the 1993 study, was disbanded...In 2009, the NIHís National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism funded a study that examined whether carrying a gun increases or decreases the risk of firearm assault. In 2012, Congress extended the CDC language to all Department of Health and Human Services agencies, including the NIH.

https://www.ucsusa.org/resources/how...lence-research

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    So not the one I live in.
    Ok so you havenít had one yet. Iím glad to hear that. But Iím sure your state has looser gun restrictions than...checks notes...Texas, Alabama, Tennessee...

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Most common definitions are four people injured and that number can include the shooter themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    No but Iíve been in my basement for over a year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You too?!?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Ok so you havenít had one yet. Iím glad to hear that. But Iím sure your state has looser gun restrictions than...checks notes...Texas, Alabama, Tennessee...

Most common definitions are four people injured and that number can include the shooter themselves.
    Got curious, and apparently it is generally considered 3 NOT including the shooter by our government, and supposedly that is based on https://www.congress.gov/bill/112th-...nate-bill/1793 which is still a little vague.

Apparently there is an active shooter situation right now about 4 miles from me. They think they know who did the shooting but don't know where he is. 3 dead so far.

Looks like the news was a little late getting to me. It happened some hours ago and was a domestic?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/18/us/au...ead/index.html

I am not.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast