Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

NBA: Injury rate down 6%

Amid a spate of high-profile injuries, the NBA reported Friday that the injury rate is down 6% from last season and in the five-year norm.
    “Injuries are incredibly unfortunate,” said NBA senior vice president David Weiss, who helps oversee all the health and safety efforts for the league. “We hate to see them. They’ve always been a part of the game, and how we’re seeing them this year is not that different from how we’ve seen them in recent seasons: lower than some, higher than others.”
    Murray’s injury raised the question of how this year’s schedule — with teams playing 3.6 games per week, up 5% from last year — could have increased the risk factor for players. The NBA data doesn’t support the notion of blaming the schedule, which this year compressed 72 games into 146 days, as opposed to the usual 82 games into 177 days. The schedule further tightened for many teams because of coronavirus-related issues and reschedulings.
    “You can see the fatigue on our players,” Denver coach Michael Malone said this week. “You can see it on their bodies, in their body language.”
    The Nuggets were at the end of a five-games-in-seven-days stretch when Murray got hurt. Murray did not play in the first four games because of soreness in his right knee, not the one he injured late in Monday’s game at Golden State. That game was Murray’s first in eight days.
    - Tim Reynolds, The Associated Press
    Last edited by mrblisterdundee; 04-17-2021 at 04:18 PM.

I'd be interested to see what they consider an injury. Then also look at the massive injuries this season compared to others.

Like what constitutes an injury for this metric to say they're down 6%.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I'd be interested to see what they consider an injury. Then also look at the massive injuries this season compared to others.

Like what constitutes an injury for this metric to say they're down 6%.
    It’s time spent off because of injury. So I guess it’s up to what teams think is an injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    It’s time spent off because of injury. So I guess it’s up to what teams think is an injury.

Days off vs missed games I assume, because with the condensed season games missed is a bigger problem.

And that’s with Thibodeau back in the league

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

It seems like more players were injured this year because of time missed due to Covid protocol