Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

New York Mets @ Colorado Rockies

They will, they just need to play enough games in a row to get into a rhythm. Itís nice to see this pitching staff having a QS every outing.

The pen has been solid so far.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by iceman49 View Post
    follow the guy on twitter

he gets into fights daily with the fanbase and anyone who dares to question him is racist

u know hes a distraction when u see how thrilled all his teamates were to see him go in toronto
    Having an opinion on race on Twitter is off-field antics? Who gives a **** if he's opinionated. Did he commit a crime, take PEDs, cheat? Oh, I forgot: he exercised his right to opt out during a pandemic and he has strong opinions about the racial turmoil in our country (BTW, his father is a policeman). The player I've seen has been 100% committed to fitness, getting better and being a solid teammate. We've had druggies, homophobes, sex addicts, sexual harassers, repeat PED offenders, domestic abusers and more, and "antics" is what we're worried about from Marcus Stroman?

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    Having an opinion on race on Twitter is off-field antics? Who gives a **** if he's opinionated. Did he commit a crime, take PEDs, cheat? Oh, I forgot: he exercised his right to opt out during a pandemic and he has strong opinions about the racial turmoil in our country (BTW, his father is a policeman). The player I've seen has been 100% committed to fitness, getting better and being a solid teammate. We've had druggies, homophobes, sex addicts, sexual harassers, repeat PED offenders, domestic abusers and more, and "antics" is what we're worried about from Marcus Stroman?
    The old adage of shut-up and dribble or shut-up and run, now is shut-up and pitch.

Funny how nobody mention Syndergaard and his Twitter fights to make a point, but Stroman? He is a problem because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    The old adage of shut-up and dribble or shut-up and run, now is shut-up and pitch.

Funny how nobody mention Syndergaard and his Twitter fights to make a point, but Stroman? He is a problem because of it.
    People don't like extroverted athletes, especially extroverted and opinionated athletes of color. Make your millions and stop interjecting your opinion on real world issues.

Yeah I never understood the people who mention Stroman off the field antics. He deals with so many bigots and racists on a daily basis. I don't love his on the field antics but his Twitter is fine by me.

Syndergaard on the other hand for twitter....

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Yeah I never understood the people who mention Stroman off the field antics. He deals with so many bigots and racists on a daily basis. I don't love his on the field antics but his Twitter is fine by me.

The second Syndergaard starts underperforming, people are gonna begin to tear him apart on social media.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Stroman is an undersized athlete who has, since his father pushed him as a child, worked extremely hard to maximize his abilities. He feeds off of his confidence and likes to strut to maintain it. There's a danger in that, because I worry that any prolonged adversity might get inside his head too much. I hope he's mature enough to find a way to overcome adversity and not let detractors get inside his head. We'll see.

The other danger is he may rub the other team the wrong way and get Lindor beamed with a fastball

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    But...but...but...McCann.
    Still an overpay imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

The other danger is he may rub the other team the wrong way and get Lindor beamed with a fastball

That's a possibility. Then again, the hitters seem to be able to celebrate any way they want. He seems to be talking more to himself then the opposition, too.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    He's black, which isn't allowed with some fans.

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    That's a possibility. Then again, the hitters seem to be able to celebrate any way they want. He seems to be talking more to himself then the opposition, too.
    Yeah, he is not pointing at batters but more of hyping himself up.

But I can see how somebody might take offense to it.

Sign Marcus, bye bye Noah

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Still an overpay imo.

Of course its your opinion.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Still an overpay imo.

That might be true but still worth it for the upgrade. Being able to overpay on occasion is a refreshing change of pace for this team.

Also, there were limited C options who would have been significant improvements. The Mets still arenít necessarily an attractive destination yet either.

They would have had to overpay Realmuto too because he didnít seem that keen on coming to the Mets. The overpay for Realmuto would have been for much more money though. Not sure the difference in production would have been worth it given all the other needs the team needed to address in one offseason.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast