Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Draft Game?

Draft Game?

I know we don't have a ton of activity in here anymore but, is there any interest in doing the draft game we used to on the site?

here is a link to an old thread of what I am talking about http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ock-Draft-Game

if we get enough interested I will post up the thread and you guys can put in your picks and if who ever scores the most could win a prize, not sure what it is right at the moment could be a gift card or could be an autographed 8x10 from my collection.

what do you guys think?

I'd be game. I dont need a prize or anything, so that doesn't need to be part of this if we do it in my mind. It's been pretty dead around here lately, so hopefully a few more jump back in, but I'd play.

So, for what it's worth, that link doesn't work for me. But if I remember correctly. I think we usually did you pick 3 guys in ranked order for each pick and it's something like 5 pts if we draft your 1st guy, 3 for your 2nd and 1 for your 3rd. And you also get a point if you have the right guy in a different round.

For example (with guys we won't be able to get) , you say
    Packers first pick:
    1. Jamar Chase
    2. Patrick Surtain
    3. Kyle Pitts

If we take Chase, it's worth 5, points, surtain is worth 3 and pitts is worth 1. And if we took Chase in the 2nd or 3rd round or something, you'd get 2 point for him then too.

The goal is to correctly pick the players we draft in the correct round. You're given 3 player guesses per pick.

5 points for predicting the player you had in slot 1 in the correct round.
    3 points for slot 2 in the correct round.
    2 points for slot 3 in the correct round.
    1 point for the wrong round.

For Example:
    Round 1:
    Slot 1- Forest Lamp - OL - W Ken
    Slot 2-Takkarist McKinley - OLB - UCLA
    Slot 3- Quincy Wilson- CB - FL

If for example, we were to select Lamp in round 2, you would receive one point for correctly predicting a player we drafted but in the incorrect round.

Only other rules are this;

*You're allowed to repeat names but only can be awarded points for them once. Say you had Takkarist McKinley for round 2 as well, you would not get 3+1 ( 3 for correct round and 1 for incorrect round). Only 3.

*You will not be able to edit, obviously, once the first team goes on the clock. I (or a more frequent user hopefully) will move all entries into this thread an hour or two before it starts, and they will be locked.

*If we have comp or trade picks, it doesn't matter which one. If you had someone for the first pick and they go in the comp slot, still regular points for the correct round.

You can go ahead and post and reserve a slot and finish this whenever you want, you have all up to draft day to finish it.

I would really appreciate it we would all use this format.

Round 1 (#29)
    Slot 1-
    Slot 2-
    Slot 3-

Round 2 (#61)
    Slot 1-
    Slot 2-
    Slot 3-

Round 3 (#93)
    Slot 1-
    Slot 2-
    Slot 3-

Round 4 (#134)
    Slot 1-
    Slot 2-
    Slot 3-

Round 5 (#174)
    Slot 1-
    Slot 2-
    Slot 3-

Round 5 (#184)
    Slot 1-
    Slot 2-
    Slot 3-

Round 6 (#214)
    Slot 1-
    Slot 2-
    Slot 3-

Round 7 (#247)
    Slot 1-
    Slot 2-
    Slot 3-

-----------------------------------------
    Bonus: Name 4 UDFAs (1 extra point per correct answer
    1-
    2-
    3-
    4-

You're free to leave it partially blank, especially UDFAs if you don't wanna go that deep. Don't blame ya if ya don't.

here are the game rules to give you a guys an idea if the link doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I'd be game. I dont need a prize or anything, so that doesn't need to be part of this if we do it in my mind. It's been pretty dead around here lately, so hopefully a few more jump back in, but I'd play.
    I was just hoping the offering of a prize would bring people in lol

Iím in.

With it without the prize