Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 293
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    108,272
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    If the bad guy doesn't have the gun, the "good" guy doesn't need it. The first example in the blog is perfect. If gun laws prevent the first guy from getting the gun, the "good" guy doesn't need to pull his out.

    And aren't you christian? Or only when it's convenient? Doesn't Jesus teach to turn the other cheek, love thy neighbour, do unto others, etc, etc, etc.
    Not white Jesus. White Jesus loves his guns and hates immigrants and loves the rich.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    17,570
    Please explain what Christianity has to do with gun laws....or immigration for that matter.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  3. #48
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    4,445
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I've found that eating broccoli every day prevents alien invasions. That has just about as much evidence backing it up as these numbers.
    Of course you can't admit you are wrong. You need to double down on how incorrect your belief system is. No worries, I'll defend your right to be incredibly wrong.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    10,002
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Try refuting the fact and not the source. You might get somewhere if you debate legally.
    You do know that is *** backwards right? The source, if reliable and providing the necessary data, proves the fact. Not the other way around.

    You want to prove your point fine, but your source is 26 years old on this one. Was just letting you know that when folks don't take you at your word.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    17,570
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I've found that eating broccoli every day prevents alien invasions. That has just about as much evidence backing it up as these numbers.
    Your ridiculous analogy aside, are you suggesting the presence of guns does NOT save lives at times?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  6. #51
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,647
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Please explain what Christianity has to do with gun laws....or immigration for that matter.
    The same thing lefties have to do with some random media article. Guilt via association.

    Isnít that what you were all about in other threads just based on different group identity? Why does this one bother you if you take that type of approach towards others?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    100,562
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Your ridiculous analogy aside, are you suggesting the presence of guns does NOT save lives at times?
    Woah woah woah...it's not my job to defend why the thing that I claim prevents alien invasions does it. It's you're job to prove that it doesn't...clearly you're not familiar with Russell's teapot.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,889
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Woah woah woah...it's not my job to defend why the thing that I claim prevents alien invasions does it. It's you're job to prove that it doesn't...clearly you're not familiar with Russell's teapot.
    Didnít you hear? Perseverance sent back pictures of the teapot on its way to Mars.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    17,570
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Woah woah woah...it's not my job to defend why the thing that I claim prevents alien invasions does it. It's you're job to prove that it doesn't...clearly you're not familiar with Russell's teapot.
    And clearly you've not answered my question.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    17,570
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    The same thing lefties have to do with some random media article. Guilt via association.

    Isnít that what you were all about in other threads just based on different group identity? Why does this one bother you if you take that type of approach towards others?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Where was I 'bothered'? I asked for an explanation.
    However, Christian is a narrower focus than 'lefties', too.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    100,562
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    And clearly you've not answered my question.
    So have you conceded that broccoli has kept this country safe from alien invasions? You haven't provided any evidence that it doesn't.

    For those not aware of the obvious...there isn't any proof that guns don't save lives. I believe that in the hands of police and trained individuals that they are helpful. But when you have more guns than people, then I think on the whole they cause more harm than good.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  12. #57
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,647
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Where was I 'bothered'? I asked for an explanation.
    However, Christian is a narrower focus than 'lefties', too.
    Oh, well that is what it has to do with it then. It's an association to conservative beliefs because a massive majority of conservatives/republicans are Christian. Just like many more people that watch that news station are left wing so you associate the two. The mocking of "white jesus" I think is referencing that specific type of person the conservative christian.

    What do you mean by that? Christianity covers a very large amount of topics/areas of focus throughout as far as my experiences go. It is essentially life lessons/teachings across many areas.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    17,570
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    So have you conceded that broccoli has kept this country safe from alien invasions? You haven't provided any evidence that it doesn't.

    For those not aware of the obvious...there isn't any proof that guns don't save lives. I believe that in the hands of police and trained individuals that they are helpful. But when you have more guns than people, then I think on the whole they cause more harm than good.
    Once again, I had no need to talk brocolli.

    So, the answer to my question of whether guns can save lives is....yes.
    That wasn't so hard, now, was it? Only took you two tries.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    100,562
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Once again, I had no need to talk brocolli.

    So, the answer to my question of whether guns can save lives is....yes.
    That wasn't so hard, now, was it? Only took you two tries.
    I asked you a ridiculous hypothetical just as you did.

    As far as my answer, the way that we have gun laws in this country the answer is that they cause more harm than good. I believe that in order to own a firearm of any time you should have to pass an extremely detailed and multipart training like police do. They are too dangerous and offer the ability to kill or maim far too many people without proving you are able (mentally and physically) to wield one. As I noted, they do more harm than good the way we allow them here.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    17,570
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Oh, well that is what it has to do with it then. It's an association to conservative beliefs because a massive majority of conservatives/republicans are Christian. Just like many more people that watch that news station are left wing so you associate the two. The mocking of "white jesus" I think is referencing that specific type of person the conservative christian.

    What do you mean by that? Christianity covers a very large amount of topics/areas of focus throughout as far as my experiences go. It is essentially life lessons/teachings across many areas.
    Not exactly the same thing. Christianity the religion is not the same thing as stating what a conservative that may or may not be Christian thinks.

    and I didn't even get into it, but thanks for reminding people the use of 'white Jesus' is mocking Christianity
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •