Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    First Bolded: My sources point to stricter gun control laws. Again, it's obvious you haven't read them or you'd know that. I posted the highlights of the articles, but that was by no means all they said. I can post those if you're too lazy to actually read them.

Second Bolded: No, I do not.

Third Bolded: I'm aware it's possible to believe in different solutions to the same problem, thank you.

Here's a life lesson for you: never discuss in ignorance. It's obvious you haven't done any research into the topic (you admitted as much regarding European gun laws), so why do you continue to act like you have some informed opinion on the subject?

Fourth Bolded: I admit I'm stubborn. I admit my flaws, but you're pretty stubborn too to not want to read up on the subject you're discussing.

Don't tell me your ignorance isn't coming to play here.
    I'm already for stricter gun control laws so why would I continue dreading over sources that I've already agreed with already?

'Informed opinion.'

That's the difference. I'm offering MY opinion. You're disguising your opinion as fact.

If you're not supporting a federal gun ban, then what are you disputing? How many times do I need to repeat myself and say there needs to be stricter gun laws?

My ignorance isn't coming to play here because it seems we're both saying the same thing. Your sources are irrelevant here. We don't want a federal gun ban and we want tighter gun restrictions. What is the issue here, really?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I believe in Connecticut the citizen has to petition the police who must petition the court.
    So it transfers a step so some other body which in turn brings it to a judge (perhaps a special judge(set of judges) that only handles these types of complaints)
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

While Connecticut does not have a red flag law in the traditional sense, we do have what are called firearms removal laws that act in a similar way. It currently does not allow family or household members to petition for the removal of a firearm. Rather, they allow law enforcement or a stateís attorney to file for a seizure of firearm or ammunition from a person that they deem is high-risk or dangerous. Depending on the circumstances, law enforcement may also request a search and seizure warrant to remove any firearms or ammunition from the premises of the respondent.

If passed, the new law would simply increase the number of people who can petition for investigation and possible removal.

By the way, if you can read, youíll note it says nothing about neighbors.

Sorry to hear your neighbors are not your friends. Not surprised to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Sorry to hear your neighbors are not your friends. Not surprised to be honest
    Good to know that you are intimate with your neighbors. Very Biblical.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Good to know that you are intimate with your neighbors. Very Biblical.
    Whatever keeps you going I guess

https://www.yahoo.com/news/family-me...221241306.html

Saw this story. Itís disheartening to me that gun violence is so commonplace this situation where a family literally set a trap and shot someone to death is portrayed as a case of mistake identity, like it was just a common mistake.

Poor guy just trying to get home when he the bad luck to run into stupid callous people. I hope they send them up for a very long time. A pre-meditated murder even if was the wrong guy.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920