Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Dude, I don't know how much more direct I can be. You're claiming I don't read the sources but your sources state the underlying assumption that more guns = more deaths which is why you ended up quoting that specific excerpt. Other sources point to stricter gun control laws which I've already agreed with... why do I need to mention it when I've stated it many times already?

Do you support a federal gun ban? Yes or no.

If you don't but want improved restrictions, I've already stated that I am in favor of that. Multiple times through multiple posts.

If you support a federal gun ban, meaning, no more legal ownership of guns, I am sorry but I don't support that.

Infantile platitudes? Yeah, I'm sorry I have to use them but it's because you're forcing me to repeat myself contentiously.

$1,000 to your paypal right now when you find me explicitly denying that more guns equal more deaths. You know, valade. Life lesson (and I am 100% positive you are older than me so I don't even want to say it), it's entirely possible for two people to agree on the root causes of something while disagreeing with the solution to best fix it. Your constant need to be correct when I've made many attempts to illustrate to you that it's okay for us to agree while disagreeing is something you need to work on, respectfully. And I vividly remember you admitting to your stubbornness months ago. Let's stop acting like that isn't coming to play here.
    First Bolded: My sources point to stricter gun control laws. Again, it's obvious you haven't read them or you'd know that. I posted the highlights of the articles, but that was by no means all they said. I can post those if you're too lazy to actually read them.

Second Bolded: No, I do not.

Third Bolded: I'm aware it's possible to believe in different solutions to the same problem, thank you.

Here's a life lesson for you: never discuss in ignorance. It's obvious you haven't done any research into the topic (you admitted as much regarding European gun laws), so why do you continue to act like you have some informed opinion on the subject?

Fourth Bolded: I admit I'm stubborn. I admit my flaws, but you're pretty stubborn too to not want to read up on the subject you're discussing.

Don't tell me your ignorance isn't coming to play here.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Ex military is secret service level protection? But yeah, i lack intelligence...
    You very clearly inferred that your child deserved the same protection as the POTUS, smart guy.

The worst kind of person to discuss with is the one who refuses to read anything more into the subject because they believe they know it all.

Ignorant know it all's that cover up said ignorance with volume and bluster are a complete waste of time.

Here's a list of laws we could enact that would reduce gun related deaths:

1. A national database of firearms to track weapons sales (particularly how they end up in illegal hands)

2. A law mandating locked storage of all firearms and ammunition (estimated 6% reduction in deaths)

3. Repealing of "Right to Carry" laws, thus requiring special permit and licensing for concealed carry (estimated 3% reduction in deaths)

4. Elimination of Stand Your Ground laws (estimated 3% reduction in deaths)

5. Mandatory universal background checks and permit requirements (15% reduction in states that have it vs those that don't)

6. A law banning people convicted of violent misdemeanors from possessing firearms (18% reduction in states that have it vs those that don't)

7. Gun buy back programs (Mandatory buyback would result in 14% reduction)

8. Law Enforcement discretion (upon justification) to remove firearms from at risk persons.

Those would significantly reduce the number of gun deaths in this country.
    Last edited by valade16; 05-12-2021 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You very clearly inferred that your child deserved the same protection as the POTUS, smart guy.
    Meaning someone with a firearm. We use people with firearms to protect politicians, money, etc. But kids aren't good enough.

I said ex military. You said secret service, genius...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue6 View Post
    Sorry. I would, however, throw out the first ceremonial stone. Personally, I see Donald drawn and quartered. Necessitating the use of at least Clydesdales or perhaps even bulldozers.
    Going medieval is nice but too fast and bush league, I am sorry to say, my friend.

First a walk of Shame that was done in the "Game of Throne" like the queen in the show, he will be forced to atone for his sins with a buck nake stroll through a jeering crowd in DC. Soft fruit and horse dung will be provided. While he walks, Pelosi and Maxine, who he hates, robed and walking behind him ringing a bell while saying "Shame, Shame. This was suggested by another poster. Of course, it will be televised since we know how much a media hog he is.

Some prison family time with the boys, Donnie jr, Ivana's husband where they keep a large number of Latin Kings with the promises they won't have any showable scars and all their organs functioning afterward. tattooed and release to work in a major city in the north at a Chucky Cheese for the rest of their lives. Paper hats and name tags. They can live in a car during the winter and parks at other times. A site with a public toilet will be provided. Can't have Trump continuing to crap all over the place. He enjoyed the best life, so let him experience the worst of lives. Having nothing

After leaving prison, Ivanka will marry Cornpop and walk other people dogs with a small pooper scooper spoon

Yes, I have too much time on my hand lately.
    Last edited by WES445; 05-12-2021 at 05:23 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Going medieval is nice but too fast and bush league, I am sorry to say, my friend.

First a walk of Shame that was done in the "Game of Throne" like the queen in the show, he will be forced to .
    We keep the Clydesdales. Never rode a horse.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

The president is just a person. It's no different.
    Saying dumb things confidently doesn't make them true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Saying dumb things confidently doesn't make them true.

Many people, including former presidents George Washington and Abraham Lincoln, would agree with me. The president is like any other person.

Maybe i should have used the orange man as the example. Cause we all know orange man bad grrrrrr!!!
    Classic.

Many people, including former presidents George Washington and Abraham Lincoln, would agree with me. The president is like any other person.
    Neither one of those two would say that. They aren't stupid.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Nope. Rufus and I took took the time machine and asked

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Switzerland has mandatory military service which both provides responsible firearm training and explains why so many people have a gun. They also have a ton of more regulations on guns sales and ownership (a registry, licensing, attempts to prevent people with a violent past, drug, alcohol, or mental health problem from getting licenses, and many have to to take a test on how use a firearm).

Sadly they donít have any of these things for bats and knives so the number of murders per capita is roughly the same

Actually, when you leave the military you're allowed to buy the gun that was issued to you directly from the govt. Unlike all the activists here who talk about "there is no need for people to own a military-grade weapon" (despite the fact that YOU CAN'T in the USA, and things like the AR-15 ARE NOT military weapons) in Switzerland, they DO sell military weapons to their citizens.
    When your in the military and off duty you take your military-grade weapon home with you.

First of all, Russia doesn't have the same homicide rate, they have TWICE the homicide rate. Secondly, what do you mean it's SAD they don't have the same regulations around knives and bats (I don't think they have many baseball bats in Russia, to begin with) but how would you even go about regulating those things.

Hell, people in prisons MAKE knives out of **** lying around, look at photos of confiscated Shivs. There is no way you could regulate ownership of all blunt and sharp objects.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Neither one of those two would say that. They aren't stupid.
    Lincoln said "If I am killed, I can die but once; but to live in constant dread of it, is to die over and over again."

He was fond of disobeying anyone assigned to protect him.

Washington was very humble as well as president.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast