Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    The right keep saying that the only way to stop a bad person with a gun..... I guess there haven't been many good guys lately considering all these mass shootings when unchallenge.
    Mass shootings typically occur in gun free zones do they not? I wouldn’t expect there would be many good guys with guns in gun free zones.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    No I don’t. I think the more guns you put in an area, the more gun deaths you’re going to see.
    You mean murders or death by law enforcement?

No, we won't tolerate military or ex-military patrolling our streets as they did in South Africa decades ago.
    I like how the solution from the pro-2A crowd is a government occupation. It really exposes the hypocrisy in their support for 2A. Because they say its about protecting from tyranny.

No, we won't tolerate military or ex-military patrolling our streets as they did in South Africa decades ago.
    If you are willing to sacrifice someone's second amendment right, why wouldn't you be willing to sacrifice someone's fifth amendment right?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I like how the solution from the pro-2A crowd is a government occupation. It really exposes the hypocrisy in their support for 2A. Because they say its about protecting from tyranny.
    Im not advocating military run streets. Im advocating ex military working as public protection officers in schools and other public areas.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Mass shootings typically occur in gun free zones do they not? I wouldn’t expect there would be many good guys with guns in gun free zones.
    So gun free zone is the problem? So the only way to solve this problem is to arm everybody like the wild west?
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    This is fantastic marketing, but is really just the gun lobby's way of saying "the only thing better than one gun involved is two guns to be involved...double profits!". There is no real evidence or proof that more guns being involved is better.
    false.

there have been incidents where a civilian with a gun confronted a shooter with a gun.

add in police with their guns.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Im not advocating military run streets. Im advocating ex military working as public protection officers in schools and other public areas.
    We have that already in Virginia.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

I'd pay more taxes for that.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I'd pay more taxes for that.
    You would.

I meant in terms of our rights as in the bill of rights.
    Well I’ll bow to your Constitutional scholarship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    false.

there have been incidents where a civilian with a gun confronted a shooter with a gun.

add in police with their guns.
    False. How many times has that happened? Plus, we don't have another country with higher domestic shootings to tell one way or the other to judge if more guns helped. We are in uncharted water with this problem.

Plus, I wouldn't want to be the police coming into a pitch gun battle where they can't tell who is who. I heard one state is dropping the gun lessons requirements, so in mass shooting incidents, not stopping a robber, you could have untrained people slinging lead around trying to get a lone gunman.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

False. How many times has that happened? Plus, we don't have another country with higher domestic shootings to tell one way or the other to judge if more guns helped. We are in uncharted water with this problem.

Plus, I wouldn't want to be the police coming into a pitch gun battle where they can't tell who is who. I heard one state is dropping the gun lessons requirements, so in mass shooting incidents, not stopping a robber, you could have untrained people slinging lead around trying to get a lone gunman.
    Estimates vary but its anywhere between 500,000 to 3 million defensive uses of guns yearly. Regardless of the number, these are way more than the uses of gun related crimes yearly and certainly more than gun murders yearly. In fact, most gun violence, roughly 65% are due to suicides. I'd argue, the US has more of a mental health issue than a gun problem issue.

Estimates vary but its anywhere between 500,000 to 3 million defensive uses of guns yearly. Regardless of the number, these are way more than the uses of gun related crimes yearly and certainly more than gun murders yearly. In fact, most gun violence, roughly 65% are due to suicides. I'd argue, the US has more of a mental health issue than a gun problem issue.
    We do have a mental health issue, but as I’ve said dozens of times on here, studies show suicide rates increase with guns and they decrease with less guns, so it’s not like everyone who commits suicide with a gun would switch to pills; with less guns there’d be less suicides.

But beyond that, even taking out suicides, our gun crime rate is far and away higher than every other industrialized nation, in some cases by 10 or 20 times. That more guns equals more gun violence is not in dispute in any scientific sense, it’s been beyond proven at this point.

I will agree it is a mental health issue which would suggest more guns wouldn't be the answer.

Will Rogers

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast