Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Not exactly the same thing. Christianity the religion is not the same thing as stating what a conservative that may or may not be Christian thinks.

and I didn't even get into it, but thanks for reminding people the use of 'white Jesus' is mocking Christianity
    Of course it isn't, just like some random media outlet isn't actually representing what an actual lefty might think. That's the point of comparing the two, its the same type of approach.

It's moreso mocking a specific type of Christianity which is often the ones more associated with the conservative/right wing viewpoint. Again this is via association.

Christianity is quite broad though and even is often inserted into our politics. Under god is in the pledge. Abortion it is often religious reasons people will mention. People use their religious beliefs in moral arguments all the time which many morals help dictate our laws there is often connections. Our politicians regularily will point to their religious backgrounds/beliefs. Immigration as well based on my actual experience with Christians but I would argue it's in a different way than most may expect (charity and help). I do not think it is narrow at all it is more broad of a belief than left because many people see religion in many different way.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I asked you a ridiculous hypothetical just as you did.

As far as my answer, the way that we have gun laws in this country the answer is that they cause more harm than good. I believe that in order to own a firearm of any time you should have to pass an extremely detailed and multipart training like police do. They are too dangerous and offer the ability to kill or maim far too many people without proving you are able (mentally and physically) to wield one. As I noted, they do more harm than good the way we allow them here.
    Try to keep up. Your analogy wasn't in response to me. I'm not brett

Stating your opinion on gun laws also doesn't negate the answer to my question.
    'More harm than good' is your opinion.

So answer me this. A father grew up hunting deer and waterfowl with his dad and wants to do the same with his son. In many states, a child can get a hunting license when they're 12 years old. Most go through some sort of gun safety program, but I'm gathering you think that insufficient.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Of course it isn't, just like some random media outlet isn't actually representing what an actual lefty might think. That's the point of comparing the two, its the same type of approach.

It's moreso mocking a specific type of Christianity which is often the ones more associated with the conservative/right wing viewpoint. Again this is via association.

Christianity is quite broad though and even is often inserted into our politics. Under god is in the pledge. Abortion it is often religious reasons people will mention. People use their religious beliefs in moral arguments all the time which many morals help dictate our laws there is often connections. Our politicians regularily will point to their religious backgrounds/beliefs. Immigration as well based on my actual experience with Christians but I would argue it's in a different way than most may expect (charity and help). I do not think it is narrow at all it is more broad of a belief than left because many people see religion in many different way.
    It's always entertaining to me that it's impossible for someone to NOT use their beliefs in their work, but it's only a problem if it's a Christian using theirs.

Try to keep up. Your analogy wasn't in response to me. I'm not brett

Stating your opinion on gun laws also doesn't negate the answer to my question.
    'More harm than good' is your opinion.

So answer me this. A father grew up hunting deer and waterfowl with his dad and wants to do the same with his son. In many states, a child can get a hunting license when they're 12 years old. Most go through some sort of gun safety program, but I'm gathering you think that insufficient.
    I would need to know more about the gun safety program in question. Also if any state is going to authorize a youth to posses and use a gun does it make the parent or guardian legally liable for whatever the child does with it? If the child shoots someone (whether when hunting or not), does the parent or guardian receive punishment?
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

It's always entertaining to me that it's impossible for someone to NOT use their beliefs in their work, but it's only a problem if it's a Christian using theirs.
    What that must be written wrong or I don't get what you mean by it's only a problem if Christians use theirs? Are you claiming Christians out of all religions are the victims in how they are treated for their beliefs? They are the only ones?

I was pointing out a reality of how connected they are and why that association makes sense. If politicians/people want to constantly use religion as reasoning for their political beliefs then people will point it out if someone is trying to ask about what connection there is. That's it, it's obviously connected and I was showing how. You asked what Christianity has to do with those topics, it's moreso Christianity has to do with conservative/republican values in large part so people make that association (and white Jesus referenced that specific type of association further).

I would need to know more about the gun safety program in question. Also if any state is going to authorize a youth to posses and use a gun does it make the parent or guardian legally liable for whatever the child does with it? If the child shoots someone (whether when hunting or not), does the parent or guardian receive punishment?
    Well now that's a different question, isn't it? Should a parent be held liable? I'd say yes, most states do not. So yes, that's a problem. But virtually EVERY state currently allows youth to obtain a hunting license in one way shape or form.

So you're done trying to associate me with brocolli then?

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    What that must be written wrong or I don't get what you mean by it's only a problem if Christians use theirs? Are you claiming Christians out of all religions are the victims in how they are treated for their beliefs? They are the only ones?

I was pointing out a reality of how connected they are and why that association makes sense. If politicians/people want to constantly use religion as reasoning for their political beliefs then people will point it out if someone is trying to ask about what connection there is. That's it, it's obviously connected and I was showing how. You asked what Christianity has to do with those topics, it's moreso Christianity has to do with conservative/republican values in large part so people make that association (and white Jesus referenced that specific type of association further).
    Guess I misread what you were saying, although my statement is still largely correct; people seem to have no problems with a person inserting their beliefs into their actions, even if it means imposing those beliefs on others...unless that person is religious, then no, gotta keep that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    You do know that is *** backwards right? The source, if reliable and providing the necessary data, proves the fact. Not the other way around.

You want to prove your point fine, but your source is 26 years old on this one. Was just letting you know that when folks don't take you at your word.
    So you are clueless on valid debate tactics. Let me know when you want to be fixed of that.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

However, Christian is a narrower focus than 'lefties', too.
    65% of Americans profess to be Christians (the vast majority of whom claim to be members of a church congregation). How is that narrower than lefties?
    Last edited by Crovash; 04-19-2021 at 04:15 PM.

Thoughts after the mass shooting

Guess I misread what you were saying, although my statement is still largely correct; people seem to have no problems with a person inserting their beliefs into their actions, even if it means imposing those beliefs on others...unless that person is religious, then no, gotta keep that out.
    Well when considering separation of church and state ya sometimes you do have to keep that out.

Also you initially said Chrisitian which part of what I found ridiculous. have you seen the Omar thread? Now how many threads do we have for each of the Christian reps that constantly call out their religion as a reason to bash/question them? You can use all posts doing this for all politicians I will only need that thread to show many many more aimed at Muslims/questioning their ability to have the position or take actions based on their religion. Many politicians pretend to be Christian because it will benefit them I would argue, itís not some victim thing.

Otherwise what people often mock is the absurdity of those using religion and about "morals" while clearly lacking empathy on other topics issue to issue. That is why specifically the conservative Christian identity is often mocked in this manner because of how often our politicians use this reasoning of Christian morals while being complete scum in many other areas (even Trump played into this at times). It certainly isn't everyone but the level to which it is coming from the leaders of the party isn't easy to ignore.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 04-19-2021 at 05:04 PM.

I asked you a ridiculous hypothetical just as you did.

As far as my answer, the way that we have gun laws in this country the answer is that they cause more harm than good. I believe that in order to own a firearm of any time you should have to pass an extremely detailed and multipart training like police do. They are too dangerous and offer the ability to kill or maim far too many people without proving you are able (mentally and physically) to wield one. As I noted, they do more harm than good the way we allow them here.
    God if you were to run this country we would be so screwed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post

As evidenced by all the other countries that handle this infinitely better than the shithole U.S. lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post

Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

So have you conceded that broccoli has kept this country safe from alien invasions? You haven't provided any evidence that it doesn't.

For those not aware of the obvious...there isn't any proof that guns don't save lives. I believe that in the hands of police and trained individuals that they are helpful. But when you have more guns than people, then I think on the whole they cause more harm than good.
    That's the issue, you think that but have nothing to back it up. However I posted where it's been studied and estimated that upwards of 3 million crimes are prevented thanks to folks having guns. Nice try though.
    Last edited by brett05; 04-20-2021 at 08:22 AM.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    That's the issue, you think that but have nothing to back it up. However I posted where it's been studied and estimated that upwards of 3 million crimes are prevented thanks to folks having guns. Nice try though.
    "estimated that upwards of three million crimes are prevented thanks to folks having guns."

According to FBI reports for 2016, there were an estimated 1,197,704 violent crimes committed around the nation.

Whoa, people, that year prevented more crimes with guns than recorded violent crimes. AMERIKA. I know you were talking about sine 1776
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast