Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The solution to gun violence is pretty much the solution to all of our problems.

More money to the bottom of of the population, more money to education, more money to infrastructure, and regulations that keep the rich and powerful in check.

The problem is that none of that happens as long as money is not out of politics, and very few lawmakers want to solve that issue.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue6 View Post

Seriously though, how many "good guy with a gun" stories have you seen in the news?
    Be careful what you ask for here. We have a poster, SpecialFNK, who will be more than happy to dredge up a few from his vast store of twitter feeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    The fact that I had to click on the thread to find out which one you were talking about says it all.
    Yea, it was awfully quiet around here after the two ex-nfl players went postal. Could have possibly furthered a stereotype.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    And the gun nuts on here will tell you that it's a people problem, not a gun problem. If that's the case then the US has major problem with mental instability

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Consider that Switzerland has a gun ownership rate of around 25% (second highest in the world) and they don't have anywhere near as many mass shootings per capita.

Russia has virtually ZERO personal gun ownership, yet their homicide rate is double the US, with half our population.

Guns aren't the problem.
    Also, what is morally worse about someone murdering a person with a gun as opposed to a knife, or a car, or a baseball bat etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Consider that Switzerland has a gun ownership rate of around 25% (second highest in the world) and they don't have anywhere near as many mass shootings per capita.

Russia has virtually ZERO personal gun ownership, yet their homicide rate is double the US, with half our population.

Guns aren't the problem.
    Also, what is morally worse about someone murdering a person with a gun as opposed to a knife, or a car, or a baseball bat etc.
    Switzerland has mandatory military service which both provides responsible firearm training and explains why so many people have a gun. They also have a ton of more regulations on guns sales and ownership (a registry, licensing, attempts to prevent people with a violent past, drug, alcohol, or mental health problem from getting licenses, and many have to to take a test on how use a firearm).

Sadly they don’t have any of these things for bats and knives so the number of murders per capita is roughly the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Personally, I don't want to go up against a guy with a military grade rifle that can easily point and shoot me from 50 yards or more with a handgun.

Seriously though, how many "good guy with a gun" stories have you seen in the news?
    I am sure you picked up on my sarcasm. It's always the argument of the staunch gun rights activists and the NRA that people with guns can intervene in situations where a maniac is shooting up a mall or a business. Like you said, that hardly ever happens because most people don't have a license to carry and they're not in the business of vigilante justice even if they are near their firearm. It's a stupid motif that a lot of people love to hold sacred.

Something Ted Cruz i am sure has uttered before among other idiot politicians.

Guns aren't the problem.
    Does that number count the homicides that are ordered by Putin himself?
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Yea, it was awfully quiet around here after the two ex-nfl players went postal. Could have possibly furthered a stereotype.
    I thinked that's called ignorance by reason.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Interesting info about the FedEx shooter.
    https://denvergazette.com/wex/indian...6c775a93a.html

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    At the risk of sounding like I am defending the so-called gun nuts — I am not — it very much IS a people problem...AND a gun problem.

The real problem is that too often folks push the “people problem” assertion only as an method for them to deflect away from the “gun problem.” They have zero intention to pursue solutions to either problem.
    I fully understand it's a people problem as well as a gun problem. My point is that there are mentally unstable people everywhere. The majority of the civilized world has some form of gun control and there's very little mass shootings, whereas the US operates like the wild west and there's mass shootings on a daily basis. Access to guns is a major problem but common sense gun control works unless the argument is the states is chalk full of mentality unstable people.

I'm.not really sure if I'm being clear in my argument and if so, I'll blame the unintended hangover I'm suffering from

Personally, I don't want to go up against a guy with a military grade rifle that can easily point and shoot me from 50 yards or more with a handgun.

There’s been a lot of situations where guns saved lives from bigger mass shootings but you don’t hear about that in the media

Guns aren't the problem.
    Well Switzerland is a social democracy so they are a happier society and Russia is run by a tyrant so those aren't fair examples, IMO.

Listen, I get there's a problem with mentally unstable people being able to access guns but common sense gun control actually works unless the argument is the US is well ahead of the curve in regards to the percentage of it's population being unstable.

Let's compare notes about the guy who walks into a supermarket with an AR-15 compared to guy who walks into the supermarket with a Louisville Slugger, both intent on murdering as many innocent people as possible.

Last edited by Kenny Powders; 04-18-2021 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    I fully understand it's a people problem as well as a gun problem. My point is that there are mentally unstable people everywhere. The majority of the civilized world has some form of gun control and there's very little mass shootings, whereas the US operates like the wild west and there's mass shootings on a daily basis. Access to guns is a major problem but common sense gun control works unless the argument is the states is chalk full of mentality unstable people.

I'm.not really sure if I'm being clear in my argument and if so, I'll blame the unintended hangover I'm suffering from

And how do you limit the access of guns when there’s so many guns on the streets currently? Do you think gang members or criminals will give up their weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    I thinked that's called ignorance by reason.
    Rich coming from the guy who actively tried to get COVID and threw a hissy fit when his son seen two dudes giving each other some tounge

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    There’s been a lot of situations where guns saved lives from bigger mass shootings but you don’t hear about that in the media

Without looking at the data that you didn't provide, I'm willing to bet that the number of mass murders far out weights the number of good guys with a gun saving the day

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast