Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    And how do you limit the access of guns when thereís so many guns on the streets currently? Do you think gang members or criminals will give up their weapons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One of my favourite responses to the problem. Might as well just come out and say it. We're cool with innocent people dying, as long as I get to keep my guns.

I looked at FedEx benefits for employees and no life insurance is automatically provided. It is an elective coverage that must be purchased. I'd say the odds are pretty good most of those killed did not have any and the burden will fall on their families.

WTHR.com has a Go Fund Me page for the families of the victims. It isn't much, but I am going to give $100. Hopefully, people will pitch in enough to at least solve this problem. With all the people showing up to provided memorial services I am surprised they have only collected a tad over 5K.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    One of my favourite responses to the problem. Might as well just come out and say it. We're cool with innocent people dying, as long as I get to keep my guns.
    As I noted earlier a mere child can hit you from 25 yards with a point and shoot military grade rifle. How many handgun experts do we have out there that would take the risk against that kind of firepower and actually be able to hit the target?

Almost forgot. That kid that did the shooting was subject to the Red Flag Law here in Indiana and should not have been able to purchase firearms from an approved vendor without a judge's order. I imagine we will see this playing out over the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue6 View Post
    As I noted earlier a mere child can hit you from 25 yards with a point and shoot military grade rifle. How many handgun experts do we have out there that would take the risk against that kind of firepower and actually be able to hit the target?
    The number of people who can respond calmly and under control in a live fire situation is basically military and some relatively small percentage of police.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    And how do you limit the access of guns when thereís so many guns on the streets currently? Do you think gang members or criminals will give up their weapons?

Buy them back, you won't get them all. Make it a ridiculous amount if you need to. America has to start doing something. These are preventable deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Yea, it was awfully quiet around here after the two ex-nfl players went postal. Could have possibly furthered a stereotype.
    What's there to talk about? You're reaching for a conclusion (wonder why, and of course your partner in crime agrees with you). Nobody is giving anybody a pass. They just get lumped in with all of the others. Has every mass shooting been talked about in these forums? No, it's a small percentage. I'd say around 10-20% get brought up. The thing about the NFL players is that we all have a pretty good idea about CTE now, and realize it's likely the culprit.

Itís basically an admission of our failure. We let them proliferate for so long that we have no good way to know who owns what. The fact is we canít just make them all disappear. But we can start going through purchase records and track down folks who have sold them and didnít get records. Start making people who sell guns scared today.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Without looking at the data that you didn't provide, I'm willing to bet that the number of mass murders far out weights the number of good guys with a gun saving the day

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Not even remotely close. It's estimated that upwards of 300,000+ per year are saved.

https://fee.org/articles/guns-preven...research-show/
    Last edited by brett05; 04-19-2021 at 07:57 AM.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Not even remotely close. It's estimated that upwards of 300,000+ per year are saved.

Yep, back in 1995 I guess you can say that based on your link (and following the actual source trail that coincidentally is not linked as your article just references another website).

If you go to that website and find that statistic being referenced, you'll find it's based on a publication from 1995. In fact, that entire website is made up of "facts" that the source of those facts are publications from the most part the 1980s and 90s.

If the bad guy doesn't have the gun, the "good" guy doesn't need it. The first example in the blog is perfect. If gun laws prevent the first guy from getting the gun, the "good" guy doesn't need to pull his out.

And aren't you christian? Or only when it's convenient? Doesn't Jesus teach to turn the other cheek, love thy neighbour, do unto others, etc, etc, etc.

If the bad guy doesn't have the gun, the "good" guy doesn't need it. The first example in the blog is perfect. If gun laws prevent the first guy from getting the gun, the "good" guy doesn't need to pull his out.

And aren't you christian? Or only when it's convenient? Doesn't Jesus teach to turn the other cheek, love thy neighbour, do unto others, etc, etc, etc.
    Let me know when you want to know about Christianity, I'd be happy to oblige. Until then, let's skip that part.

Guns protect people from crime. The criminal does not have to have a gun to commit said crime including mass murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Yep, back in 1995 I guess you can say that based on your link (and following the actual source trail that coincidentally is not linked as your article just references another website).

If you go to that website and find that statistic being referenced, you'll find it's based on a publication from 1995. In fact, that entire website is made up of "facts" that the source of those facts are publications from the most part the 1980s and 90s.
    Try refuting the fact and not the source. You might get somewhere if you debate legally.

I've found that eating broccoli every day prevents alien invasions. That has just about as much evidence backing it up as these numbers.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Totally illegal

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast