Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    If we are going to open up to the government
    Being able to database something in which they are not allowed to infringe upon, then it should be applied to all rights. We dont get to pick and choose where the government can control us.
    Sure we do. You allowed to fart in public but not jerkoff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Sure we do. You allowed to fart in public but not jerkoff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I meant in terms of our rights as in the bill of rights.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Such an amendment has no chance of passing.
    Probably true. It would be nice if the gun nuts would give in a bit to sensible laws and restrictions.

When you think about it………

the gun nuts and those with voter suppression obsession have a lot in common. Neither side will give in on simple common sense policy changes that, if put into effect, would not prevent people from owing guns or from voting. Tey just need to bend a little for the good of us all.

Are you talking about actual gun violence or just gun violence committed by stupid white loners? Because most gun violence is committed with handguns which are typically illegally owned. It also occurs in inner cities but youre not ready for that conversation because typing #defundthepolice is so cool to do, am i rite?
    I'm not seeing a single proposal in this whole post. What is your solution?
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I'm not seeing a single proposal in this whole post. What is your solution?
    My solution is to whether we are talking about gun violence or just mass shootings. For gun violence, id make stricter laws for owning or selling a gun illegally, up to life in prison or even death. Committing a crime with an illegally owned gun would be the same.

As for mass shootings, they typically occur in gun free zones- schools, churches, etc. The only way to stop a bad person with a gun is a good person with a gun. We protect the things we care about most with firearms. Schools should have retired military serve as guards. If we have our president, politicians or even our money protected by armed people than why not our children?

My solution is to whether we are talking about gun violence or just mass shootings. For gun violence, id make stricter laws for owning or selling a gun illegally, up to life in prison or even death. Committing a crime with an illegally owned gun would be the same.

As for mass shootings, they typically occur in gun free zones- schools, churches, etc. The only way to stop a bad person with a gun is a good person with a gun. We protect the things we care about most with firearms. Schools should have retired military serve as guards. If we have our president, politicians or even our money protected by armed people than why not our children?
    If the only way to stop a bad person with a gun is a good person with a gun and so many of these gun deaths happen in inner city neighborhoods by bad guys with illegally obtained firearms,

What about the government giving everyone in inner city neighborhoods (minus the criminals of course) a gun? Do you think that would lead to less gun deaths or more?

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Yeah. Everything is just fine in gunville.
    Not what was said, but hey, use the lefty playbook whenever you want. That shift was fantastic.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    If the only way to stop a bad person with a gun is a good person with a gun and so many of these gun deaths happen in inner city neighborhoods by bad guys with illegally obtained firearms,

What about the government giving everyone in inner city neighborhoods (minus the criminals of course) a gun? Do you think that would lead to less gun deaths or more?
    I think if the military or ex military patrolled the streets of the inner city, there would be a lot less gun deaths. Do you agree?

I think if the military or ex military patrolled the streets of the inner city, there would be a lot less gun deaths. Do you agree?
    No I don’t. I think the more guns you put in an area, the more gun deaths you’re going to see.

The right keep saying that the only way to stop a bad person with a gun..... I guess there haven't been many good guys lately considering all these mass shootings when unchallenge.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

You can't have guns in inner cities with a high concentration of people living in close proximity. It's a recipe for disaster. Gun laws need to be a state issue because in certain areas of the country, police officers are not readily available and may or may not arrive at your home at all. These people specifically need to have some form of protection or equalizer. In NYC, the odds you are going to be attacked and need a gun is still very low considering the presence of other people intrinsically preventing any attack and police officers being available within a few minutes if there is to be an issue. Just because guns made sense 200 years ago doesn't mean that society hasn't changed to where it's not as necessary today. You can claim government tyranny but that type of fear-mongering is a total joke because the government could do far worse without any of us knowing about it if their agenda was to kill you. I would not feel safe in NYC if everyone around me had a gun. At any given moment, something could go absolutely bizarre.

This is fantastic marketing, but is really just the gun lobby's way of saying "the only thing better than one gun involved is two guns to be involved...double profits!". There is no real evidence or proof that more guns being involved is better.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Really, the average person isn't Action Jackson or in the habit of carrying a gun when they get their nails done.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    You can't have guns in inner cities with a high concentration of people living in close proximity. It's a recipe for disaster. Gun laws need to be a state issue because in certain areas of the country, police officers are not readily available and may or may not arrive at your home at all. These people specifically need to have some form of protection or equalizer. In NYC, the odds you are going to be attacked and need a gun is still very low considering the presence of other people intrinsically preventing any attack and police officers being available within a few minutes if there is to be an issue. Just because guns made sense 200 years ago doesn't mean that society hasn't changed to where it's not as necessary today. You can claim government tyranny but that type of fear-mongering is a total joke because the government could do far worse without any of us knowing about it if their agenda was to kill you. I would not feel safe in NYC if everyone around me had a gun. At any given moment, something could go absolutely bizarre.
    If you cut the cities out of the equation then it is useless to push the good guy with a gun theory. Most of the high-profile shootings happen in cities.

Will Rogers

No, we won't tolerate military or ex-military patrolling our streets as they did in South Africa decades ago. I whether go with Val suggest of arming the folks there.

Better lets get all those programs for kids that the republican administraions cut. Boy Scouts, little league, YMCA, district park day camps. All these things kept kids off the streets and under adult supervising. Legalize drugs will kill the gangs' power and influence in these neighborhoods. And jobs, jobs, jobs.
    Last edited by WES445; 05-11-2021 at 01:56 PM.

Will Rogers

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast