Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Because i wanted to prove my point that ex-military are best suited to protect our children in schools from mass shootings.
    Clown Argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Clown Argument.
    Now wait. Who better to search 6th grade girls backpacks?

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    False. How many times has that happened? Plus, we don't have another country with higher domestic shootings to tell one way or the other to judge if more guns helped. We are in uncharted water with this problem.

Plus, I wouldn't want to be the police coming into a pitch gun battle where they can't tell who is who. I heard one state is dropping the gun lessons requirements, so in mass shooting incidents, not stopping a robber, you could have untrained people slinging lead around trying to get a lone gunman.

you can't eliminate guns, and civilians with guns have stopped or confronted a shooter shows it helped.

I'm going to need to see any state dropping gun lesson requirements, especially for police.

IMO anyone that buys a gun should need a license and be required to take a written and physical test the same as a driver's license.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

these type of things don't typically make the established media.

https://www.nrawomen.com/content/the...en-may-7-2021/

A man armed with a hammer forced his way into a Lucerne Valley, California, home through the back door at 9:15 a.m. The homeowner confronted the intruder and he threatened to kill her. Fearing for her life, she shot the man. He fled from her home, but didn’t make it far. Police found him lying on the side of the road. The homeowner was unhurt. (vvng.com, Lucerne Valley, CA, 2/16/21)

In two more cases of women defending themselves with firearms, a woman shot an intruder and another was able to stop her abuser. The first incident was reported on April 6, 2021, when a woman called 9-1-1 after having shot and killed a man who broke into her Lexington, Kentucky, apartment. The second incident occurred when a woman fatally shot her abusive boyfriend on April 8, 2021. Police found evidence to suggest an aggressive confrontation at the scene in Atmore, Alabama, but the woman fought back.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Clown Argument.
    Why? I have a kid in middle school. Why is she not allowed the same protection as Biden or Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    you can't eliminate guns, and civilians with guns have stopped or confronted a shooter shows it helped.

I'm going to need to see any state dropping gun lesson requirements, especially for police.

IMO anyone that buys a gun should need a license and be required to take a written and physical test the same as a driver's license.
    One of the major issues is gun safety. My kid goes strapped. But the rest of his arsenal is in a gun safe. I think if a kid takes a parent's gun and shoots people (particularly other kids) the parent should face the same charges as the child.

Why? I have a kid in middle school. Why is she not allowed the same protection as Biden or Trump?
    That is a real concern. Even armed guards and security checks cannot stop a shooter in the parking lot. Especially if they are trying to take a few others out and then die by Cop or the like. It is a terrible problem. But like I said above, the parents need to secure their guns.

Thoughts after the mass shooting

Bc she is no where near as important to people that aren’t you. No offense but really? The things parents say are crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Drugs are easier to make, ship, hide, etc. than a gun.

I’m wondering why we don’t see any fully automatic machine guns in these mass shootings? They are basically illegal to own without very stringent permits and there’s not many in circulation, yet somehow there isn’t a teeming black market for them, nor are they used in very many crimes.
    I think you just answered your own question. They would be very easy to trace back and there aren't many in circulation to begin with. They are also much more difficult to conceal so it isn't ideal if you're trying to act meticulously. Then you have to consider the risk (how many people actually own one of these guns for you to buy off of) and the price (clearly more expensive due to the rarity).

You want an airplane and a big white house to go with that?

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    I think you just answered your own question. They would be very easy to trace back and there aren't many in circulation to begin with. They are also much more difficult to conceal so it isn't ideal if you're trying to act meticulously. Then you have to consider the risk (how many people actually own one of these guns for you to buy off of) and the price (clearly more expensive due to the rarity).
    So the reason nobody uses them is how easy they’d be to track because there are so few? Now imagine if semi-automatic non-hunting rifles were just as scarce? Or if there was a national database to track all firearms?

Because your kid isn't the President of the United States. Are we really asking this question? Or are you doing a bit?
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    So the reason nobody uses them is how easy they’d be to track because there are so few? Now imagine if semi-automatic non-hunting rifles were just as scarce? Or if there was a national database to track all firearms?
    I demonstrated four reasons and you pick out one because...?

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    I demonstrated four reasons and you pick out one because...?
    Because most reasons become applicable for semi-automatic non-hunting rifles with that one point.

If we made them as scarce as fully automatic weapons

1. They’d become very easy to trace and there wouldn’t be very many in circulation

2. They’d come with increased risk (as not many people would own them to buy off)

3. The price would increase due to rarity.

In fact, you made a very compelling argument on how difficult they’d be to get if we made them illegal just like fully automatic weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue6 View Post
    One of the major issues is gun safety. My kid goes strapped. But the rest of his arsenal is in a gun safe. I think if a kid takes a parent's gun and shoots people (particularly other kids) the parent should face the same charges as the child.
    I don't have a problem with a parent being held accountable for their underage child that uses a parents gun to shoot people, but not the same charges. hard to charge the parent with murder1 the same as the child.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast