Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    God if you were to run this country we would be so screwed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Coming from someone who supported Trump, whose term ended with the Capitol Building raid by his supporters.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    "estimated that upwards of three million crimes are prevented thanks to folks having guns."

According to FBI reports for 2016, there were an estimated 1,197,704 violent crimes committed around the nation.

Whoa, people, that year prevented more crimes with guns than recorded violent crimes. AMERIKA. I know you were talking about sine 1776
    I think you lost it.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    That's the issue, you think that but have nothing to back it up. However I posted where it's been studied and estimated that upwards of 3 million crimes are prevented thanks to folks having guns. Nice try though.
    My goodness those folks run a terrible site. I got hit with about 10 pop ups when I went to gunfacts.info. Makes me severely question their credibility if they can't even run a basic website. By the way, who uses .info rather than .com or .org? That's a big media literacy red flag.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

I think you lost it.
    Then please explain how three million people with guns prevented crime when most years we don't have that many criminal confrontations.

Your habit of dissing people to avoid clarifying your position isn't helping your case. Just make you look like you don't know what the hell you are talking about. A common trait with blowhards.
    Last edited by WES445; 04-20-2021 at 11:07 AM.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    My goodness those folks run a terrible site. I got hit with about 10 pop ups when I went to gunfacts.info. Makes me severely question their credibility if they can't even run a basic website. By the way, who uses .info rather than .com or .org? That's a big media literacy red flag.
    Surprise, surprise.

I wonder if he is one of our posters who rail against mass media and then they pick disreputable sites to base their view on. Sounds like gunfact.info is just as creditable as the bigfoot sites. They aren't the only ones who cater to those who want to believe a certain way and damn the facts. Good business model, give them what they want to hear and pull in the advertiser's dollars and sell mech. Alex Jones used to be really good at this, hell, I listen to him for a short period until his craziness started showing.

I just caught an article on how those who work at a far-right news organization didn't believe the majority of the stuff they push.
    Last edited by WES445; 04-20-2021 at 11:09 AM.

Martin Luther King.

Surprise, surprise.

I wonder if he is one of our posters who rail against mass media and then they pick disreputable sites to base their view on. Sounds like gunfact.info is just as creditable as the bigfoot sites. They aren't the only ones who cater to those who want to believe a certain way and damn the facts. Good business model, give them what they want to hear and pull in the advertiser's dollars and sell mech. Alex Jones used to be really good at this, hell, I listen to him for a short period until his craziness started showing.

I just caught an article on how those who work at a far-right news organization didn't believe the majority of the stuff they push.
    It's really just a terrible site. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't pocket a bunch of money from the NRA, spend like 5 bucks on the site, randomly generate a bunch of numbers, and call it a day.

Thanks for admitting you are unable to attack the actual statistic and would rather use illegal debate tactics. Says it all right there. Thanks again.

Then please explain how three million people with guns prevented crime when most years we don't have that many criminal confrontations.

Your habit of dissing people to avoid clarifying your position isn't helping your case. Just make you look like you don't know what the hell you are talking about. A common trait with blowhards.
    Sorry, your personal bio was a nice read but unnecessary.

How can there be a criminal confrontation if it was prevented? Let me know when you have that one figured out.

Thanks for admitting you are unable to attack the actual statistic and would rather use illegal debate tactics. Says it all right there. Thanks again.
    Why would I attack the alleged statistics?

Also almost all of the research they allege dates back almost 30-40 years and the research they pull the nearly 3,000,000 number from is basically just those dudes whining that the estimates are all way too low and the actual number most be several orders higher.

Also almost all of the research they allege dates back almost 30-40 years and the research they pull the nearly 3,000,000 number from is basically just those dudes whining that the estimates are all way too low and the actual number most be several orders higher.
    I brought this up to him yesterday. That site is a joke.

iLlEgAl DeBaTe TaCtIcS

Sorry, your personal bio was a nice read but unnecessary.

How can there be a criminal confrontation if it was prevented? Let me know when you have that one figured out.
    If a criminal confrontation was prevented thus making it a non-crime then where did they get their stats? Genius

Martin Luther King.

Are we keeping armed confrontation that stops crime stats? Why haven't the Republicans and NRA use this stat, if it is honest, to rev their support of lax gun laws?

Three million is a big number.

Martin Luther King.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    I brought this up to him yesterday. That site is a joke.
    There's a whole laundry list of reasons to be extremely skeptical of that site. I can assure you there is good reason why these numbers and this site haven't been picked up by any credible news or reporting agencies.

Say whatever you need to help your lost cause

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast