Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Havana Syndrome

Havana Syndrome

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/12/u...in-injury.html

These injuries were ignored and treatment denied under the Trump Administration. Thankfully, there are bi-partisan bills in both houses currently being considered to restore benefits and treat these government officials. In some cases the brain trauma has been so severe that some individuals have been forced to retire. Often without full benefits.

Russia has been identified as the source. Does anyone see a problem with this?

I read that, but I be damn to figure out what I or the government can do. It is like the hacking of the pipeline, how can you find the culprit and when you do how can you enforce justice on a foreigner?

Technology is getting to the point someone on the other side of the world can inflict harm here without leaving a trace of where the attack came from.

Getting scary out here in the wilderness.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I read that, but I be damn to figure out what I or the government can do. It is like the hacking of the pipeline, how can you find the culprit and when you do how can you enforce justice on a foreigner?

Technology is getting to the point someone on the other side of the world can inflict harm here without leaving a trace of where the attack came from.

Getting scary out here in the wilderness.
    I agree, but my point was the poor treatment of those injured and the way it was brushed aside. You would almost think Russia has something on Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue6 View Post
    I agree, but my point was the poor treatment of those injured and the way it was brushed aside. You would almost think Russia has something on Trump.
    Remember the agent orange victim from the Vietnam war and the health problems of the first response team at the twin towers site? Both suffered health problems in their service to our beloved government that was ignored until the out cry became so loud they finally did something about it.

I can trace my family service in the military back to the civil war on my father side, that crap ended after the Vietnam war and the agent orange story. My paternal uncle receive extremely good benefits for his service during the WW II, don't know why and he never told, but the military took care of his body when he died and was placed in an special sealed coffin when they return his body to us . To this day, I don't know why the military intercede in his burial or why he receive such a generous retirement benefits past his de-commission rank of captain entitle him to but he had health problems all thru his life which his wife also caught later in her life. This is outside our conservation and may even counter my point, but the agent orange victims brought back memories.

Couldn't read the story because a firewall came up demanding money for me to read it.
    Last edited by WES445; 05-20-2021 at 01:15 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers