Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    If he had thought about that number before he posted it, just maybe he wouldn't have gone there.
    3 million a year would be just under 0.3 crimes every 3 seconds as there are 3.15 million seconds a year. Nasty's math is odd so you probably shouldn't make any bets on what he says.

That said, I have no doubt brett is just trolling with pretty much every one of his posts and should probably just be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    3 million a year would be just under 0.3 crimes every 3 seconds as there are 3.15 million seconds a year. Nasty's math is odd so you probably shouldn't make any bets on what he says.

That said, I have no doubt brett is just trolling with pretty much every one of his posts and should probably just be ignored.
    Yeah, I agree with Nasty sentiment, but his math was a head-scratcher. I still respect Nasty and take him seriously when he is serious. I don't mind Brett anymore, and just enjoying mocking his post. He lost my respect for him, so I don't take anything he says seriously.

His number was for crime prevented by armed citizens which to him means they aren't crimes. He made an issue of pointing that out. It is hard to defend him because he goes down so many rabbit holes to prove a stupid statement and then insult your intelligence for not following him
    Last edited by WES445; 04-21-2021 at 03:19 PM.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

What the hell? I wasnt doing actual math, I was just laughing at the ridiculousness of his number and claim. I purposely just made it sounds crazier.

This reminds me of the times spliff tries to jump all over my posts, lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Think your decimal is off 1 spot there. 31,536,000 seconds per year (60x60x24x365). But pretty much every 10 seconds a crime is stopped by someone with a gun.

That is according to research from a 1995 publication listed in the reference section of a very unreliable source.

If I were trolling I'd not post a link and insist the argument is with the CDC and not me.

In a non-trolling manner, your math is just wrong. Please check again how many seconds in a year.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    If I were trolling I'd not post a link and insist the argument is with the CDC and not me.

In a non-trolling manner, your math is just wrong. Please check again how many seconds in a year.
    Guess there are 3,153,600 seconds in a year.

Say, is it true that gun nuts and neo-conservatives have the same things in common? Crushed or deformed genitalia has been cited in well over 97% of the cases. This is completely true.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue6 View Post
    Guess there are 3,153,600 seconds in a year.

Say, is it true that gun nuts and neo-conservatives have the same things in common? Crushed or deformed genitalia has been cited in well over 97% of the cases. This is completely true.
    Your guess is off by 1000%

I like how we're focusing on an error in math and not someone relying on a shoddily run site that references a 25 year old study that spends 90% of its time arguing that far lower and more realistic estimates are several orders of magnitude off from the real number).
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

That is what happens when you get sucked down a rabbit hole. This whole conservation started with questionable deflection.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I like how we're focusing on an error in math and not someone relying on a shoddily run site that references a 25 year old study that spends 90% of its time arguing that far lower and more realistic estimates are several orders of magnitude off from the real number).
    I love how you stick to illegal debate tactics and cannot use valid ones or just admit you can't refute the stats that the CDC use as recently as 2018.

Here comes Peter Cotton-tail, Hoppin' down the bunny trail and rabbit holes, Hippity hoppity.

Martin Luther King.

I love how you stick to illegal debate tactics and cannot use valid ones or just admit you can't refute the stats that the CDC use as recently as 2018.
    How many gun crimes have you stopped today?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Illegal debate tactics.......sounds spicy

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

The horror! The horror! Can you imagine the trauma of being victimized by “illegal debate tactics?” Gosh.

Are we so accustomed to these things that we almost miss the uncanny impact of this sentence, embedded in the AP story on the six people killed yesterday in Colorado:

It was Colorado’s worst mass shooting since a gunman killed 10 people at a Boulder supermarket March 22.

That’s only about a month and a half ago.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast