Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

You Aren't Actually Mad at the SATs you're mad at what they reveal-Freddie deBoer

https://freddiedeboer.substack.com/p...ad-at-the-sats

So the University of California system is going to be getting rid of the SAT/ACT requirement, more states and systems will follow (likely the CSU system not long after) this has been a real sticking point for social justice activists for a while, who believe that these things are racist, classist, yadda, yadda

So the question I pose, is Should we get rid of Testing Requirements for college admittance. And just go off GPA, Letters of recommendation, and personal statements?

**Note**
    The Author is very far to the left, if that context matters to you.
    Last edited by ciaban2.0; 05-18-2021 at 07:50 PM.

Personally, I think we should keep the SAT/ACT

Because, the SAT/ACT really DO predict who will do well in college and in life, VERY well. Getting rid of them will only serve to benefit the rich who when they have to compete on a more level playing field like the SAT they don't do as well, and are less successful in getting into the kinds of prestigious schools their families get into.

They'll instead be keeping the great tool of underage vanity which is the Personal Statement, which for instance Hunter Biden wrote a *powerful and moving poem* to get into Yale Law, which is why he got in, and not because his dad was a Senator.

No they should stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We shouId get rid of the idea that one needs a college education to start. Go from there...

Ban all white racists!

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    https://freddiedeboer.substack.com/p...ad-at-the-sats

So the University of California system is going to be getting rid of the SAT/ACT requirement, more states and systems will follow (likely the CSU system not long after) this has been a real sticking point for social justice activists for a while, who believe that these things are racist, classist, yadda, yadda

So the question I pose, is Should we get rid of Testing Requirements for college admittance. And just go off GPA, Letters of recommendation, and personal statements?

**Note**
    The Author is very far to the left, if that context matters to you.
    You don't believe the SATS are classist?

I guess every family can afford high priced SAT tutors.

Or for the Trumps of the world who pay someone to take the test for them?

It's not a far left idea that's the SATs are classist.
    Last edited by MRSpock; 05-18-2021 at 09:11 PM.

Oh and the SATs reveal one thing. Your SAT score.

I'm so mad at something!

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Personally, I think we should keep the SAT/ACT

Because, the SAT/ACT really DO predict who will do well in college and in life, VERY well. Getting rid of them will only serve to benefit the rich who when they have to compete on a more level playing field like the SAT they don't do as well, and are less successful in getting into the kinds of prestigious schools their families get into.

They'll instead be keeping the great tool of underage vanity which is the Personal Statement, which for instance Hunter Biden wrote a *powerful and moving poem* to get into Yale Law, which is why he got in, and not because his dad was a Senator.
    Obviously you donít know about legacy students, who are admitted in large part because their parents attended the school. They have on average lower SAT scores and GPA than normally admitted students.

A low SAT score isnít going to stop a rich child from attending a good school, unfortunately.

I got a 720 verbal.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Has anyone taken it since a science portion was added?

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I got a 720 verbal.

I got a 1250 total, with my verbal score being higher. Maybe a 630/620 split I want to say.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Obviously you donít know about legacy students, who are admitted in large part because their parents attended the school. They have on average lower SAT scores and GPA than normally admitted students.

A low SAT score isnít going to stop a rich child from attending a good school, unfortunately.
    I guess your children are set.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    I guess your children are set.
    I hope my children go to better schools than I went to.

Weíve been taking the SATs forever and theyíve changed so much that what even matters? The SATs I took are vastly different from the ones that say Spliff took which are different from the ones that Sluggo took...I use you guys because I can approx your ages.

Idk about racist but I could see the classist argument having some merit. All of that aside, I think the SATs are stupid, and always have been. Never really measured much of anything.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast