Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cubs offense is reaching historical bottoms

The Cubs are 7-82 with RISP, scoring less than 3 runs per game. Their slash line is basically 160/250/300. Your worst bench player is probably a top 3 hitter on the team, as right now its Javy Baez with a sparkling 659 OPS. Their best LHB is Rizzo at 597. Their big off-season splash [tongue in cheek], Joc Pedersen, collected his 5th hit today.

Seriously it doesn't even seem real how unequivocally terrible the hitting has been. They keep finding a new bottom never sensed possible.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    The Cubs are 7-82 with RISP, scoring less than 3 runs per game. Their slash line is basically 160/250/300. Your worst bench player is probably a top 3 hitter on the team, as right now its Javy Baez with a sparkling 659 OPS. Their best LHB is Rizzo at 597. Their big off-season splash [tongue in cheek], Joc Pedersen, collected his 5th hit today.

Seriously it doesn't even seem real how unequivocally terrible the hitting has been. They keep finding a new bottom never sensed possible.
    I'm sure you can find some Philly fans to commiserate with.

Man I feel bad for Javy, and Rizzo and Joc...poor Joc he has an OPS+ of 13 and David Bote isn't much better at 20.

Kris Bryant is hitting well though. .936 OPS with a 156 OPS+

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post

Man I feel bad for Javy, and Rizzo and Joc...poor Joc he has an OPS+ of 13 and David Bote isn't much better at 20.

If you gave the Cubs a run for every hit they've collected, and went game by game measuring up against opponent runs they'd still be just 5-6-2 on the season

Nobody can commiserate really. This is the worst offensive start to a season that anybody has ever seen. They've scored 34 runs in 13 games. A third of the league has more runs than the Cubs have hits.

Those guys have done nothing to change the books on them. They are one of the most pull-heavy teams in the league, easy to strategize against and to align your defense against, they can't hit velocity, rise, or breaking pitches, and they are pathetically passive while leading the league in whiffing. Its just a really awful offensive approach.

OPS of our LHB

Happ 570
    Rizzo 597
    Joc 399
    Heyward 557

[emoji23]

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post

[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

On a related note, the Cubs have now scored 55 runs in their last 6 games, and set the record in today's game for most balls hit at over 100 mph exit velocity at 15. The offense is definitely not this good. But they were never going to be historically bad either. They're probably right in the middle of the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post

Cubs have nothing on the Mets and now the Mets helped that offense wake up.