Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2021 NFL Draft

I wonder how early we take a WR. I assume we will take one since some of our WRs are getting up in age.

Perhaps that is our dark horse first round pick.

I canít picture a 1st round WR.

Nothing would make me happier than a trade up for pitts though. Iíd include our 1st next season.

I would love him too, but we would have to trade into #4 or #5 to get him. That may cost multiple future 1sts.

Let's get Ertz for a pick swap!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Smuggler View Post
    I would love him too, but we would have to trade into #4 or #5 to get him. That may cost multiple future 1sts.

Let's get Ertz for a pick swap!
    Erts would suffice, but he isnít transforming this offence into something else. I want a TE that demands (without actually demanding anything) the attention of the defence and the ball, the way diggs does. Would give us the 1-2 punch we need to match KCís weapons. Hard to find a TE that can reliably handle Allenís velo.

2 1st, 2 2nds? Itís a lot to give up but weíre also gaining cap space that would have gone to those picks.

Would you prefer a trade for Ertz or Evan Engram? I think I would side Ertz.

I'm on the Etienne train. I think CB is really deep that they can get a good one even as late as the third round and that the DE's at 30 just may not be good enough and more of projects. Look at Epenesa last year. He was projected to go in the late first and slipped deep into the and. I think think the same can happen since we're not talking about top-tier edge rushers.

I just don't want them to force the issue and take a DE because it's a DE. If they aren't good enough for 30 or if they don't think there's much difference between getting one at 61 and getting one at 30, because again it's not like we're talking about the top of the draft where the top edge rushers go, then pass.

Even with that said, my guess is Etienne, DE or even DT. CB is deep enough to wait.

I would be happy with Etienne. They may have to get ahead of the jets or steelers to get him. Perhaps a trade with Indy.

I would be happy with Etienne. They may have to get ahead of the jets or steelers to get him. Perhaps a trade with Indy.
    Why would the jets draft him? Donít they have bell still?

I think Bell went to KC.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Why would the jets draft him? Donít they have bell still?
    They cut Bell last season. Don't you remember the Bills pursuing him and the Chiefs ultimately landing him?

The Jets don't have a RB and are rumored to be looking for one in the draft.

If they are happy with getting whoever is leftover between Etienne, Harris or Williams, they can get that player with their 2nd round pick instead. That's what I'm hoping because they are likely the only team that would prevent Etienne from getting to 30, assuming that if the Steelers pick a RB they go with Harris or Williams.

I guess Miami at 18 is the other wildcard, but they may need offensive line help. I can't see Jacksonville, after having one of the leading rushers in the league, spending a 1st on a RB, but they are the only other team rumored for one.

Right, that is why I am saying we have to trade with Indy or Tenn to try and get him. But man, it would take a lot to jump Miami to get him.

Also - wow, Aaron Rodger wants OUT ??!!

Thoughts on the pick? Was a little upset Jags snagged Etienne.

We def filled a position of need with Edge.

I am also happy the Bears traded up for Fields and he didn't slip to the pats.

Thoughts on the pick? Was a little upset Jags snagged Etienne.

We def filled a position of need with Edge.
    I havenít heard anyone say this yet, but I feel like our guy could have gone 1st overall if he played this year. 15 sacks last season as a 19/20 year old redshirt freshman. Insane measurables and production. He would have had to bust out and show more strength, but Iím just saying itís possible.

I feel good about the pick. Think he will be better than Esposito.

My only concern is he didn't put up a great pro-day, measurable-wise, after sitting out the whole season.

We need athleticism on the edge.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast