Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NFL Draft

2021 NFL Draft

All - just wanted to get a thread going for the Draft specifically.

Here are our picks as of now. Any preference on what we do?

Round 1 Pick 30
    Round 2 Pick 61
    Round 3 Pick 93
    Round 5 Pick 161
    Round 5 Pick 174
    Round 6 Pick 213
    Round 7 Pick 236

At this point, I def feel like there is going to be a solid prospect that falls to us.

There will probably the following guaranteed to go before us:
    5 QBs
    5 WRs
    1 TE

That means, some talent will get pushed down. I would love Azeez Ojulari at DE, but I doubt he slips. If edge options are gone, then I am thinking CB in Rd 1 & OL in Rd 2.

With a lack of a 4th round pick, I wonder if we somehow trade back from Pick #30 into the early 2nd round and acquire another pick.

I have also read some sort of hypothetical article of us moving back to pick #37 with Philly, and then we get Ertz as well.

I would also be OK with that.

Ertz and Eric Stokes (maybe) would be a great use of Pick #30.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Smuggler View Post
    At this point, I def feel like there is going to be a solid prospect that falls to us.

There will probably the following guaranteed to go before us:
    5 QBs
    5 WRs
    1 TE

That means, some talent will get pushed down. I would love Azeez Ojulari at DE, but I doubt he slips. If edge options are gone, then I am thinking CB in Rd 1 & OL in Rd 2.

With a lack of a 4th round pick, I wonder if we somehow trade back from Pick #30 into the early 2nd round and acquire another pick.
    Would be great to trade up for that TE, but I donít want to part with any future draft capitol.

Iím nervous about them spending early picks on DL based on previous returns. Unless itís a blue chip stud, I would rather they add a CB with that pick. Mcd might have the best eye for secondary defensive players in the entire league.

I have also read some sort of hypothetical article of us moving back to pick #37 with Philly, and then we get Ertz as well.

I would also be OK with that.

Ertz and Eric Stokes (maybe) would be a great use of Pick #30.
    I would love that trade. Mostly because I would trust mcd to still draft a premier player in our secondary with #37.

Yea, I am starting to get a draft crush at Eric Stokes. He is lightning fast.

One. More. Week.

How funny would it be to stay up late for our pick at #30 and they trade back into round 2.

I read somewhere yesterday that last year was a weird year for Beane in the draft because we made no trades.

Considering it would be tough to crack our roster for some of these late round guys + hard to evaluate with covid-restrictions, I wouldn't be shocked if we traded both our 5th rounders for an early 4th.

I read somewhere yesterday that last year was a weird year for Beane in the draft because we made no trades.

Considering it would be tough to crack our roster for some of these late round guys + hard to evaluate with covid-restrictions, I wouldn't be shocked if we traded both our 5th rounders for an early 4th.
    Thatís interesting, but I think I would prefer those late picks spent on secondary defensive players.

Saw yesterday that the Bills are rumored to be trying to trade up for Travis Etienne. Wondering how much smoke there is there.

He would be an exciting add.

Saw yesterday that the Bills are rumored to be trying to trade up for Travis Etienne. Wondering how much smoke there is there.

He would be an exciting add.
    Just watched some video on him. He looks legit. If any RB could make an impact on this team in year 1 it could be him. Should have fresh legs too. Speed, power, size, and receiving hands. I wouldnít hate it. It would have me dreaming.

That being said - I think the OL was the biggest problem with the running game last season.

Beane mentioned on some press conference that the team lacks a "home run threat". Etienne would certainly be one.

But I cannot imagine Buffalo telegraphing their plans to the outside.

Happy Draft Day everyone! The excitement is building. Just need to survive one more day at work.

Anyone else getting nervous Justin Fields somehow slips to NE?

Happy Draft Day everyone! The excitement is building. Just need to survive one more day at work.

Anyone else getting nervous Justin Fields somehow slips to NE?
    I believe our foundation is so strong that Iím more concerned what we do than anyone else.

Yea, there is really no way to hate whatever we pick at #30 tonight. We can go any direction - Edge, OL, RB, CB and go best avail.

Much different than picking in the top 10 and have the risk of drafting a bust.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast