Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2021 NFL Draft

I really like the Basham pick. I donít know much about Brown, but heís a freak athlete and gigantic so it seems like thereís plenty to mold there. Darryl Williams also has experience playing guard so it probably doesnít mean heís definitely being let go after the season. They also had no OT depth so good move.

All of the WRs I wanted them to get are gone. Michael Carter at RB seems interesting. Other than that, Iíd like them to target CB, S and G.

A lot of important players including Gabe Davis and Milano were day 3 picks made by this team. Hopefully they are able to find a gem or two.

I also expect them to try to trade into the 4th round.

Yea, they really wanted Basham. There is a video out there of the OT we drafted jumping through a table last night, love it.

I was really high on Anthony Schwartz. Browns are crushing this draft. KC has drastically improved their O Line; so we are going to need these Edges to create pressure.

Among guys I would want for today - CB, RB, WR, TE ,S

Some top available ones below:
    Brevin Jordan - TE
    Amon-Ra St. Brown - WR
    Chuba Hubbard - RB
    Kenneth Gainwell - RB
    Quincy Roche - EDGE
    Shaun Wade - convert him to Safety
    Jabril Cox - LB

I think a trade into Round 4 is also possible. Deep roster, not all of these guys will have a chance to make the team.

With browns measurables and the OL locked up for next season, I could see them using Brown in Leeís spot at blocking TE.

Iím pretty happy with this draft overall. Nothing too flashy, but I have high hopes for the line additions.

There were zero frills with our draft, but hopefully it pays off.

I still would like to see one more CB addition and a trade for Ertz.

Really feel like Cleveland got way better this draft. Chargers too.

Based on who we drafted, a few more observations:

1. Either they really wanted one of those top RBs and got beat to the punch (Etienne), or they really like Singletary and Moss
    2. Beane and McDermott must be really high on Dane Jackson
    3. Epenesa, Rousseau, Basham (our three highest picks most recently) --> Seems to me that Buffalo is not willing to spend high on contracts for DEs / or is having trouble getting big names to sign here (JJ Watt)

Also - not probable at all, but how money would it be if we traded for Julio Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Smuggler View Post
    Based on who we drafted, a few more observations:

1. Either they really wanted one of those top RBs and got beat to the punch (Etienne), or they really like Singletary and Moss
    2. Beane and McDermott must be really high on Dane Jackson
    3. Epenesa, Rousseau, Basham (our three highest picks most recently) --> Seems to me that Buffalo is not willing to spend high on contracts for DEs / or is having trouble getting big names to sign here (JJ Watt)
    Iíve said it before and Iíll say it again - the issue with the run is the OL. It was like the OL didnít even care about run blocking last season. They added some big athletic bodies to the OL, so Iím hopeful.

Etienne would have been handy on passing downs, but if the OL isnít making any holes he would have been bottled up too. If the OL blocks at all in the run game this season then we can properly assess our RB and target one in the next draft if we need it.

I was sort of hoping for APeterson as a power back. Believe he is still available.

Also - not probable at all, but how money would it be if we traded for Julio Jones.
    I canít imagine how we could create that much cap.

Yea, no way we could afford Julio at the moment.

I would be 100% cool with AP, he does want to go to a contender and if I recall, he is a good pass blocker as well.

Yea, no way we could afford Julio at the moment.

I would be 100% cool with AP, he does want to go to a contender and if I recall, he is a good pass blocker as well.
    Doubles as a vet presence for our young RB crops too.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234