Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2021 NFL Draft

I have tried to look up draft grades on the pick as well, and I have seen everything from an A to a D+

What are you hoping for tonight? I am thinking OL / CB / WR. Longshot TE.

RB might be more of a Day 3 pick. I'd be ok with Chuba Hubbard or Ken Gainwell.

Comps I have seen on Russeau:
    JPP
    Arik Armstead
    Montez Sweat
    Carlos Dunlap

Jags proved my theory wrong. I didn't think that Etienne made sense for them before the draft and I still don't. James Robinson was just one of the leading rushers in the NFL...talk about a luxury pick from a bad team.

A project DE is the one thing I wanted them to avoid the most. The reactions are very mixed...some people hate the pick, some love it. His questionable athleticism and raw skills play into that.

This is another Epenesa scenario...not thrilled, but not bummed.

For the second year in a row, they drafted for their edge rushing needs and it ultimately may still end up being a need.

We'll see what happens....

Quote Originally Posted by Old Smuggler View Post
    What are you hoping for tonight? I am thinking OL / CB / WR. Longshot TE.

RB might be more of a Day 3 pick. I'd be ok with Chuba Hubbard or Ken Gainwell.
    I don't think RB is worth it at this point. It was one of the top 3 or no one for me. They already spent 3rd round picks in back-to-back years on Singletary and Moss. Highly doubtful that a RB after Etienne, Harris, and Williams will be equal, let alone an upgrade.

DT/CB/WR/OL/TE

Totally agree on Jags. Their coach said Etienne would be their 3rd down back. Who takes one that early in the draft? Def a luxury pick for Jacksonville. Oh well.

Buffalo will need Rousseau and Epenesa to step up sooner rather than later. We are in win-now mode.

My only concern is he didn't put up a great pro-day, measurable-wise, after sitting out the whole season.

We need athleticism on the edge.
    Hes in good hands now. I believe.
    That pro day is why he was available at our pick. Might be a blessing in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Jags proved my theory wrong. I didn't think that Etienne made sense for them before the draft and I still don't. James Robinson was just one of the leading rushers in the NFL...talk about a luxury pick from a bad team.

A project DE is the one thing I wanted them to avoid the most. The reactions are very mixed...some people hate the pick, some love it. His questionable athleticism and raw skills play into that.

This is another Epenesa scenario...not thrilled, but not bummed.

For the second year in a row, they drafted for their edge rushing needs and it ultimately may still end up being a need.

We'll see what happens....
    I have a much higher ceiling in this guy than I did with epenesa.

Totally agree on Jags. Their coach said Etienne would be their 3rd down back. Who takes one that early in the draft? Def a luxury pick for Jacksonville. Oh well.

Buffalo will need Rousseau and Epenesa to step up sooner rather than later. We are in win-now mode.
    Loading up for their new toy. I understand it, and I wish we did a little more of that for Allen early on.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Hes in good hands now. I believe.
    That pro day is why he was available at our pick. Might be a blessing in disguise.
    That is a good way to put it.

I read one team wanted to trade up with the Bills at #30, but we stuck and took Rousseau.

Not gonna lie, was really hoping for Creed Humphrey there but they went Basham. And of course, Humphrey goes to the Chiefs. KC's O Line is going to be insane.

Creed would have replaced Morse, who seems always about to retire. And we just let our biggest competitor get a lot better.

Just seems like we are loading out on DEs because we have none under contract next year.

*eventually replaced Morse.

Seems like we made up for it in rd 3. This dude Spencer Brown is apparently a freak for an OT, the best Relative Athletic Score (RAS as they apparently call it) #1 out of the last 1,143 OTs drafted since 1987 !

Apparently Bills had an offer to trade out of Round 2, but the ONLY way they were not accepting the trade was if Basham was avail.

Still sort of disappointing to see Melfanwu get passed over. Sounds like we will be adding a CB in Free Agency.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast