Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will we have more than 12 hits total and 10 runs total scored this series vs ATL?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes: Here starts the comeback!

0 0%
  • No: Lulz, might as well hit blindfolded

1 100.00%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    Other than injury updates, do sideline reporters, in any sport, provide anything worthwhile?
    Taylor McGregor is easy on the eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Crazy thing with him is he only has 30 major league innings over the 5 seasons he pitched , so they haven't really given him a real opportunity at this level to just pitch..

They have 5 more years of control with him, but he seems like a guy who if he goes to another team he'll probably end up a stud late innings guy

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    If he can't throw strikes in AA or AAA with a gazillion different pitching coaches he's not going to throw strikes in the MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Typical Cubs rally-K,BB,K,BB,BB,K. 6 batters, zero balls put into play. Now 7-82 with runners in scoring position.
    This.

3 true outcomes.

They hit 4 Cubs players and had 2 guys leave game from injury and we still lost.

Davies looked bad, his control is not good right now, and he seems to need a 3rd pitch because a few times through the order guys are spanking him all over the field. Change-up looks good he just can't control it.

Fact: If a player had a .200 OBP and a .200 SLG he would have a higher OPS than Joc Pederson does.

This team is useless.
    Screw sabermetics.

Real question. Is there a non-zero chance this is the worst team in all of major league baseball this year? I know there are other garbage teams, but I think it's on the table.

The league continues to figure out our hitters to the point that our offense has officially jumped the shark. Between our starters and bullpen, we have exactly 2 players that have any value whatsoever. Hendricks is a stud, and Kimbrel has pitched well (though he is liable to implode at any given moment).

So, to conclude, our offense is an unabated disaster, and 95% of our pitchers are replacement level or worse.

I don't know what team is unequivocally worse than us, at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownPacerFan View Post
    Real question. Is there a non-zero chance this is the worst team in all of major league baseball this year? I know there are other garbage teams, but I think it's on the table.

The league continues to figure out our hitters to the point that our offense has officially jumped the shark. Between our starters and bullpen, we have exactly 2 players that have any value whatsoever. Hendricks is a stud, and Kimbrel has pitched well (though he is liable to implode at any given moment).

So, to conclude, our offense is an unabated disaster, and 95% of our pitchers are replacement level or worse.

They are a middle of the road team. They will end up with anywhere between 75-82 wins imo. unless they trade off Rizzo, Baez and Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownPacerFan View Post

The pitching staff does some good things. There's 5 RP (all of which could be made available at the TDL) with <35% K%. In fact the bullpen leads the league quite comfortably in K9 at 13.13 and K% at 33.5. Unfortunately they walk way too many also. But that's really 4 RP (not even including Steele who looks like a spin beast, or Wieck, both because of SSS) they grabbed off the scrap heap, 1 reclamation project no other team wanted anything to do with, whom, if he continues to pitch like he is, will be one of, if not the hottest commodity at the TDL, and a few of our own homegrown guys beginning to flash. The lab is working. You may not see a ton of velo but the results have been quite good.

The staff also is top 10 in HR avoidance and GB rate. Overall the pitching has been fine. But it's gonna crack under the pressure the offense continues to put on it.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

So Heyward is donating his salary for JR Day to the Players Alliance. That's nice, but since none of the Cubs hitters except Contrears is earning a cent of their salaries thus far, perhaps they should be donating those salaries back to the Cubs organization.

https://twitter.com/Cubs/status/1383...438357505?s=19

Oh thank God, Winkler is so instrumental in this teams success...

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Oh thank God, Winkler is so instrumental in this teams success...
    Irritates me that they chose to keep Miller over Steele or even Strop

Willy! At least one of our players doesn't suck

"But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."

- Romans 8:25

Bote!

"But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."

- Romans 8:25

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast