Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How Will The Series Go?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sox Swept

0 0%
  • Sox Win One

1 25.00%
  • Split

1 25.00%
  • Sox Win Series

2 50.00%
  • Sox Sweep

0 0%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    I know it is going to sound like sacrilege, but with the glut of 1B/DH types, why don’t they give Abreu a couple days off? He is looking horrible right now and maybe few days off would help.
    Been thinking the same thing.....But when he first met La Russa , I remember reading that Abreu told him he wants to play not take days off. So La Russa I guess is placating certain players....nice!!

I'm really having a hard time figuring out what La Russa is bringing to the table so far!!!

They make physical errors, they make mental errors, they basically have the same approach at the plate always, no matter the situation or count, with the exception of Mercedes..... As soon as he (La Russa) wants to make a difference I'm all for it!
    Last edited by Bainsy; 04-19-2021 at 12:43 PM.

The nice thing is it's one game and Gio gets a bad start out of his way.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Wow, horrible start for Gio and for my week of Fantasy.

Luckily TA and Verdugo are keeping me with at least net positive points at the moment.

I know it is going to sound like sacrilege, but with the glut of 1B/DH types, why don’t they give Abreu a couple days off? He is looking horrible right now and maybe few days off would help.
    I think that’s coming soon. I was wondering this like mid last week

Historically, I feel like every time Abreu got an off day during a slump, he came back firing on all cylinders

Add Danny ManMeat to the bullpen! 41 MPH Jesus Christ! I had a +7.5 line down
    6, and had to sweat out Yermin and Mendick 😅

It’s nice we got to save our entire late inning relieving core

We are off to the exact same start as last year. For the most part starting pitching has been there. Clutch hitting has not. Bullpen has been hit or miss. Defense has been below average.

We broke through at 11-11 last year. That's when we finally went on a 7 game run. Hopefully we are ready to break through soon.

I think it is tough to see the dynamics that LaRussa is dealing with. Number one, mental errors and physical errors are generally on the players. But how he deals with the players is tricky. There is a group of dillusional people out there who want to see LaRussa fail for non-baseball related reasons, and can’t wait to call him out for the first controversial move he makes and drive a wedge between him and the players. I think he has been treading on eggshells since day one and it is tough to make an “unpopular personnel decision” within the first month at the helm of a new team.
    But, eventually I think you will see some tough decisions made.
    Last edited by Sockeye; 04-19-2021 at 06:52 PM.

I think it is tough to see the dynamics that LaRussa is dealing with. Number one, mental errors and physical errors are generally on the players. But how he deals with the players is tricky. There is a group of dillusional people out there who want to see LaRussa fail for non-baseball related reasons, and can’t wait to call him out for the first controversial move he makes and drive a wedge between him and the players. I think he has been treading on eggshells since day one and it is tough to make an “unpopular personnel decision” within the first month at the helm of a new team.
    I think he’s made plenty of feather ruffling decisions already, which is a good thing.

A split in Boston and plenty of baseball left.

Ignore Abreu sub .200. IMO he is the guy like Texiera was. 1st month nothing., May heat up with the weather.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I think he’s made plenty of feather ruffling decisions already, which is a good thing.
    Like what?? Batting a guy they DFA'd fifth against Bieber....Batting Leurry 6th twice?? Or you mean he sat down Abreu like he should have by now!!

People need to forget last year....It wasn't a full season It was ******** of a season and I don't even consider it a real season!

Generally speaking physical errors are on players...Mental errors are on both the player and the manger. Treading on eggshells, really? Then why is he here?? If not to be unpopular and win!!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast