Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How Will The Series Go?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sox Swept

0 0%
  • Sox Win One

1 25.00%
  • Split

1 25.00%
  • Sox Win Series

2 50.00%
  • Sox Sweep

0 0%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Chicago White Sox (6-7) @ Boston Red Sox (9-4) | 4/16 - 4/19

Chicago White Sox (6-7) @ Boston Red Sox (9-4)
    Fenway Park - Boston, MA. | 4/16 - 4/19

Friday April 16, 2021 @ 6:10pm CT on NBCSN & MLBN
    Dylan Cease, RHP (0-0, 3.68 ERA) vs. Nick Pivetta, RHP (2-0, 3.27 ERA)

White Sox: Cease has made two starts and thrown exactly 4-2/3 innings in each one. He has allowed four runs while striking out nine, though he has walked six and thrown 182 pitches between those two outings.
    Red Sox: By winning his last start, Pivetta became the first Red Sox starter since Wakefield in 95' his first four starts with the club. Pivetta pitched well against the White Sox in two relief appearances in 2019.

Saturday April 17, 2021 @ 3:05pm CT on NBCSN
    Dallas Keuchel, LHP (0-0, 6.43 ERA) vs. TBA

White Sox: It wasn't until 5pm on Monday when Keuchel who was scheduled to take the mound on Wednesday, knew he would be starting in place of Carlos Rodon. The left hander worked five plus innings, giving the White Sox a chance to win the game in the ninth.

Sunday April 18, 2021 @ 12:10pm CT on NBCSN
    Lucas Giolito, RHP (1-0, 2.55 ERA) vs. Martin Perez, LHP (0-0, 4.50 ERA)

White Sox: Giolito threw a masterful seven shutout innings his last time out against Cleveland in a pitchers' duel with Shane Bieber. Through three starts, Giolito has struck out 26 batters with just five walks across 17-2/3 innings.
    Red Sox: The lefty has done his job so far this season and kept the team in both games he has pitched. Perez is 2-5 in 11 career starts at Fenway but still hasn't won there as a member of the Red Sox.

Monday April 19, 2021 @ 10:10am CT on NBCSN & MLBN
    Carlos Rodon, LHP (2-0, 0.00 ERA) vs. Nathan Eovaldi, RHP (2-1, 2.08 ERA)

White Sox: Rodon threw the 20th no hitter in White Sox history against the Indians on Wednesday, retiring the first 25 batters before hitting Roberto Perez with a slider. Rodon has allowed two hits across 14 innings with 16 strikeouts.
    Red Sox: The flame throwing righty is off to a tremendous start, giving up twp earned runs or fewer in his first three outings. Eovaldi has 14 strikeouts and four walks in 17-1/3 innings, and he's 1-1 with a 5.59 ERA in three appearances lifetime against the White Sox

Taking 3 out of 4 on this one, I can feel it.

I don't think Boston is as good as their record indicates....So I think 3 out of 4 would be expected, but the way this team is performing overall I'll take a split!

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Taking 3 out of 4 on this one, I can feel it.

With TA back, i think this team is gonna get going. Im feeling 3 of 4 as well!

I almost always anticipate a split in a 4 gamer. I just think were about see the Sox progress to their mean starting with this series.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

This 4 game series might turn into a 3 or 2 game series.

The weather today and tomorrow in Boston is crap.

Game PPD tonight to be made up Sunday afternoon.

So those would both be 7 inning games, with Gio going in one of them.
    Would like to see him go all 7, and use the pen in the other if either of Cease or Kuechel canít go too deep. They have been the most suspect 2 starters. Cease has not been bad by any means, and I feel like Kuechel will get it going eventually.

The funny thing is, with the 7 inning double header rule, if you have solid starters going, you may get away with completely avoiding the pen for the whole 2 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    The funny thing is, with the 7 inning double header rule, if you have solid starters going, you may get away with completely avoiding the pen for the whole 2 games.
    Yup thatíd be ideal AF. Keuchel is more then capable and due for a 7 inning game. Gio could go 7 in his sleep.

We already lost two games with the 10th inning ghost runner on second rule.
    What if we lose two more close games in 7 innings? How about those new rules?

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    We already lost two games with the 10th inning ghost runner on second rule.
    What if we lose two more close games in 7 innings? How about those new rules?
    I hate the rule but we need to be better. Also, donít throw Crochet in that situation for a while. His confidence already looks sapped from it. And his fielding isnít there and there could be a book on his woes where we keep facing bunts in the 10th

These new rules do not play to our favor. This is not the 05 Sox who could play small ball and manufacture runs. This team relies on stringing together hits, or a couple guys get on and hope for the long ball. I donít see it changing either, as I think that is just the way our roster is constructed.

If Iím not mistaken, the playoffs will revert back to the regular rules, right?

I still do not understand not bunting against the shift. The other night Grandal came up against the shift. He had the whole left side of the infield available. Any bunt placed near the 3B line was a sure hit. He promptly grounded hard, right into the shift.

Even if you bunt foul, you are letting the other team know that you are considering it. Lay a few down, and maybe they donít play the shift anymore. If NL pitchers can be taught to sac bunt, a regular hitter should be able to guide a ball down the line. You donít even have to worry about deadening it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    I still do not understand not bunting against the shift. The other night Grandal came up against the shift. He had the whole left side of the infield available. Any bunt placed near the 3B line was a sure hit. He promptly grounded hard, right into the shift.

Even if you bunt foul, you are letting the other team know that you are considering it. Lay a few down, and maybe they donít play the shift anymore. If NL pitchers can be taught to sac bunt, a regular hitter should be able to guide a ball down the line. You donít even have to worry about deadening it.
    I agree. Especially when we are struggling for hits

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast